US News: Alleged Epstein victim calls on Prince Andrew to speak to US law officials - - PressFrom - United Kingdom
  •   
  •   

US News Alleged Epstein victim calls on Prince Andrew to speak to US law officials

23:05  18 november  2019
23:05  18 november  2019 Source:   news.sky.com

Irish Naval Service detains Spanish boat off Valentia Island for alleged fishing law breaches

  Irish Naval Service detains Spanish boat off Valentia Island for alleged fishing law breaches It’s the 12th such vessel detained by the Naval Service so far this year. A Defence Forces statement added that it conducts at sea fishery inspections in line with agreements with the Sea Fishery Protection Authority. MORE NEWS: Fine Gael braces for Bailey backlash (Independent.

Prince Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein . Anthony Devlin-WPA Pool/Getty Images, Rick Britain's Prince Andrew said in comments broadcast on Friday that he had no recollection of ever meeting an "It is so rare to meet people that are able to speak from their hearts with honesty+pure real truth, that remain

Not once did Prince Andrew ’s thoughts turn to the sex trafficking victims who found themselves Even the mistake of visiting Epstein was down to an excess of virtue. The desire to speak directly to When questioned about Virginia Giuffre, who alleges that she was forced to have sex with Prince

a person in a white shirt: The unidentified woman known as Jane Doe 15 says she was one of Jeffrey Epstein's alleged victims © PA The unidentified woman known as Jane Doe 15 says she was one of Jeffrey Epstein's alleged victims A woman who claims to have been trafficked and abused by billionaire sex offender Jeffrey Epstein has called on Prince Andrew to speak to US law officials.

She did not make allegations against Prince Andrew directly, but said the duke and "any others who are close to Epstein should come forward and give a statement under oath on what information they have".

The unnamed woman spoke at a press conference in Los Angeles alongside lawyer Gloria Allred, who represents a number of alleged victims of the disgraced billionaire.

Duke of York 'lacking in compassion' for Epstein's victims

  Duke of York 'lacking in compassion' for Epstein's victims The Duke of York is "utterly lacking in compassion" for the victims of billionaire paedophile Jeffrey Epstein. Those are the words from a lawyer acting for five of those victims a day after Prince Andrew spoke publicly for the first time about allegations surrounding his friendship with the disgraced American.The Duke of York was interviewed on the BBC's Newsnight about his links to the convicted paedophile, who died in prison earlier this year, and allegations that he had sex with a 17-year-old girl.

Lawyers for Epstein ’s victims say they were ‘almost completely ignored’ in interview.

US lawyer Spencer Kulvin, who represents a woman who claims she was a victim of Epstein , told Radio 4’s Today programme Andrew should come forward to help the ongoing investigation into the disgraced American financier. Mr Kulvin said: “As a lawyer I was rather shocked that he would go on

Prince Andrew interview was a 'disaster' (Sky News)

Ms Allred said of Andrew: "Given that he appears to deny what has been alleged against him, then I think he should make arrangements to speak to law enforcement as soon as possible."

She told reporters it "would help survivors" and that the duke "could set an example", adding: "This needs to be done without excuse, without delay."

Prince Andrew, Duke of York wearing a black hat: The Duke of York has been called upon to speak to US law officials © PA The Duke of York has been called upon to speak to US law officials

The press conference came after Andrew gave an interview with BBC Newsnight, during which he denied any knowledge of Epstein's crimes.

Lawyers urge Duke of York to speak to US police about Epstein case

  Lawyers urge Duke of York to speak to US police about Epstein case Andrew has been widely criticised over Saturday’s interview with Emily Maitlis.Andrew’s appearance on BBC’s Newsnight programme to deny allegations he had sex with an underage teenage girl and explain his friendship with the convicted sex offender, has drawn widespread condemnation but the duke is said to being standing by his decision to put his side of the story.

Prince Andrew : 'No indication' about Epstein Jump to media player The Prince says he had no knowledge at the time of the Epstein 's trafficking A lawyer who represents some of the women who say they were victims of Jeffrey Epstein has called for the Duke of York to speak to the FBI over

Prince Andrew has finally spoken publicly about his relationship with infamous pedophile Jeffrey Epstein as French police again call for witnesses to come forward. Meanwhile, one of Epstein 's closest associates Jean Luc Brunel, who stands accused of a role in a massive sex trafficking ring, is

The Duke of York also addressed pictures taken of the pair two years after the American was jailed for two charges of procuring underage girls in Florida.

Andrew said he now believes it was "definitely the wrong thing to do but at the time I felt it was the honourable and right thing to do", but failed to say that he regretted his friendship with Epstein, who died in prison earlier this year.

He also denied having sex with a 17-year-old girl at the home of Epstein in London in 2001.

Ms Allred said the unnamed woman - known under the pseudonym Jane Doe 15 - was filing a lawsuit against Epstein and hoped that speaking out would encourage others to come forward.

Jeffrey Epstein wearing glasses: Jeffrey Epstein appears in a photograph taken for the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services' sex offender registry © Reuters Jeffrey Epstein appears in a photograph taken for the New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services' sex offender registry

Jane Doe 15 told reporters that Epstein's "manipulation" of her began when she went to New York on a high school drama trip when she was 15-years-old.

Palace denies claim Prince Andrew used n-word in meeting

  Palace denies claim Prince Andrew used n-word in meeting Buckingham Palace has denied claims by a former Downing Street aide that Prince Andrew used the n-word during a meeting at Buckingham Palace. Sky News understands that the palace has written a legal letter to the Evening Standard over allegations made in the newspaper by columnist Rohan Silva, who was an adviser to former PM David Cameron.

The US lawyer acting for victims of the convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein has called for the Duke of The Duke of York , speaking for the first time about his links to Jeffrey Epstein in an interview with In a Newsnight interview being broadcast on Saturday evening Prince Andrew says he cannot

Prince Andrew has been criticised for his explosive Saturday night interview with BBC’s Newsnight with equality campaigners saying he was “too stupid to even pretend concern for Epstein 's victims ”. The television interview was seen as the royal’s attempt to draw a line under his controversial relationship

She said his assistant took a photo of her before inviting her to Epstein's ranch in the New Mexico desert, where he is alleged to have sexually abused her.

She continued: After this we had a long talk about my future goals. He said he wanted to give me money for college."

She added: "I had no idea how to respond to a billionaire who had just raped me. I was being asked to quantify in monetary terms what had been taken from me."

Jane Doe 15 said Epstein had a "great villainous power to make victims feel ashamed of their background" and that she had left his ranch "with a great deal of shame".

She ended her statement by echoing Ms Allred's call for Andrew to meet with the FBI and prosecutors.

The interview on Newsnight was the culmination of years of statements from Buckingham Palace, and was intended to dispel increasing scrutiny of the duke's relationship with Epstein.

a small child sitting on a table: Jane Doe 15 spoke at a press conference with lawyer Gloria Allred © Sky News Screen Grab Jane Doe 15 spoke at a press conference with lawyer Gloria Allred

Andrew was accused of "utterly lacking in compassion" for the victims of the disgraced billionaire, with several commentators expressing their shock about the nature of the interview.

What Jeffrey Epstein Offered Prince Andrew

  What Jeffrey Epstein Offered Prince Andrew An oblivious interview exposes the two-tier world in which Jeffrey Epstein flourished.Watch: I stayed at Epstein's house because I'm too honourable, Andrew says (Independent)

US lawyer Spencer Kulvin, who represents a woman who claims she was a victim of Epstein , told Radio 4’s Today programme Andrew should come forward to Speaking on Good Morning Britain, Gloria Allred, a lawyer representing other alleged victims in the Epstein case, said about Andrew : “I

Additionally, the Prince stated that he hadn’t been in contact with Epstein between 2006, when an arrest “[ Prince Andrew ] is entitled to deny allegations and defend himself. But where is his apology for Users are obliged to speak respectfully to the other participants in the discussion, readers and

Lisa Bloom, who represents five of Epstein's victims, told Sky News: "He seems utterly lacking in the compassion and the astonishment that the rest of the world has felt after hearing from Jeffrey Epstein's victims."

a man wearing a suit and tie sitting in a chair: The interview with BBC Newsnight has been widely criticised © PA The interview with BBC Newsnight has been widely criticised

Since the interview aired, Sky News has learned that KPMG is not renewing its sponsorship of Andrew's Pitch@Palace initiative.

The accountancy firm had been a founding partner of the duke's start-up mentorship scheme for entrepreneurs, but its sponsorship lapsed at the end of October and a decision was made not to take it on.

a close up of Prince Andrew, Duke of York wearing a suit and tie: Andrew has denied any knowledge of Epstein's crimes © Getty Andrew has denied any knowledge of Epstein's crimes

The company declined to comment.

Another partner of Pitch@Palace, AstraZeneca, said: "Our three year partnership with pitch@palace is due to expire at the end of this year and is currently being reviewed."

In another development, The Outward Bound Trust said it is reviewing Andrew's patronage of their charity at an additional board meeting this week.

Andrew has also been accused by a former Downing Street aide of having used the n-word during a meeting at Buckingham Palace.

Sky News understands that the palace has written a legal letter to the Evening Standard over allegations made in the newspaper by columnist Rohan Silva, who was an adviser to former prime minister David Cameron.

He said that the Duke of York used the racist word while talking with him about trade policy in 2012, when asked if he thought the government department responsible for trade "could be doing a better job".

Andrew was alleged to have said: "Well, if you'll pardon the expression, that really is the n***** in the woodpile".

The palace is understood to "strenuously deny that these words were ever used".

Pictured: Andrew and Queen out horse riding as charities' reviews continue .
The Queen and Prince Andrew have been out horse riding in the grounds of Windsor Castle estate - as organisations continue to consider their relationship with the duke. It is the second time he has been spotted out and about since his decision to step back from royal duties, following the widely criticised TV interview over his relationship with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.The duke was photographed leaving his house the Royal Lodge, in Windsor, Berkshire, on Thursday.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 4
This is interesting!