•   
  •   

IrelandMan found guilty of attempted rape of woman in Dublin

12:40  30 may  2019
12:40  30 may  2019 Source:   thejournal.ie

Met Police PC found guilty of raping woman in Antigua

Met Police PC found guilty of raping woman in Antigua A serving Metropolitan Police officer is facing a lengthy prison term in the Caribbean after he was convicted of raping a woman. Constable Lee Martin-Cramp used his job to win the victim's trust before carrying out the "most deplorable" attack while on holiday in Antigua in May 2015. The 26-year-old was convicted by a jury at Antigua's High Court on Thursday after being extradited to the island in what is reported to be a legal first.Martin-Cramp is expected to be sentenced on 11 July.

A 34-year-old man who is currently serving an 18-year sentence for random attacks on three women has been convicted of attempted rape almost nine years ago. Slawomir Gierlowski had denied being the man who attacked a fourth woman as she made her way home at around 3am on 18 December

Two men have been found guilty of attempting to rape a woman in an attack which left her unconscious. The woman in her 20s was assaulted when Gierlowski of Galtymore Drive, Drimnagh, Dublin was convicted last year of carrying out the three attacks. Two of these involved a sexual

Man found guilty of attempted rape of woman in Dublin © independent.ie Central Criminal Court

A POLISH ROOFER who is currently serving a lengthy prison term for random attacks on three women has been convicted of trying to rape a woman almost nine years ago.

Slawomir Gierlowski (34) had denied being the man who attacked a fourth woman as she made her way home at around 3am on the night of 18 December 2010.

Semen found on the skirt of that victim was linked to Gierlowski through a DNA profile taken from him in June 2016 by gardaí in Clondalkin investigating a knifepoint attack on a woman the previous month.

This DNA profile had matched up with two other DNA profiles retrieved during investigations into separate sexual assaults on women in the Clondalkin area in 2015 and 2011. Gardaí from the Bridewell who were investigating the 2010 city centre attack then linked him to that attack.

Notorious serial sex attacker Robert Melia back on Dublin streets following prison release

Notorious serial sex attacker Robert Melia back on Dublin streets following prison release Melia, who is in his 50s, has multiple previous rape allegations over decades - in one he threatened to chop up his victim as he sexually assaulted her . A source said: "Melia is out on the streets and there are real fears that he will reoffend. This man is considered one of the country's most dangerous sex offenders. "He must report to the gardai in seven days to tell them where he is living but he is due to live in a hostel in the city centre. "He will be closely monitored by gardai and if he is in breach of the terms of his arrest they will deal with him." © Getty Members of Garda Siochana seen in Dublin's center.

Two men have been found guilty of attempting to rape a woman in an attack which left her unconscious. The woman in her 20s was assaulted The court heard the woman had walked along Rope Walk away from the town centre and was crossing Grimwade Street when she was attacked

Slawomir Gierlowski (34) is currently serving a lengthy prison term for random attacks on three women .

Gierlowski of Galtymore Drive, Drimnagh, Dublin was convicted last year of carrying out the three attacks. Two of these involved a sexual assault on women walking home after a night out.

At his sentence hearing last May (2018), Judge Pauline Codd said those attacks, which involved the use of a leather belt, a hunting knife, duct tape and cable ties, were brutal and primal. She imposed an operative sentence of 18.5 years.

Earlier this month Gierlowski went on trial at the Central Criminal Court for the 2010 attack.

Yesterday the jury of three women and nine men returned unanimous guilty verdicts on charges of sexual assault, attempted rape and assault causing harm.

Gierlowski had denied all the charges. The verdicts came on day twelve of the trial and followed just under three hours of deliberations.

Eight years for rapist who had to be pulled away from victim in laneway attack

Eight years for rapist who had to be pulled away from victim in laneway attack Eight years for rapist who had to be pulled away from victim in laneway attack

A 42-YEAR-OLD man has been found guilty in Tralee of the multiple rape and sexual assault of a then 10-year-old He had stopped when she screamed when he attempted to rape her anally, she told the jury. Reporting restrictions are to remain and will be clarified on sentencing in Dublin on November

A man has pleaded not guilty to the false imprisonment and attempted rape of a woman in Dublin city centre over 3 years ago. The man cannot be named for legal reasons. He also denies several sexual assault charges which allegedly happened at Blackhall Place in February 2010.

Justice Michael White thanked the jurors for their service in what he said was a difficult case. He remanded Gierlowski in continuing custody for a sentence hearing on 23 July next and ordered a victim impact report for that date.

The trial heard that the woman was making her way into the courtyard of her apartment block when her attacker followed her in and then pushed her to the ground.

Man found guilty of attempted rape of woman in Dublin © Niall Carson PA Archive PA Images He punched her repeatedly and then held a hand on her throat, choking her and stopping her from calling out.

He sexually assaulted her and tried to rape her but was not erect. He then began masturbating and ejaculated on her skirt before running off and climbing over the gate to the courtyard.

Gardaí were called and arrived at the scene within minutes. The woman told them her attacker had a pierced eyebrow and that when she began speaking Polish his demeanour changed and he became less brutal.

'A sense of class' - man jailed for 12 years for rape of teenage schoolgirl at birthday party

'A sense of class' - man jailed for 12 years for rape of teenage schoolgirl at birthday party 'A sense of class' - man jailed for 12 years for rape of teenage schoolgirl at birthday party

Mount Vernon felon found guilty of beating, trying to rape woman . Thomas Jessamy, 58, was convicted on Friday of felony charges after being accused A Mount Vernon felon has been convicted of attempted rape after being accused of attacking a woman in his home last year, officials said.

Rape is a statutory offence in England and Wales. According to the law, rape occurs when a man penetrates another person with his penis without the consent of the person being penetrated. If a victim is forcefully penetrated with an object, this is classed as "Assault by Penetration" (section 2)

Last June Gierlowski’s lawyers had made applications to the court to order Google to temporarily expunge the man’s name from the Internet in advance of this trial. Refusing the application Justice Patrick McCarthy said the courts had to become accustomed to the modern world and “cope with” the fact that there is information online about cases.

He said he was quite satisfied that it was not necessary to remove the online material.

Noting the trial around the X case – a 1992 rape case at the centre of a high profile legal battle on the right to travel for an abortion – Justice McCarthy said: “If that case can be tried, any case can be tried”.

He said jurors will have to be told carefully that if a case rings any bell in their minds, they have to bring that to the attention of the court. He said that courts “have to become accustomed to the modern world” and the jurors must be trusted.

MORE NEWS:

Minister faces quiz on advice to Maria Bailey (Independent.ie)

Slain man 'behind multiple murders' (Dublin Live)

Irish legal system slammed as 'farce' (Irish Mirror)

Met Eireann issues yellow rain warning (Extra.ie)

Neymar questioned after posting images of his rape accuser online.
Brazilian footballer Neymar has given testimony at a Rio de Janeiro police station in an investigation linked to a woman's rape allegation against him. He was questioned by detectives for almost two hours after he posted images and messages from his accuser on social media without her permission - a potential violation of her online privacy. Najila Trindade, a 26-year-old woman also from Brazil, has alleged that Neymar raped her in a Paris hotel room and became aggressive after she refused to have unprotected sex.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 3
This is interesting!