US News Earnings, age, habits: three figures on PMU turfeurs
Twenty-six years later, an avenue in Marseille for Ibrahim Ali
© Patrick Gherdoussi In the 15th arrondissement of Marseille, during the inauguration of avenue Ibrahim-Ali this Sunday. On Google Maps, searching for avenue des Aygalades no longer leads to anything. It is however there that, for a quarter of a century, the relatives and neighbors of Ibrahim Ali, killed at the age of 17 by a bullet in the back by poster staples of the National Front on February 21, 1995 , unite.
The PMU will celebrate its 91 candles this year. Born in April 1930, the Pari Mutuel Urbain is the only organization in France to be authorized to organize horse betting - in physics at least, because there are now several other online platforms. With the end of the races in spring 2020, the PMU was hit hard by the first wave of. . "Given the health context, it's not bad", relativizes its general manager Cyril Linette, guest of Europe 1 Thursday. Overview of a machine that will soon be a hundred years old, and has adapted to time and to crises.
Mali: the indictment chamber must rule on the case of the alleged conspiracy against the State
© MICHELE CATTANI / AFP Former Prime Minister Boubou Cissé is accused of having held night meetings to organize the fall of the regime Former Prime Minister Boubou Cissé and several senior officials of Malian institutions are being prosecuted for their participation in an alleged plot against the state. At the end of December, several personalities including radio columnist Ras Bath were arrested by state security, the Malian intelligence services.
90% of bets are normally taken in points of sale
Bars, tobacconists, newsagents… There are approximately 13,500 PMU points of sale across France. Despite the Internet and the appearance of online betting, they remain privileged by turfeurs, fans of horse betting. "90% of the bets are usually taken in the network's points of sale", specifies Cyril Linette. However, the health crisis has changed the trend and increased the number of online bets. It must be said that 25% of outlets - or 3,500 bars and restaurants, which represent 40% of theoretical turnover - are currently closed due to health restrictions.
According to him, the health crisis will not change the stubborn habits of PMU punters. "Internet use will continue to develop, that's for sure. But punters will come back to the bistros on Sunday morning for the Sunday afternoon quinté."
Gerresheimer share falls into the red: Gerresheimer increases dividend after growth
A high demand from the pharmaceutical industry for glass ampoules and syringes gave the special packaging manufacturer Gerresheimer tailwind at the end of 2020. © Provided by Finanz.net SAEED KHAN / AFP / Getty Images "In the fourth quarter, Gerresheimer was able to post its first significant sales from the manufacture and delivery of injection vials for Covid-19 vaccines," it said on Thursday Announcement on the annual result.
Bettors are on average between 50 and 55 years old
"The PMU represents a crucial social link", reminds Cyril Linette. The punters appreciate to play in community, to get together for the occasion. “In points of sale, the typical profile is between 50 and 55 years old. There are a lot of regulars,” he says. On the Internet, punters are on average ten years younger.
But with the health crisis and lack of counter to lean on, many followers have fallen back on the site. This has also attracted "tens of thousands of new customers" in recent months, explains the CEO. According to him, 80% of current virtual bettors were already PMU customers, the remaining 20% are new recruits.An average bet of 10 euros
The turfeurs do not bet against the odds, but in pari-mutuel. The PMU takes 25% of the final winnings and the rest is divided between the bettors who have found the right combination. "If only one bettor finds it, he or she wins almost everything. If everyone finds it, the payout is divided."
In points of sale and online, the average bet at PMU is 10 euros. "The last big win on a quinté was 800,000 euros a few weeks ago. Otherwise, with a good combination, you can often win between 30,000 and 50,000 euros with a quinté." If the gains may seem less astronomical than those of the French games for example, fans of PMU continue to be seduced by its more reflective, less risky aspect.
Gérard Lenorman: what becomes of the singer? .
© SADAKA EDMOND / SIPA Gérard Lenorman: what becomes of the singer? Until last spring, Gérard Lenorman, who celebrates his 76th birthday this Tuesday, February 9, was overflowing with projects that were interrupted, among other things, by confinement. For a long time, he sang The ballad of happy people, with all his heart and all his soul. Gérard Lenorman is celebrating its 76th birthday this Tuesday, but in 2020, as for many French people, the setbacks have followed one another.