Ireland: Couple accused of child cruelty after nine-year-old daughter suffered serious injuries held longer pending 'further charges' - PressFrom - United Kingdom
  •   
  •   

IrelandCouple accused of child cruelty after nine-year-old daughter suffered serious injuries held longer pending 'further charges'

16:50  14 august  2019
16:50  14 august  2019 Source:   thejournal.ie

Couple accused of child cruelty after daughter (9) found with serious injuries are remanded in custody

Couple accused of child cruelty after daughter (9) found with serious injuries are remanded in custody Couple accused of child cruelty after daughter (9) found with serious injuries are remanded in custody

Parents accused of child cruelty after daughter (9) suffered serious injuries . A MARRIED COUPLE have been remanded in custody on child cruelty charges after their nine - year - old daughter was discovered with serious injuries at her home in north Dublin.

A vegan couple accused of neglecting their 20-month- old daughter who was allegedly found malnourished and suffering rickets has They are both charged with failing to provide for child and grievous bodily harm. Police arrested the pair after their daughter was taken to hospital with a seizure.

Couple accused of child cruelty after nine-year-old daughter suffered serious injuries held longer pending 'further charges' © independent.ie Central Criminal Court A COUPLE ACCUSED of child cruelty after their nine-year-old daughter was discovered with serious injuries at their home in north Dublin have been further held in custody pending “further charges”.

The girl was taken to Temple Street Children’s Hospital on 2 July and is still receiving treatment.

Gardaí launched an investigation and arrested the mother and father, who are aged in their thirties, last week.

The married couple, who are non-Irish nationals, are charged under Section 246 of the Children’s Act, for alleged treatment of the child in a manner likely to cause unnecessary suffering or injury to her health or seriously to affect her being. It can, on conviction, carry a sentence of up to seven years imprisonment.

Man accused of stealing Oscar will no longer face charges

Man accused of stealing Oscar will no longer face charges A man accused of stealing an Oscar statuette from Hollywood star Frances McDormand will no longer face charges, prosecutors said. Terry Bryant was alleged to have taken the best actress Academy Award from the Governors Ball in 2018. The 48-year-old was said to have been showing off the statuette to photographers on Oscars night and telling onlookers he had won. Your browser does not support this video require(["binding"], function (binding) { binding("wcVideoPlayer", "#video_player_9f29ed92-4504-4d4c-a279-5245fccff860").

A Southern California couple was arrested on suspicion of child cruelty after deputies found them living in Investigators do not believe the children were being held captive, like another family, which lived about 60 David and Louise Turpin have pleaded not guilty to torture, abuse and other charges .

- Investigators were planning to search the suburban home of a Georgia couple accused of child cruelty after an emaciated 18- year - old male was found wandering at a Los Angeles bus station. The teen told authorities he had suffered years of abuse after being taken out of school in the eighth grade.

The woman faces an additional charge for failing to seek medical assistance for the girl for a head injury.

They made no application for bail when their case came before Dublin District Court last Friday. They faced their second hearing today when they appeared before Judge John Hughes.

The man and woman sat beside each at the side of the courtroom. They spoke briefly to each other and listened to the proceedings with the assistance of an interpreter.

The woman was in tears throughout the hearing.

Detective Sergeant Eoin McDonnell told Judge Hughes he was making an application for a further one week remand in custody pending directions from the Director of Public Prosecutions and “possible further charges”.

Couple accused of child cruelty after nine-year-old daughter suffered serious injuries held longer pending 'further charges' © Leah Farrell RollingNews.ie Defence solicitor Sinead Mulhall consented to the application for the adjournment.

NYC medical examiner completes autopsy on Jeffrey Epstein’s body, says cause of death still pending

NYC medical examiner completes autopsy on Jeffrey Epstein’s body, says cause of death still pending New York City’s chief medical examiner performed an autopsy on the body of Jeffrey Epstein Sunday, but said that the cause of death was “pending further information at this time.” 

(KTLA) — A 26- year - old man is facing child abuse charges for allegedly torturing his 5- year - old Antwone Rattler is charged with four felony counts of child abuse and cruelty to a child resulting in Court records show his daughter suffered a bruised and swollen lip. His son also had extensive

The Rochdale child sex abuse ring involved underage teenage girls in Rochdale, Greater Manchester, England. Nine men were convicted of sex trafficking and other offences including rape

Judge Hughes said reporting restrictions imposed last week remain in place as he further remanded the pair in custody to appear again on August 21 next.

At their first hearing, Detective Garda Aoife O’Brien said she arrested the 35-year-old woman in Dublin’s south-side on 7 August under the Non-Fatal Offences Against the Person Act. She was brought to Coolock station where she was charged the following night.

The court has heard she made no reply to the charge.

A psychiatric evaluation of the woman had been directed by the court following a request from the defence last Friday.

At their first hearing last week, McDonnell told the court the co-accused also made no reply when charged.

The reporting restriction order was made initially after the defence asked that their clients’ identities would not be reported, “given the sensitive nature of the charge”. There were other children involved and the woman had frequent access to them, the court was told.

Man accused of rape and murder of OAP in her own home remanded

Man accused of rape and murder of OAP in her own home remanded Dorothy Woolmer, 89, was found dead in a bedroom at her home in Tottenham, north London, on Sunday morning.

Unfortunately, accusations like child abuse happen quite often. Particularly in high-conflict custody battles, tempers can escalate quickly and both parties are bound to feel the strain. Typically, a judge may suspend the accused parent’s right to visitation and/or custody pending an investigation.

The 59- year - old former Army officer had needed emergency surgery and doctors gave him ‘a slim chance’ of survival, according to reports. Three years after Hewitt and Diana met – in a now iconic image at the height of their affair – she was pictured presenting the Life Guards officer with a polo

The court was also told that the woman had “no experience of the Irish criminal justice system or any criminal justice system”.

MORE NEWS:

The mystery of Nora's final hours (Independent.ie)

Guards 'falsified' Epstein records (The New York Times)

Tributes paid to tragic toddler (Irish Mirror)

Radiation 'normal' after blast in Russia (BBC News)

Teenager accused of throwing French boy from London gallery to stand trial next year.
Teenager accused of throwing French boy from London gallery to stand trial next year

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 2
This is interesting!