Car and Luas involved in New Year's Day collision in city centre
Firefighters from two stations attended the scene of the incident and traffic around the area was briefly disrupted as they worked to clear the collisin.Dublin Fire Brigade said: "New Years Day..... we were called to a tram vs car collision near Capel St, traffic & Luas services were temporarily disrupted but restored quickly."Firefighters from Phibsborough and Tara St attended the scene."For the latest news and breaking news visit dublinlive.ie/news. Get all the big headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.
The Dublin Fire Brigade (DFB; Irish: Briogáid Dóiteáin Átha Cliath ) is the local authority fire and rescue service for Dublin City and the majority of the Greater Dublin Area.
Dublin Fire Brigade have issued a warning about household items that could be a fire hazard . Mirrors, crystals and glasses left on windowsills have the potential to start fires along with cans of deodorant and hairspray, which can explode under heat pressure.
Dublin Fire Brigade has warned of how common household items can be major hazards.
The emergency service shared pictures of how a bedroom was destroyed following a fire that was thought to have been started by an unattended candle.
The images show charred bedding as well as major fire damage to the wall and the parts of the bed.
A spokesman said: “Firefighters fought a bedroom fire earlier this week which is thought to have started by an unattended candle.
"The smoke alarm alerted the occupiers to the fire which evacuated to safety. Lessons to be learned? Never leave a candle unattended. Have a working smoke alarm.”
Firefighters rush to scene as Audi goes up in flames on top of garage in Finglas, North Dublin
The incident happened at a garage in Finglas near the M50 earlier today. © Dublin Fire Brigade @DubFireBrigade Twitter Firefighters rush to scene as Audi goes up in flames on top of garage in Finglas, North Dublin The fire has since been put out but many people saw the smoke bellowing out over the motorway, Dublin Live reports.A number of other cars were also damaged during the incident.
Dublin Fire Brigade has taken to Twitter to warn the public about the fire hazards posed by mirrors, glasses and aerosol cans. The DFB has warned that mirrors, crystals and glasses left on windowsills can cause fires . Cans of deoderant and hairspray can also explode under the pressure of heat.
So, the Dublin Fire Brigade have sent out an important reminder for families. Using the toaster can seem like a simple, everyday task but if not used Metal with anything electric can be a deadly combination. So next time your toast is stuck in the bottom, use plastic ware or a wooden chopstick to
People have been warned to keep their toasters clean and clear out the crumb tray regularly.
Householders have been urged to make sure they have working smoke detectors throughout the house.
DFB added: “Rathfarnham firefighters were called to a kitchen fire after reports of smoke being visible. On arrival, a faulty toaster was found to be the cause…
“Smoke alarms alert you to danger. Keep your toaster clean, particularly the crumb tray. Beware of toasting oily foods.”
Brother of notorious criminal George "the Penguin" Mitchell dies aged 73 .
Paddy Mitchell was jailed for two years in April, 2003 for failing to make tax returns worth over €1million . Gallery: The most ingenious criminal masterminds in history (StarsInsider) Mitchell, with an address of Benbulbin Road, Drimnagh, had pleaded guilty at Dublin Circuit Court to three counts of failing to make tax returns. The judge at the time said he had acquired 13 Dublin properties after 1980 under fake names and under names of his associates. After renting these out, he failed to make tax returns for the years 2000, 2001 and 2002.