•   
  •   

US NewsRobot Accidentally Hospitalises 24 Amazon Workers After It Sprays Them With Bear Repellent

16:30  06 december  2018
16:30  06 december  2018 Source:   huffingtonpost.co.uk

Fury as jailed rapist who fathered a child with his 15-year-old grooming-gang victim is invited by social workers to be involved in the boy’s upbringing – leaving the girl ‘angry and scared’

Fury as jailed rapist who fathered a child with his 15-year-old grooming-gang victim is invited by social workers to be involved in the boy’s upbringing – leaving the girl ‘angry and scared’ In the 'perverse' decision by the unnamed local authority, staff approached the jailed sex attacker and offered him help to be involved in his son's upbringing. 

Fumes from a punctured aerosol can of bear repellent sickened dozens of workers at an Amazon .com Inc. warehouse in Robbinsville, N.J., sending 24 to the hospital, officials said. Fumes were sprayed in a New Jersey facility after an aerosol can of bear repellent was punctured.

Bear repellent accidentally discharges in Amazon warehouse, sickening dozens of workers . About 80 workers reported trouble breathing Wednesday morning after a 9 oz. can of bear repellent was Nalbone said 24 of the workers were transported to hospitals in the area, one of whom was listed in

Robot Accidentally Hospitalises 24 Amazon Workers After It Sprays Them With Bear Repellent © Getty Inside an Amazon warehouse (file photo) A special message from MSN:

While Christmas is a time of joy for most of us, that's not the case for the UK's most vulnerable children and young people. We've partnered with giving platform Benevity to raise funds for two charities - the NSPCC and The Children's Society – to try to help change that. You can help make a difference - please donate now.

A robot hospitalised 24 Amazon workers after it accidentally tore a can of bear repellent spray in a warehouse in New Jersey on Wednesday, officials said.

Robot Accidentally Hospitalises 24 Amazon Workers After It Sprays Them With Bear Repellent © Bloomberg via Getty Images The workers were treated at five different hospitals in Robbinsville, New Jersey. One remains in a critical condition and an additional 30 workers were treated at the scene, according to ABC News.

New Mom on Maternity Leave and Her 10-Month-Old Baby Daughter Mauled to Death by a Grizzly Bear

New Mom on Maternity Leave and Her 10-Month-Old Baby Daughter Mauled to Death by a Grizzly Bear Teacher and Her 10-Month-Old Baby Mauled to Death by Bear

Repellent should be applied outdoors and before clothing is worn; after it ’s treated, hang clothing and let dry Sawyer Premium Permethrin is available in trigger spray bottles and as an aerosol spray . I hung them off a tree branch while applying the spray . This allowed me to walk around and really hit

Employees at an Amazon warehouse in New Jersey were taken to the hospital on Wednesday morning after they experienced trouble breathing and burning in their throats and eyes. The Robbinsville Fire Department shared on Twitter that first responders were at the Amazon warehouse on New Canton

Bear repellent is made with capsaicin, which is also present in pepper spray.  When it comes into contact with humans it can lead to difficulties breathing and cause severe pain, especially if it gets in the eyes or mouth.

The warehouse, which is approximately 1.3 million square feet, was given the all clear by Wednesday evening.

Robbinsville Township Public Information Officer John Nalbone said the official investigation had found “an automated machine accidentally punctured a 9-ounce bear repellent can, releasing concentrated capsaicin.”

Watch: Amazon's fleet of automated warehouse robots (Independent)

According to Nalbone, there was no threat to residents in the area and the fumes were confined to the fulfilment centre’s third floor south wing.

Irish workers could get access to thousands of US visas as bill passes House of Representatives

Irish workers could get access to thousands of US visas as bill passes House of Representatives It now needs to pass through the Senate to make over 10,000 US visas available to Irish citizens.

Employees at Amazon have complained in the past about working conditions at the company. Workers at a facility in Minnesota said earlier this year that they experienced exhaustion and dehydration with doing their jobs without the benefit of air conditioning. Some Muslim employees who

He told The Sun newspaper that workers are so afraid to take a restroom break that they peed into bottles to stay on quota. The job turnover rate at Amazon is high due to the strict rules that workers must meet production quotas daily. And they better unionize fast before being replaced by robots .

A spokeswoman for Amazon told ABC News: “Today at our Robbinsville fulfilment centre, a damaged aerosol can dispensed strong fumes in a contained area of the facility. The safety of our employees is our top priority, and as such, all employees in that area have been relocated to safe place and employees experiencing symptoms are being treated onsite.

“As a precaution, some employees have been transported to local hospitals for evaluation and treatment.

“All of the impacted employees have been or are expected to be released from hospital within the next 24 hours.”

Amazon employees are not unionised, but the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union issued a statement highlighting the danger that robots can pose to human workers.

Union president Stuart Appelbaum said in a statement: “Amazon’s automated robots put humans in life-threatening danger today, the effects of which could be catastrophic and the long-term effects for 80 plus workers are unknown.”

“The richest company in the world cannot continue to be let off the hook for putting hard working people’s lives at risk.

“Our union will not back down until Amazon is held accountable for these and so many more dangerous labour practices.”


A human heart accidentally left on a Southwest flight forced pilots to turn around.
A Southwest Airlines flight from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport to Dallas was diverted on Sunday, after officials discovered the aeroplane was accidentally transporting a human heart. The heart was supposed to have been unloaded in Seattle and "delivered to a local hospital," according to a company statement. After crewmembers on the flight alerted passengers of the development, people became receptive to the diversion and were "happy to save a life," one passenger said to The Seattle Times.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
This is interesting!