•   
  •   

UK News Erik Alonso's Derby takeover in serious JEOPARDY

04:05  06 may  2021
04:05  06 may  2021 Source:   dailymail.co.uk

Update emerges involving Erik Alonso and Derby County amid current struggles

  Update emerges involving Erik Alonso and Derby County amid current struggles Erik Alonso’s potential takeover of Derby County is said to not include a get-out clause if the Rams get relegated from the Championship this season, with The Athletic making the revelation this morning. The 29-year-old is expected to complete his takeover of the Midlands club in the not too distant future, with Mel Morris preparing […]The 29-year-old is expected to complete his takeover of the Midlands club in the not too distant future, with Mel Morris preparing to sanction his own departure from Pride Park after months of speculation.

a man and a woman sitting in front of a building: MailOnline logo © Provided by Daily Mail MailOnline logo

The takeover of Derby County is in serious doubt after claims that prospective owner Erik Alonso has attempted to refinance Pride Park in a bid to fund the deal.

Sportsmail has been told that alarm bells are ringing inside the club and there is a realisation that the buyout is unlikely to go through.

Alonso has provided proof of funds — it is not known if this money belonged to him or an associate — but sources say he does not intend to use that to complete the purchase of the Championship club.

a boy and a girl sitting on a chair: ( © Provided by Daily Mail (

Instead, they claim the Spanish businessman wants to borrow against the stadium. Derby owner Mel Morris bought Pride Park in 2018, but Sportsmail understands the deal with Alonso includes the transfer of it to his company, No Limits Sports Ltd.

Exclusive: Rob Lee sends clear message regarding Erik Alonso’s takeover of Derby County

  Exclusive: Rob Lee sends clear message regarding Erik Alonso’s takeover of Derby County Rob Lee insists that Erik Alonso’s proposed takeover of Derby County is “fantastic” news for the club after what has been a turbulent campaign on and off the pitch. It has been a hugely disappointing season for the Rams, who are staring relegation to League One right in the face ahead of their final two […]It has been a hugely disappointing season for the Rams, who are staring relegation to League One right in the face ahead of their final two games of the campaign.

The sale of the club — who need a result against Sheffield Wednesday in Saturday's final game to stay in the Championship — was agreed one month ago and has since been subject to the EFL's owners and directors test.

The delay, we are told, has been caused by Alonso's alleged attempt to secure finance against Pride Park and the time it takes to arrange a report on the ground's value.

a man in a suit and tie: ( © Provided by Daily Mail ( ( © Provided by Daily Mail (

Morris — who also secured a loan against the stadium last year — is desperate to sell the club after being forced to cover April's wages from his own pocket last Friday.

Morris agreed to proceed with Alonso, 29, in the belief that a takeover could be concluded swiftly.

Yet optimism has faded and the deal looks set to go the same way as the doomed takeover of Dubai-based Bin Zayed International.

There was concern last month when Alonso suggested six players Derby should target for transfer — five of which were ineligible for a UK work permit.

It is suspected that Alonso, who also works as an agent, will use Derby as a trading platform for players and has plans to install his own technical director and recruitment team. Derby declined to comment. Alonso did not respond when approached.

Read more

'Danger for the PL', 'Walls are closing in' - Many NUFC fans react to takeover-related news .
A lot of Newcastle United fans have flocked to a post from NUFC 360, which has relayed news from The Shields Gazette regarding Mike Ashley’s latest legal challenge over the proposed takeover. The Toon’s owner announced last week that he had launched a new case against the Premier League, and new details have emerged which […]The Toon’s owner announced last week that he had launched a new case against the Premier League, and new details have emerged which confirm that Newcastle are likely to hear soon about how long the CAT (Competition Appeal Tribunal) will take and that fans might even be able to watch it live.

usr: 2
This is interesting!