Ireland Gardai say video on social media is not footage of Irish teen Keane Mulready-Woods' murder
Teen brutally butchered by Narco-style killers named as Drogheda native Keane Mulready-Woods
Gardai have outlined two main suspects in the shocking case, both of whom have links to feuds in Coolock and Drogheda .One of the men has recently been released from prison while the other escaped a hit attempt just hours before the gruesome discovery was made in Dublin.The suspect escaped by the skin of his teeth on Monday when the taxi he was travelling in was shot at in an apparent retaliation in Drogheda.An innocent driver was rushed to hospital after the shooting and suffered non life-threatening injuries.
A video circulating on social media is not footage of Irish teen Keane Mulready-Woods' murder, gardai say.
Chief Superintendent Christy Mangan said that Keane's family were distressed by the pictures and video and asked people not to share it online.
He added that it wasn't helping the investigation, is disrespectful to the victim and is scaring other people including other witnesses,RTE reports.
Greiving relatives pay emotional tributes to Louth boy Keane Mulready-Woods who was brutally murdered
Gardai have confirmed that human remains found in two Dublin locations this week belong to missing Drogheda teen Keane Mulready-Woods .A frantic search for the teenage boy was under way since Sunday night after he was reported missing from his home in Co Louth.Body parts were discovered in a sports bag at Moatview Drive, Coolock on Monday night.And more remains were found in a burning car on Trinity Terrace, Drumcondra on Wednesday morning.
Fake reports on social media are hindering the garda probe according to the top cop.
Tragic Irish teen Keane was last seen at Dominic's Bridge in Drogheda at 6pm last Sunday.
He didn't answer his phone or reply to messages after that.
Chief Supt Mangan added that anybody taking cocaine contributes to Keane's death through the criminal network and drug economy.
He said: "Just look at the fallout from you buying drugs, it's damaging our children and society."
It was confirmed last night that the human remains found in Dublin are those of the teen, who went missing from his home town of Drogheda, County Louth.
Homeless woman, 20s, found dead in city centre accommodation
A file will be prepared for the Coroner's Court.Gardai confirmed a file will be prepared for the Coroner's Court. A spokesman said: “Gardaí were called to the scene of a sudden death of a female in her late 20s that occurred at approximately 5pm at Parkgate Street, Dublin 8 on Wednesday, January 15th. A file will be prepared for the Coroner’s Court”. The DRHE sent their condolences to the woman's family and friends.
It is believed Keane was abducted and taken to a house in the town where he was murdered and his body dismembered.
Yesterday an intensive forensic examination was carried out at a house in the Rathmullen Park area of the town where it is believed the teen was brought before he met his savage death.
Senior detectives at Drogheda Garda station last night confirmed the remains discovered on a road in Coolock, Dublin, on Monday night are those of the teenager who has an address at Beechwood Drive in Drogheda.
Gardai also said the murder is related to the ongoing feud between two Drogheda criminal gangs which has so far claimed three lives.
Investigators have no explanation as to why the teen’s body was cut up and left at different locations.
'Gutted' Rapper Bugzy Malone pays tribute to murdered Drogheda teen Keane Mulready-Woods
Malone, whose real name is Aaron Davis, sent a message out to the youngster's family and friends and thanked Keane for supporting his career . © Provided by Dublin Live Bugzy Malone with Keane He said: "I've just had some bad news that one of my young fans has passed away. Keane Mulready-Woods. I just want to send my regards out to his family and friends."Gutted. I hope the family is OK. Rest in peace."He then posted a pic with the caption "thank you for your support you helped change my life young Keane".Distraught family are still trying to get to grips with the brutal crime .
Deputy Garda Commissioner, John Twomey said the force is determined to bring those behind “this shocking crime” to justice.
He added: “The level of violence is shocking.
“This is a brutal and savage attack on a child and is completely unacceptable in any normal democratic society.
“It is important to remember that Keane was a child, a young boy, trying to find his way in life, he has now lost his life and his family.”
Gardai tonight appealed for the public not to share any of these images should they come across them.
A spokesman said: "Gardaí investigating the murder of Keane Mulready-Woods are investigating reports of images and videos circulating on social messaging apps.
"These images are unverified at this time.
"They are distressing to Keane’s family and if verified are disrespectful images of the deceased and provide false support to the perpetrators of this brutal crime.
"Gardaí are asking people not to share this material."
A deadly darkness: Keane Mulready-Wood's last call home
The final phone call of the child who was brutally murdered in the Drogheda feud was to his mother, to say he would be home later and asking her to leave money out for a taxi. The call marked Keane Mulready-Wood's final contact with his family before the 17-year-old was abducted, murdered and his body dismembered and dumped on a housing estate, as a warning from one crime gang to another.Keane, who was sucked in aged 14 as a runner for one of two feuding drugs gangs, was under a curfew to be home before dark and had been observing the rules, according to a local parish priest, Fr Phil Gaffney, from the Holy Family Church.
Appealing to the public for information on Keane's death, Commissioner Twomey said the victim was was wearing a navy Hugo Boss tracksuit, black Hugo Boss runners (brown sole, black laces), red/orange Canada Goose jacket and a Gucci baseball cap.
Gardai are still searching for his clothes and the Irish Mirror understands they were hunting for them in Drogheda yesterday.
Incident rooms have been established at Drogheda, Coolock and Mountjoy Garda station with the investigation being coordinated from the Co Louth city.
A family liaison officer remains in close contact with Keane’s family.
Gardai have appealed to the public for information from anyone who has knowledge of the teen’s movements from when he was last seen at 6pm in the vicinity of Dominic’s Bridge Drogheda on Sunday.
Anyone with information as to the origin of such material is asked to contact Gardaí at Drogheda Garda Station on 041 9874200, the Garda Confidential Line 1800 666 111, Crime Stoppers 1800 250 025 or any Garda station.
Father Phil Gaffney, Parish Priest at Holy Family Church Ballsgrove, said: “No family or community should have to deal with the suffering that has been inflicted by this barbaric killing.
Gardaí watch airport in hunt for suspect in Keane Mulready-Woods murder
A manhunt is under way for a major Drogheda feud criminal, who is also a main suspect for the gruesome murder of Keane Mulready-Woods (17), after a warrant was issued for his arrest. In a special bulletin, officers have been warned the thug is "dangerous" and armed gardaí are required to deal with him. The arrest warrant - issued on Thursday of last week - is not linked to last week's savage abduction, murder and dismemberment of the Drogheda teenager.
”We called up the family on Wednesday and at the time, they were just awaiting confirmation that it was Keane and their worst fears were realised a short time later.
”He was two weeks short of his 18th birthday and they were looking forward to celebrating with him.
“It’s unacceptable in any civilized society that anyone receives this kind of death.
“The Gardai were working closely with the family and keeping them updated, they were very supportive and helpful throughout the whole process.
“Absolutely, for the last two years now unfortunately violence and fear is a reality here in Drogheda.
“Ruthless criminals are grooming young teenagers and exploiting them for their own benefit and expanding their own wealth.
“We need all the resources that we can get to invest in eliminating the scourge of drug abuse and crime that is part and parcel of our community for the last two years.
“We’d appeal to the government and different parties to deal with this in our community.”
“They come from all social backgrounds because unfortunately, a vulnerable teenager is led into it with lots of money.
“It’s an everyday worry for parents that their children will be drawn in to it through friends or social media.”
And Catholic Church leader has offered to mediate between the two feuding criminal gangs in Drogheda to stop the violence between them.
Bishop Michael Router, the Auxilliary Bishop of Armagh, who lives in Co Louth, said the those that view people as expendable must be defeated.
Body of missing woman Kathleen Lawlor found in River Barrow, Co Carlow
The tragic discovery happened during searches in the water58-year-old Kathleen Lawlor had been missing from her home in Bennekerry, Co Carlow since Tuesday morning, January 21.
He appealed to the families of the gang members and leaders, the wives, mothers, partners and adult children to help settle the feud before more lives are lost.
He said: “The murder of Keane has taken violence to such a point that enough is enough.
“The gangs are grooming children and society needs to take back control so that vulnerable children can be cherished not exploited.
“There are people with“blood on their hands and we all have a responsibility to assist the gardaí to apprehend not just the perpetrators of this evil, but also the gang leaders who orchestrated it.”
Forty people with links to Drogheda feud gang 'gone to ground' .
Up to 40 of the main protagonists in the deadly Drogheda feud, including women and children, have "gone to ground" in recent days fearing that they will be shot or arrested. The development comes as it has emerged that a high-level meeting involving senior officers from many of the Garda's specialist units took place on Monday and a "strategy" for tackling the feuding gangs "head-on" was discussed.