US News More groups cut ties with Duke of York
Duke of York 'lacking in compassion' for Epstein's victims
The Duke of York is "utterly lacking in compassion" for the victims of billionaire paedophile Jeffrey Epstein. Those are the words from a lawyer acting for five of those victims a day after Prince Andrew spoke publicly for the first time about allegations surrounding his friendship with the disgraced American.The Duke of York was interviewed on the BBC's Newsnight about his links to the convicted paedophile, who died in prison earlier this year, and allegations that he had sex with a 17-year-old girl.
The Duke of York’s reputation suffered another blow when two more organisations severed ties with him and a sponsor of his flagship business mentoring programme said his plans to continue leading it were “not tenable”.
But Andrew is rumoured to be soldiering on with his Pitch@Palace project for start-ups and tech entrepreneurs – amid speculation he will fly to the Middle East for an event this weekend.
The Outward Bound Trust – which Andrew has supported for decades – accepted his resignation as patron and Huddersfield University confirmed the duke would be relinquishing his role as its chancellor.
Lawyers urge Duke of York to speak to US police about Epstein case
Andrew has been widely criticised over Saturday’s interview with Emily Maitlis.Andrew’s appearance on BBC’s Newsnight programme to deny allegations he had sex with an underage teenage girl and explain his friendship with the convicted sex offender, has drawn widespread condemnation but the duke is said to being standing by his decision to put his side of the story.
An American lawyer for some of the victims of convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein called on the duke to honour his pledge to help with investigations into his former friend.
A statement by His Royal Highness The Duke of York KG.
— The Royal Family (@RoyalFamily)
His offer came in a dramatic statement on Wednesday evening when the duke quit his life as a working royal over his association with the disgraced US financier.
A source, speaking for a sponsor of Andrew’s Pitch@Palace, said his desire to carry on as normal would not work and if its “reputational” problems continued the backer would end its contract.
The duke was pictured leaving his Berkshire home Royal Lodge on Thursday morning and waved as he drove off, while that afternoon his former wife Sarah, Duchess of York was pictured laughing with a police officer as she was driven into Buckingham Palace.
Alleged Epstein victim calls on Prince Andrew to speak to US law officials
A woman who claims to have been trafficked and abused by billionaire sex offender Jeffrey Epstein has called on Prince Andrew to speak to US law officials. She did not make allegations against Prince Andrew directly, but said the duke and "any others who are close to Epstein should come forward and give a statement under oath on what information they have".The unnamed woman spoke at a press conference in Los Angeles alongside lawyer Gloria Allred, who represents a number of alleged victims of the disgraced billionaire.
According to reports Andrew will attend a Pitch event in Bahrain where he staged a similar showcase for up-and-coming businesses in the capital Manama in March.
The organisation’s website states the winners of October’s Pitch event in Abu Dhabi will be “invited to Pitch at Pitch@Palace GCC 2.0 in Bahrain in November”.
Speaking about the duke a Buckingham Palace spokeswoman told the PA news agency on Thursday: “He will continue to work on Pitch but will look at how to do that outside and entirely separate from the palace.”
Pitch will become a private initiative separate from the public work he has relinquished after the backlash following the television interview about his friendship with Epstein, widely viewed as a PR disaster.
But the source, close to a sponsor of Pitch, said: “To say you’re stepping back from public life but then carry on is not a tenable position by the palace, and I think the sponsor shares that view.
BT and universities cut ties with Andrew after Epstein interview
BT and three Australian universities have joined the list of organisations distancing themselves from Prince Andrew after his interview about his relationship with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. Telecoms giant BT was a corporate sponsor of the Inspiring Digital Enterprise Award (iDEA), which develops workplace skills. Prince Andrew is the patron and the award's website links to the duke's own site.BT told Sky News it was "reviewing" its relationship and may continue its work "in the event of a change in their patronage".
“We really want the programme to continue and succeed, because it’s a valuable programme, but if it’s going to continue to have reputational problems then we’ll have to walk away from our contract.”
It is thought the duke will not have any involvement with the dozens of charities, organisations and military units he is associated with.
One of his more prominent organisations, the Outward Bound Trust, issued a statement thanking him for his support over many years but saying it had accepted his resignation as patron.
It said: “The board of The Outward Bound Trust has today accepted the resignation as Patron of HRH The Duke of York following his announcement yesterday that he will be withdrawing from public duties for the foreseeable future.”
Andrew had become the Chair of the Board of Trustees in 1999 and in March succeeded the Duke of Edinburgh in becoming its patron.
In the aftermath of the Queen’s second son announcing he would step down from public duties for the “foreseeable future”, Huddersfield University confirmed the duke would be relinquishing his role as its chancellor.
Reviews of Pizza Express Duke of York says he visited suspended
TripAdvisor have suspended new reviews for the Pizza Express in Woking which Prince Andrew cited in his interview about his relationship with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. Speaking to BBC's Newsnight programme, the prince claimed he was in Pizza Express on a night he is accused of having sex with a 17-year-old girl.He said: "I was with the children and I'd taken [daughter Princess] Beatrice to a Pizza Express in Woking for a party at, I suppose, sort of 4pm or 5pm in the afternoon.
In a statement the university said: “Due to the circumstances and in discussion with the University, he has decided to step down immediately to allow the University to appoint a successor.”
Britain's royal line of succession [Photos]
1. Charles, Prince of Wales
2. William, Duke of Cambridge
3. Prince George of Cambridge
- Ad Microsoft
4. Princess Charlotte of Cambridge
5. Prince Louis of Cambridge
6. Harry, Duke of Sussex
7. Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor
8. Andrew, Duke of York
9. Princess Beatrice of York
- Ad Microsoft
10. Princess Eugenie of York
11. Edward, Earl of Wessex
12. James, Viscount Severn
13. Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor
14. Anne, the Princess Royal
15. Peter Phillips
- Ad Unlimited one-day delivery on millions of items
16. Savannah Phillips
17. Isla Phillips
18. Zara Tindall
Only one person has viewed sex killer Graham Dwyer’s south Dublin home .
Dwyer was jailed for life in 2015 for the murder of vulnerable Elaine O’Hara two years earlier .Her body was found in undergrowth in the Dublin Mountains.MORE NEWS: Trump signs bill in support of Hong Kong protesters angering China (The New York Times)Girls helped by Duke of York's charity mistreated, investigation reveals (The Telegraph) Minister for Sport refers final report of FAI to the gardaí (Independent.ie)Ex-rugby coach charged with 20 new counts of indecent assault against schoolboys (Independent.
Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five - The Message (Official Video)
Official video for "The Message" by Grandmaster Flash & Furious Five Ft Melle Mel Download The Message on iTunes - http://hyperurl.co/sgur7n Stream The ...
British Royal Marines | "Per Mare, Per Terram"
The Corps of Royal Marines (RM) is the United Kingdom's amphibious light infantry force, forming part of the Naval Service, along with the Royal Navy.