•   
  •   

US News Technology awards ceremony backed by UKFast called off after sexual assault allegations made against firm's founder Lawrence Jones

03:25  03 november  2019
03:25  03 november  2019 Source:   thisismoney.co.uk

Rose McGowan files federal lawsuit against Harvey Weinstein, Lisa Bloom

  Rose McGowan files federal lawsuit against Harvey Weinstein, Lisa Bloom Actress Rose McGowan on Wednesday filed a lawsuit against disgraced Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein and his legal and security teams , alleging their efforts to suppress sexual assault and harassment allegations against him violated the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO Act). © Getty Images Rose McGowan files federal lawsuit against Harvey Weinstein, Lisa Bloom In the lawsuit, filed in U.S.

Technology awards ceremony backed by UKFast called off after sexual assault allegations made against firm ' s founder Lawrence Jones . Britain's biggest banks being forced to write off more loans than they were a year ago amid signs economy is weakening.

Technology awards ceremony backed by UKFast called off after sexual assault allegations made against firm ' s founder Lawrence Jones . Britain's biggest banks being forced to write off more loans than they were a year ago amid signs economy is weakening.

Hacker using creative dark digital interface in blurry server room. Cloud computing and data concept. Multiexposure Hacker using creative dark digital interface in blurry server room. Cloud computing and data concept. Multiexposure

A technology awards ceremony backed by UKFast has been called off after sexual assault allegations were made against the firm’s founder Lawrence Jones.

The Digital Entrepreneur Awards are an annual bash held in association with the Manchester-based IT firm, which is the main sponsor.

The awards were due to take place in Manchester on November 21, with fashion site Boohoo among the nominees.

Lawrence Jones et al. posing for a picture: Controversy: UKFast founder Lawrence Jones, with his wife Gail © Provided by Associated Newspapers Limited Controversy: UKFast founder Lawrence Jones, with his wife Gail

However, The Mail on Sunday can reveal that nominees were told on Friday that the awards ceremony had been cancelled following the allegations, which prompted Jones – whose family wealth is estimated at £700 million – to step down last week. His wife Gail has taken over from him at UKFast, a cloud computing company which helps businesses store data online.

Trump records 'strongly corroborate' sex assault claims, accuser says

  Trump records 'strongly corroborate' sex assault claims, accuser says President Trump’s own records "strongly corroborate" the sexual assault accusations of Summer Zervos and belie the president’s denials, a new court filing statesZervos has alleged Trump "repeatedly touched her, groped her, and kissed her" on multiple occasions in late 2007 and early 2008, but he has denied it and called her a liar.

Technology awards ceremony backed by UKFast called off after sexual assault allegations made against firm ' s founder Lawrence Jones . Britain's biggest banks being forced to write off more loans than they were a year ago amid signs economy is weakening.

Technology awards ceremony backed by UKFast called off after sexual assault allegations made against firm ' s founder Lawrence Jones . Britain's biggest banks being forced to write off more loans than they were a year ago amid signs economy is weakening.

Police are investigating two alleged sexual assaults by Jones, 51, who strenuously denies the allegations.

The awards have been running for 15 years, but were branded ‘sexist’ in 2017 for having burlesque dancers.

Last night a spokesman confirmed the event has been ‘postponed’, but declined to comment further.

MSN UK is committed to Empowering the Planet and taking urgent action to protect our environment. We’re supporting Friends of the Earth to help solve the climate crisis, please give generously here or find out more about our campaign here.

Man and woman charged with over 200 offences against five children at Killarney court .
The garda investigation took place over three years.The garda investigation had taken place over three years and involved a number of locations and the matters alleged were “very serious” and the alleged harm “grave”, the District Court sitting was told during a hearing that took almost an hour. Strict reporting restrictions have been imposed so as not to identify any of the parties.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 3
This is interesting!