•   
  •   

UK News Two men arrested on suspicion of attempting to murder NHS worker in hit-and-run

22:50  01 august  2020
22:50  01 august  2020 Source:   msn.com

Murder of Daphne Caruana Galizia in Malta: a suspect attempted suicide

 Murder of Daphne Caruana Galizia in Malta: a suspect attempted suicide © AFP Photo of journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia waved during a demonstration in her honor on November 29, 2019 in front of the Maltese Prime Minister's office in Valletta. Suspected of having been an intermediary in the murder of journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia in 2017 in Malta, a man tried to end his life on Tuesday July 21, Maltese police said. The man is currently in critical condition.

a sign on the side of a building: The victim works at Southmead Hospital in Bristol (Ben Birchall/PA) © Ben Birchall The victim works at Southmead Hospital in Bristol (Ben Birchall/PA)

Two men have been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following a racially-aggravated hit-and-run attack on an NHS worker.

The 21-year-old musician, who wishes only to be referred to as K or his stage name Kdogg, was walking to a bus stop after finishing work at Southmead Hospital in Bristol at about 4.30pm on July 22.

He was listening to Stormzy on his headphones when a car was deliberately driven at him, causing serious injuries including a broken leg, nose and cheekbone.

Russia claims to have foiled an attack plan in Moscow, a man with a Kalashnikov shot down

 Russia claims to have foiled an attack plan in Moscow, a man with a Kalashnikov shot down © REUTERS Russia has already been the target of several attacks by militant Islamist groups FSB agents killed on Monday morning a man suspected of preparing to carry out a mass murder. The Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) announced Monday, July 27, 2020 that it had foiled a Moscow bombing plan and shot dead a man suspected of planning a mass shooting. The suspect, whose identity has not been released, was from a country in Central Asia, the FSB said.

Avon and Somerset Police confirmed that two 18-year-old men had been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder on Saturday morning and remain in police custody.

The force said the attack was being treated as racially aggravated due to the racist language used by the occupants of the car.

a man and a woman taking a selfie: K and his sister following the attack (Claire Hayhurst/PA) © Provided by PA Media K and his sister following the attack (Claire Hayhurst/PA)

Superintendent Andy Bennett said: “We appreciate this incident has caused a significant amount of concern but we’d like to stress there is no intelligence or information to indicate there’s a further risk to the public.

“If anyone does have any concerns or worries then I would urge them to speak to officers within their local neighbourhood policing team who will be happy to answer any questions they can.

Protest against corona policy: attempted arson attack on Belgian parliament

 Protest against corona policy: attempted arson attack on Belgian parliament © dpa Police officers and armed soldiers at crime scene A 36-year-old man was arrested for attempting an arson attack on the Belgian parliament building. The police-known man from Limbourg in eastern Belgium tried to drop a homemade gasoline bomb on the building in the center of Brussels in the early Monday afternoon, the prosecutor said on Tuesday. At interrogation, the man said he acted in protest against the government's corona crisis management.

“I know the senior detective overseeing the investigation has spoken personally with the victim to provide as much reassurance as she can, and a dedicated contact officer continues to update him about the progress of the investigation.”

He said the force continued to work with community leaders, the local authority and the charity Stand Against Racism & Inequality (Sari), which is supporting K and his family.

A dedicated investigation team was put in place following the incident and is being supported by members of the force’s Major Crime Investigation Team.

The vehicle involved in the incident has been seized and police are awaiting the results of a forensic examination carried out on it.

Officers are continuing to take witness statements, complete house-to-house inquiries and ensure that a full review of any available CCTV has taken place.

Supt Bennett added: “I’d like to thank the many members of the public who have shown their support either by providing us with information or making gestures of solidarity with the victim.

“Bristol is a wonderful city full of diverse communities and I continue to be heartened by its reactions to incidents such as this.”

K, a keen footballer, has been left unable to walk without crutches, only able to sleep sitting up in a chair and requiring regular hospital treatment for his injuries.

Doctors have said it will take a minimum of six months before K is able to do most things, but it will take longer for him to be back to full fitness.

He has been left permanently scarred, with surgeons unable to remove glass and grit in his face.

A fundraising page set up by his friend Simeon Mccarthy has received more than £31,000 in donations, and has been supported by the band Massive Attack.

Minsk promises Russia a meeting with suspected mercenaries

 Minsk promises Russia a meeting with suspected mercenaries BELARUS-RUSSIA: Minsk promises Russia a meeting with suspected mercenaries © Reuters / VASILY FEDOSENKO MINSK PROMISES RUSSIA A MEETING WITH PRESUMED MERCENARIES Minsk Reuters) - Belarus on Friday pledged to hold a meeting between Moscow diplomats and a group of Russian nationals arrested this week in the former Soviet republic and presented as mercenaries, Tass news agency reports. The agency quotes the Russian ambassador stationed in Minsk.

Mr Mccarthy said the money would go directly to K to support him through his recovery “in whichever way he sees fit”.

The fundraising page can be found at gofundme.com/f/help-raise-money-for-nhs-member-of-staff


Video: Police in Granville Street after incident (Birmingham Mail)

Tories wait for police probe before deciding on suspension for rape-accused MP .
Labour has called the failure to remove the whip ‘shocking’ following the publication of the allegations.Labour branded the decision not to kick him out of the party “shocking” but a spokesman for Government chief whip Mark Spencer said he wanted to await the conclusion of the police inquiry.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 0
This is interesting!