•   
  •   

US News Harvey Weinstein says he deserves more credit: 'I feel like the forgotten man'

10:12  16 december  2019
10:12  16 december  2019 Source:   usatoday.com

Thousands of homes and businesses without power following Storm Atiyah

  Thousands of homes and businesses without power following Storm Atiyah Thousands of homes and businesses without power following Storm Atiyah , it's understood.An estimated 12,000 homes and businesses had no electricity on Sunday night, while it's believed 27,000 ESB customers were affected during the height of the storm.ESB Networks said crews are working to restore faults as quickly as possible.The company was working on faults in Ratoath, Co Meath and in parts of Co Westmeath on Monday morning.There are more than 330 properties without electricity in Bushfield, Co Westmeath.

But Harvey Weinstein is lamenting his accomplishments, which he says have been washed away by the more than 80 women who have made accusations “ I feel like the forgotten man ,’’ Weinstein told The New York Post in an interview Friday at New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center

More than 80 women have accused the now infamous Hollywood mogul of sexual misconduct - from harassment to actual rape, which resulted in his production company going bankrupt last year.

(Video by ABC News)

The flood of sexual harassment and assault allegations against him brought on the tide of the #MeToo movement.

But Harvey Weinstein is lamenting his accomplishments, which he says have been washed away by the more than 80 women who have made accusations against him.

“I feel like the forgotten man,’’ Weinstein told The New York Post in an interview Friday at New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, where he had surgery the day before to remove bone plates compressing his vertebrae.

Woman duped out of €10k by conman after email hacked

  Woman duped out of €10k by conman after email hacked Woman duped out of €10k by conman after email hackedThe woman believed the accounts belonged to a solicitor she had been consulting over a land purchase.

Weinstein says he feels like the " forgotten man ," going on to add He also says he got Felicity Huffman an Academy Award nom by casting her in "Transamerica" a move he considers super progressive, and something he thinks he deserves credit for.

Disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein is not backing down from whatever version of a comeback he ’s attempting to mount, as evidenced by In the conversation, playing up his supposed ailing health — walker and blood-draining tube in tow — Weinstein said , “ I feel like the forgotten man … I made

Harvey Weinstein et al. standing next to a man in a suit and tie: Harvey Weinstein arrives for a bail hearing using a walker on Dec. 11, 2019 in New York City. © Jeenah Moon, Getty Images Harvey Weinstein arrives for a bail hearing using a walker on Dec. 11, 2019 in New York City.

The disgraced movie mogul told The Post he should be remembered for doing more than anyone else to advance the careers of women.

“I made more movies directed by women and about women than any filmmaker, and I’m talking about 30 years ago. I’m not talking about now when it’s vogue," Weinstein said. "I did it first! I pioneered it!”

“It all got eviscerated because of what happened,’’ Weinstein added. “My work has been forgotten.’’

Gallery: Harvey Weinstein's opulent Hollywood career (USA Today)


Irish weather forecast: Ireland to get battered by 'strong gusts' over 'wet and very windy' few days

  Irish weather forecast: Ireland to get battered by 'strong gusts' over 'wet and very windy' few days Met Eireann is still forecasting rough conditions following Storm AtiyahMet Eireann is forecasting "very windy" conditions throughout Monday and Tuesday.

Harvey Weinstein has complained he feels like “ the forgotten man ” and that his “pioneering” work “ I feel like the forgotten man ,” he told the paper. “ I made more movies directed by women and He also said his production company championed social causes including buying the distribution rights

" I feel like the forgotten man ," Weinstein , who is scheduled to go to trial in January for charges of rape, predatory sexual assault and criminal sexual act against two women ( he has pleaded not guilty to all charges), told the New York Post. " I made more movies directed by women and about women than

During the interview, his first in more than a year, The Post said Weinstein refused to speak about the allegations against him and threatened to end the discussion at questions he didn’t like.

Weinstein is facing trial in New York Jan. 6 on five sex crime charges, including rape and sexual assault. His bail was raised last week from $1 million to $5 million after allegations he mishandled his electronic ankle monitor, which his lawyers blamed on "technical glitches."

Weinstein has pleaded not guilty to the charges against him. He has been free on $1 million bail since his arrest in May 2018.

Film producer Harvey Weinstein exits following a hearing in his sexual assault case at New York State Supreme Court in New York, U.S., December 6, 2019.  REUTERS/Lucas Jackson © Thomson Reuters Film producer Harvey Weinstein exits following a hearing in his sexual assault case at New York State Supreme Court in New York, U.S., December 6, 2019. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson

Last week, The New York Times and Variety reported Weinstein was close to a $25 million settlement deal over civil suits with more than 30 of his accusers under terms in which he won't have to pay nor admit to wrongdoing.

During the interview, Weinstein talked about his charity work – “This was a company that took social issues and tackled them" – and his humble beginnings in Flushing, Queens.

“I want this city to recognize who I was instead of what I’ve become.” he said.

Our Christmas Together Appeal proudly supports Age UK and The Children’s Society who are providing vital services to society’s most vulnerable this festive season. Because no one should feel alone. Together we can make a big difference. Join us here.

Credit Unions urged to sign up for micro-loan scheme aimed at steering people away from moneylenders .
The government is scrapping an attached charge to try entice more credit unions to offer the loans.It comes as the government scraps a 25 cent charge attached per transaction for credit unions offering the “It Makes Sense” loans.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 5
This is interesting!