UK News Heartbreaking tribute for 'kind' schoolboy, 4, who died after contracting Strep A
Stevie Nicks shares moving tribute to Christine McVie
In the touching tribute, Nicks called McVie her 'best friend in the whole world since the first day of 1975.'In the touching tribute, Nicks, 74, called McVie her 'best friend in the whole world since the first day of 1975.
A schoolboy, aged four, has died after contacting Strep A, making him the sixth UK child confirmed to have died after contracting the infection. Muhammad Ibrahim Ali died at his home in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, on November 14 after suffering a cardiac arrest, his mother told the Bucks Free Press newspaper.
The four-year-old's headteacher at Oakridgesaid Ibrahim was a friendly boy who loved being outside and was 'constantly smiling'. The headteacher, Stuart Cook, said the school has been working closely with the , and that all classrooms have been deep cleaned.
"Ibrahim was a friendly boy who loved coming to Oakridge School. He had lots of energy and was always active. He particularly loved being outdoors in Forest School", Mr Cook said. "Ibrahim was kind and loved to help his friends. He was constantly smiling. We are one big family at Oakridge and will miss him terribly."
Heartbroken families pay tribute as four UK children confirmed to have died from Strep A
The families of Muhammad Ibrahim Ali and Hanna Roap have spoken about their devastating loss after both children died of a Strep A infection.Muhammad Ibrahim Ali died at his home on November 14 after suffering a cardiac arrest, said his heartbroken family.
Mr Cook continued: "Everyone has been supporting each other as a result of this tragedy. We have been touched by the response from the Oakridge School Community who have shared their condolences and laid flowers. They have also raised over £4,000 for charity and for a memorial at the school, so that Ibrahim will always have a place here.
"The children have had some lovely thoughts about how we can remember and celebrate Ibrahim’s time here at Oakridge. We will miss him dearly." Mr Cook added that the school has been working closely with the Health Security Agency, who have done a 'thorough' risk assessment of the school. "We have been following their advice in order to keep everyone safe", he said.
Six children died from Strep A in England this season - five were under the age of 10
The UKHSA said investigations are underway.Strep A, known by its full name as Group A streptococcus, is a bacterial infection which can cause sore throats, scarlet fever and invasive disease in rare cases.
"We have informed parents and been told by medical professionals that the most common infections caused by Group A streptococcus are mild and anything more serious, whilst devastating, is extremely rare. We are advising parents to monitor their children for symptoms and to go to the GP if worried. We have deep cleaned the classrooms."
The school have launched a crowdfunding page to create a memorial for Ibrahim which can be found
Want more of the latest London news sent straight to your inbox? Sign up to our tailored newsletters
The i Podcast: What went wrong with the Strep A outbreak? .
How the Government's response to Strep A fell apartJoining us to lift the lid on what has hampered the response is i Policy Editor Jane Merrick, who has broken a series of stories during the outbreak about the scramble to supply the vital antibiotics needed to parents of sick children. i reporter Alannah Francis also joins us to to tell us about the frontline medical staff and families that have been swept up in the chaos.