•   
  •   

US News Eintracht plans against Werder without fans - Hellmann becomes clear

18:45  26 october  2020
18:45  26 october  2020 Source:   de.motorsport.com

First shooting star, then dead end: Amin Younes is back

 First shooting star, then dead end: Amin Younes is back When he returned after six and a half years, Amin Younes immediately showed that he really wanted to play the Bundesliga again. © Marcel Kusch / dpa Amin Younes (r) from Frankfurt was used for 20 minutes on his Bundesliga comeback. The five-time national player, whose career had faltered in the past three years, dribbled on his first appearance as a Napoli loan from Eintracht Frankfurt and had the Hessians at 1: 1 (1: 0) at 1. FC Köln almost brought victory.

Eintracht Frankfurt expects empty ranks in the upcoming home game against Werder Bremen - CEO Axel Hellmann does not like this development.

Gegen Werder ausgesperrt? Eintracht-Fans beim Heimspiel gegen Hoffenheim. © imago images Locked out against Werder? Eintracht fans at the home game against Hoffenheim.

Next Saturday's game will "in all likelihood have to take place without a spectator," said Eintracht on Monday. However, so far there has been "no formal decision or official information".

Last week, Eintracht had submitted an exception application for up to 8,000 spectators based on the hygiene concept that had been used in the first two home games against Bielefeld (6500 fans) and Hoffenheim (8000).

Hübner on farewell rumors: No conversation yet

 Hübner on farewell rumors: No conversation yet Sports Director Bruno Huebner has been reluctant to say goodbye to Bundesliga club Eintracht Frankfurt next summer. "There has not yet been a conversation with Eintracht," said the 59-year-old on Wednesday of "Bild". The "Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung" had previously reported that Huebner's contract with the Hessians, which was valid until 2021, would not be extended. The former professional of 1. FC Kaiserslautern has been working for Eintracht since 2011.

But: "After all the signals we receive from politics, we have to expect that the game will have to take place in front of empty ranks," said Eintracht board member Axel Hellmann.

He calls for a "targeted and appropriate" discussion in the fight against the corona pandemic. "That is why we consider the practice of excluding spectators, not only in professional football, to be the wrong and no longer proportionate approach."

"These concepts were developed for exactly the phases we are now experiencing"

The "complex" hygiene concept has been "successfully tested", which politicians and administrators have "expressly confirmed". "And the health department in particular is convinced that attending an Eintracht Frankfurt home game does not pose a risk of infection beyond the normal everyday risk due to this hygiene concept - the opposite is actually the case."

Hellmann concludes: "These concepts were developed precisely for phases as we are now experiencing and not for a purely theoretical or statistically almost impossible risk of infection."

Harnik on professional time: “Breakouts with cold sweats” .
A few weeks after the end of his Bundesliga career, ex-professional Martin Harnik spoke very openly and critically about the “mental stress of professional football”. © Robert Michael / dpa-Pool / dpa Martin Harnik experienced a lot of pressure in his professional time. «Every development has an effect on my physical condition. Before games, I sometimes had sweats with a cold sweat, ”said the 33-year-old in an interview with“ spox.com ”. «Unsuccessful phases robbed me of a lot of energy.

usr: 0
This is interesting!