•   
  •   

Ireland Garda pleads guilty to sex assault on woman at Mayo hotel

10:41  14 february  2018
10:41  14 february  2018 Source:   msn.com

Woman in her 40s arrested after child found in critical condition at Dublin house

  Woman in her 40s arrested after child found in critical condition at Dublin house The discovery of the injured child was made in Shankill at around 4pm .The tot was rushed by ambulance under garda escort to Crumlin Children's Hospital. A garda spokesman said: "At approximately 4.15pm, gardaí attended the scene of an incident involving a child at a house in Shankill, Co Dublin."Arising from the incident a three-year-old girl was taken by Ambulance to Our Lady’s Hospital, Crumlin."A woman in her 40s was arrested at the scene and is currently detained under section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act, 1984 at a south Dublin Garda Station."Gardaí are at the scene and enquiries are ongoing.

Larry Nassar, the former Team USA Gymnastics doctor charged with sexual assault , pleads guilty in court.

Investigators continue to interview women who have said Mr. Weinstein forced them to have sex with him. A version of this article appears in print on , on Page A18 of the New York edition with the headline: Weinstein Pleads Not Guilty to Sexual Assault .

  Garda pleads guilty to sex assault on woman at Mayo hotel

A serving garda made a last- minute guilty plea in a sexual assault case on Tuesday.

The trial had been told the married officer got into bed with a woman and sexually assaulted her.

Judge Rory McCabe heard last week how the garda was staying in the apartment where the incident took place with a group attending a charity event at the Breaffy House Hotel in Castlebar, Co Mayo.

The complainant told the court she had gone to bed around midnight on July 26, 2015, but awoke to feel a sexual act being carried out upon her.

Giving evidence about the evening in question, her husband said the defendant had left to go to the toilet but after he was gone for some time, those present went into the bathroom with the intention of videoing him, thinking he had fallen asleep.

Vigilante group has scuppered Garda’s child grooming case

  Vigilante group has scuppered Garda’s child grooming case A garda investigation into a ‘cut and dry’ case of child grooming has been compromised after a vigilante group shared allegations and images of the suspect on social media, the Extra.ie has learned. The allegations were shared hundreds of thousands of times by vigilante groups here and in the UK, and among community groups and concerned parents who are unaware of the damage that can be done to criminal investigations.

In a Michigan courtroom Wednesday, former USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting seven girls, most of them gymnasts. Nassar told his victims he is sorry.

A 36-year-old woman has pleaded not guilty to multiple sexual assault charges involving a bedridden 16-year-old exchange student in Honolulu.

When they discovered he was not there, the husband went into the bedroom where his wife was and discovered the defendant in bed with his trousers down.

The next day the defendant broke down in front of other members of the group, saying he had not meant to get so drunk and would “never do anything to hurt” the complainant or her husband.

He sent a Facebook message to both, saying “I deeply apologise for my behaviour”, that drinking Captain Morgan rum “doesn’t agree with me” and that he felt “embarrassed, ashamed and stupid”.

When told by defence barrister Ken Fogarty the layout of the apartment’s bedroom was very similar to the defendant’s own “marital” bedroom at home, the complainant agreed she got some consolation from this fact.

Mr Fogarty yesterday advised Castlebar Circuit Court there had been a development.

He added: “The implications are significant for my client so I am making an application for a probation and welfare report.”

Judge McCabe released the garda on bail until June 13 for sentencing.

For more of the most popular News, Sport, Lifestyle & Entertainment on MSN, Follow us on Facebook, and on Twitter

DNA links man to three attacks on women in five years, court told .
A man has gone on trial accused of carrying out three attacks on women over a five-year period.He is also charged with unlawfully having a hunting knife with intent to intimidate on the same occasion.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!