Ireland: UFC's star McGregor has three weeks to decide on plea in pub assault court case - - PressFrom - United Kingdom
  •   
  •   

Ireland UFC's star McGregor has three weeks to decide on plea in pub assault court case

13:35  12 october  2019
13:35  12 october  2019 Source:   independent.ie

Revealed: Knifeman, 25, accused of stabbing police officers in a shocking petrol station brawl is violin prodigy son of Greens councillor

  Revealed: Knifeman, 25, accused of stabbing police officers in a shocking petrol station brawl is violin prodigy son of Greens councillor A man who allegedly tried to stab two police officers in a shocking incident of road rage has been revealed as the violin prodigy son of a Greens councillor. Oliver Scales-Copeland, 25, faced the Newcastle Magistrates Court on Monday charged with two counts of wounding with intent to resist arrest, destroying property and common assault over the incident on Sunday. His father is George Copeland, a Greens councillor on Waverley Council in Sydney’s east.It is alleged one officer was stabbed five times in the leg and the other through his hand as they attempted to detain Mr Scales-Copeland at a Toronto service station.

Former UFC champion appears in court over alleged assault . McGregor has not fought since losing belt a year ago this week . Mixed martial arts fighter Conor McGregor appeared in court on Friday over an alleged assault on a man in a Dublin pub in April. The 31-year-old Irish fighter stood at the

The judge overseeing the case ruled that the UFC star has three weeks to decide to take the guilty plea . He will return to court on Nov. "I was in the wrong," McGregor said. "That man deserved to enjoy his time in the pub without having it end the way it did. I tried to make amends and I made

Conor McGregor wearing a suit and tie: Allegation: Conor McGregor arriving at court in Dublin yesterday. Photo: Steve Humphreys Allegation: Conor McGregor arriving at court in Dublin yesterday. Photo: Steve Humphreys

Former UFC champion Conor McGregor has three weeks to decide on a plea after being accused of assaulting a man in a Dublin pub.

The mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter came before Dublin District Court to face an allegation that he punched a man in his 50s in a bar in the south west of the city.

Mr McGregor (31), originally from Dublin but with an address at Ladycastle, Straffan, Co Kildare, is accused of assaulting Desmond Keogh.

The offence is alleged to have happened at the Marble Arch pub, Benbulbin Road, Drimnagh, on April 6, 2019.

Pensioner (80s) sent for trial on sexual assault charges

  Pensioner (80s) sent for trial on sexual assault charges Pensioner (80s) sent for trial on sexual assault charges .The offences allegedly occurred in Dublin over a 12-month period beteween 2012 and 2013.The accused cannot be named for legal reasons.The man, who is in his early eighties, was charged with sexual assault of a female at an unknown location on dates between November 2012 and 1 January, 2013; from July until September 2012; between March and May 2013; and from September until November 2012.

UFC superstar Conor McGregor will appear in court in the Irish capital next week to face charges related to an incident in a Dublin pub earlier this McGregor is said to be facing an assault charge under Section Two of the Non-Fatal Offences Against the Person Act. This comes after video footage

THE UFC star , 31, is alleged to have attacked the man at the Marble Arch pub in Drimnagh, Dublin, on April 6. McGregor is facing a single assault charge which carries a fine of €1,500 or a maximum The case was adjourned to November 1 for a plea in the matter, with McGregor remanded on bail.

Mr McGregor arrived at the Criminal Courts of Justice yesterday morning in a black BMW with blacked-out rear windows.

He was flanked by two minders as he made his way inside, past a throng of journalists and photographers.

Defence solicitor Michael Staines said there was consent to the case being adjourned for disclosure of prosecution documents to the defence.

Garda Jason O'Carroll told Judge Keane disclosure would include CCTV footage. Judge Keane adjourned the case to November 1.

The alleged offence is under Section 2 of the Non Fatal Offences Against the Person Act, and carries a maximum prison term of six months on conviction, or a fine, or both.

Hero man and woman rushed to hospital after confronting suspected car thieves in Balbriggan

  Hero man and woman rushed to hospital after confronting suspected car thieves in Balbriggan Hero man and woman rushed to hospital after confronting suspected car thieves in BalbrigganThe shocking incident took place in the Clonard Court area of the north Dublin village at around 9:40pm.

Conor McGregor just appeared in court in Ireland for his pub attack incident. The UFC superstar was decked out in a navy suit with a striped tie -- and didn't show any emotion on his face while he walked into Irish officials say Conor will have to request a trial date or enter a plea during the Nov.

A judge has given Conor McGregor three weeks to decide how he will plead to attacking a customer in a Dublin pub .The mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter allegedly hit Desmond Keogh, who is in Conor McGregor arrived at court , where he did not enter a plea , in a blacked-out BMWBRIAN LAWLESS/PA.

The allegation is of a simple assault not involving any injury, rather than the more serious charge of assault causing harm.

Video footage that appeared to show Mr McGregor punching a man in the face in the pub emerged in August.

Mr McGregor - nicknamed The Notorious - has come before the courts several times in recent years on a range of charges.

On July 26 last year, he escaped a criminal conviction in New York over a fracas at a UFC promo event at the Barclays Centre in Brooklyn.

Mr McGregor has previously been banned from driving for six months and fined for speeding in Irish courts.

In May this year, Mr McGregor had charges dropped over the alleged robbery of a fan's phone during an incident in Florida.

MORE NEWS:

'We don't want another child to suffer' - grieving family of Mia speak out against bullies (Independent.ie)

Two arrested after Dublin stabbing (Independent.ie)

Top secret Russian unit seeks to destabilize Europe, security officials say (The New York Times)

One person killed as typhoon hits Japan (AP)

'Depraved': Child rapist jailed for seven years .
'Depraved': Child rapist jailed for seven yearsAfter a trial at the Central Criminal Court Kenneth McDonald (54) from Wexford town was convicted last July of rape and indecent assault of his then girlfriend’s younger sister at locations in Co Wexford on dates between January 1987 and November 1994.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 1
This is interesting!