•   
  •   

IrelandRomanian national denies murder of father-of-one Jonathan Duke

17:30  29 november  2018
17:30  29 november  2018 Source:   independent.ie

Latvian cops join in hunt to find Mikolaj Wilk’s killers in eastern Europe

Latvian cops join in hunt to find Mikolaj Wilk’s killers in eastern Europe Latvian cops join in hunt to find Mikolaj Wilk’s killers in eastern Europe

Catherine O'Connor, 37, of Bridge House, Sean Hales Place, Bandon, had denied the murder , but was convicted this morning. Minutes later, gardaí found the body of 27-year-old father - of - one Jonathan Duke in the nearby Bandon river. A white electrical flex was wrapped four times around his neck.

Anatomy of a Murder is a 1959 American courtroom drama crime film produced and directed by Otto Preminger. The screenplay by Wendell Mayes was based on the novel of the same name written by Michigan Supreme Court Justice John D. Voelker under the pen name Robert Traver.

Romanian national denies murder of father-of-one Jonathan Duke © Getty Romanian national denies murder of father-of-one Jonathan Duke

A ROMANIAN national has denied the murder of a young Irish father of one.

Ciprian Grozavu (44) pleaded not guilty to the murder of Jonathan 'Dukie' Duke (27) before a Central Criminal Court jury in Cork.

The defendant, when arraigned, told Ms Justice Eileen Creedon and the jury panel he was: "not guilty, your honour".

Grozavu denies the murder of Mr Duke at Bridge House, Sean Hales Place, Bandon, Co Cork on November 13, 2011.

Romanian national denies murder of father-of-one Jonathan Duke Jonathan Duke

The Romanian had been living at Bridge House in the west Cork town, which overlooks the Bandon River, in November 2011.

Grozavu appeared in court wearing a navy blue suit, white shirt and tie.

He remained silent beyond confirming his not guilty plea though he briefly waved to relatives from Romania who had travelled to Cork for the hearing.

Ms Justice Creedon told the jury of eight men and four women that the trial will open at 11am on Monday.

The trial is expected to last up to two weeks.

Man admits murder after driving into shoppers.
A man who deliberately ploughed a car into Christmas shoppers on a city street in Australia has pleaded guilty to murder. Saeed Noori injured 17 people when he rammed his mother's vehicle into pedestrians on 21 December last year in Melbourne. One of the casualties, 83-year-old Antonios Crocaris, died in hospital eight days later. The 33-year-old, who is now an Australian citizen after arriving in the country as a refugee from Afghanistan in 2004, faces a life sentence after entering his guilty plea at Victoria state supreme court.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!