US News: Harry Dunn's family to sue Trump administration for 'lawless misconduct' - - PressFrom - United Kingdom
  •   
  •   

US News Harry Dunn's family to sue Trump administration for 'lawless misconduct'

15:20  29 october  2019
15:20  29 october  2019 Source:   news.sky.com

Donald Trump claims Barack Obama tried to call Kim Jong Un ELEVEN times but North Korean dictator had a 'lack of respect' and wouldn't answer - as Obama-era national security spokesman says it 'never' happened

  Donald Trump claims Barack Obama tried to call Kim Jong Un ELEVEN times but North Korean dictator had a 'lack of respect' and wouldn't answer - as Obama-era national security spokesman says it 'never' happened Trump claimed in June that the Obama administration had been 'begging' Kim for direct contact. Former national security adviser Susan Rice at the time called the claim 'horse-sh*t.''I like him, he likes me. We get along. I respect him, he respects me,' the president said of the despot who he has met in person three times.

New York plans to sue the Trump administration for separating immigrant children from their parents at the US border. Governor Andrew Cuomo said at least 70 children were being held in federal facilities across New York State. NY1 local television crews filmed a small group of Spanish-speaking young

New York intends to file a lawsuit against the Trump administration over family separations at the border, Gov. The governor' s office is aware of more than 70 immigrant children in federal shelters in New York, and the state would sue "to protect the health and well-being of children" held in New York

a man wearing glasses and smiling at the camera: Harry Dunn was killed while riding his Kawasaki motorbike in August © Other Harry Dunn was killed while riding his Kawasaki motorbike in August Harry Dunn's family are suing the Trump administration for "lawless misconduct" and starting legal action against Anne Sacoolas - the driver involved in the crash that killed the teenager.

The 19-year-old died after being knocked off his motorbike near RAF Croughton, a US spy base, on 27 August.

Mrs Sacoolas is believed to have been driving on the wrong side of the road and returned to America soon after the incident.

She was granted immunity from prosecution because her husband is a US diplomat.

a person posing for the camera: Harry's mother (left) rejected the apology by Anne Sacoolas (right) © Sky Harry's mother (left) rejected the apology by Anne Sacoolas (right) Harry's family have been fighting a high-profile campaign to get Mrs Sacoolas to return to the UK to answer questions.

Pompeo: Trump 'fully prepared' to use military force if necessary

  Pompeo: Trump 'fully prepared' to use military force if necessary President Trump "is fully prepared" to use military force should it be "needed," Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Monday when asked about Turkey's invasion of Syria.CNBC's Wilfred Frost in an interview with Pompeo addressed the recent U.S.-brokered cease-fire in Syria that Ankara had agreed to last week. The journalist asked Pompeo what might warrant a military response.

Harry Dunn ' s parents say they will only meet US wife accused of killing the 19-year-old in a crash IF she promises to surrender and return to Britain. A coalition of 16 U.S. states led by California sued President Donald Trump 's administration on Monday over his decision to declare a national

New York intends to file a lawsuit against the Trump administration over family separations at the border, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Tuesday.

They met President Donald Trump at the White House earlier this month - Mrs Sacoolas was in the building but they turned down an unexpected last-minute offer to meet her.

The family have already started a case against the UK Foreign Office over the decision to grant her immunity.

Spokesman for the Dunns, Radd Seiger, said their legal fight is now moving to the next level and will be a "memorial" to Harry.

"We are bringing claims against both Mrs Sacoolas in the USA for civil damages as well as the Trump administration for their lawless misconduct and attempt to cover that up," said a statement.

Watch: Harry Dunn's mother talks about meeting with Trump (Sky)


Harry Dunn's family to launch legal action against Foreign Office

  Harry Dunn's family to launch legal action against Foreign Office Harry Dunn's family has told Sky News they will take legal action against the Foreign Office over the way the government handled the death of their son. The teenager's parents, Charlotte Charles and Tim Dunn, have instructed a top-level legal team to seek a judicial review into the way his case was dealt with.Human rights barrister Geoffrey Robertson, who has defended boxer Mike Tyson and former Brazilian president Lula da Silva, will be on the team.Mrs Charles and Mr Dunn have also condemned Northamptonshire Police's decision to send officers to the United States to interview Anne Sacoolas.

New York intends to file a lawsuit against the Trump administration over family separations at the border, Gov. The governor' s office is aware of more than 70 immigrant children in federal shelters in New York, and the state would sue "to protect the health and well-being of children" held in New York

Trump is sued by 17 Democratic states who demand IMMEDIATE action to reunite separated families of illegal border-jumpers. Democratic attorneys general from states including Washington, New York and California launch joint lawsuit in federal court in Seattle, WA. They demand immediate action to

"No one is above the law and the family are determined to ensure that this never happens to another family again.

"It will be Harry's memorial. His legacy."

Mr Seiger said the US government had tried to "twist and contort the laws on diplomatic immunity" and called the White House attempt to get the family and Mrs Sacoolas in the same room a "disgusting stunt".

Shortly after their meeting with Mr Trump, Harry's parents praised the president's apparent sincerity but their anger was clear in today's statement.

"The Trump administration is not only hell bent on breaking international laws, rules and conventions on diplomatic immunity, but they have no care or concern for the welfare of Harry's family or any real intent on finding a solution," said their spokesman.

He added: "President Trump told mum Charlotte at the meeting that we would look to approach the problem from a different angle, but the family have heard no further and have no faith in his words."

British police confirmed last week that they would interview Mrs Sacoolas under caution in the US after she requested to be interviewed there by Northamptonshire Police.

They say she had "cooperated fully" and had spoken to them at the scene after the crash and the next day at her home.

Mrs Sacoolas previously said through her lawyer that she was "devastated by this tragic accident" but Harry's mother, Charlotte Charles, rejected the apology, saying "sorry doesn't cut it".

UPDATE 2-Trump administration notifies U.N. of planned Paris climate accord exit .
USA-CLIMATE /PARIS (UPDATE 2, PIX):UPDATE 2-Trump administration notifies U.N. of planned Paris climate accord exit WASHINGTON, Nov 4 (Reuters) - The Trump administration has formally notified the United Nations that it will withdraw the United States from the Paris Agreement, the first formal step in a one-year process to exit the global pact to fight climate change, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo confirmed on Monday.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 6
This is interesting!