US News USA: Saudi Crown Prince has approved "Operation Khashoggi"
Prince Philip: He was hospitalized
Concern in Great Britain: Prince Philip (99) had to be hospitalized on Tuesday evening (February 16) on the advice of his doctor. As Buckingham Palace announced according to "dailymail.co.uk", the husband of Queen Elizabeth (94) felt uncomfortable. The 99-year-old had been taken to the King Edward Hospital in London as a precaution and will stay there for a few days. His illness should not be related to Covid-19 and his admission will not be treated as an emergency.
The violent death of the Saudi journalist had caused outrage around the world. A report is now known that ex-US President Trump suppressed.
The Saudi Arabian Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman carried out the operation to capture and kill the journalist Jamal Khashoggi in October 2018 according to the assessment of the US intelligence personally approved. This emerges from a report published by US intelligence coordinator Avril Haines' Washington office.
It says that the Crown Prince had had "absolute control over the kingdom's security and intelligence organizations" since 2017. It is therefore "extremely unlikely" that government officials would have carried out an operation of this type without his permission. Further indications are the direct involvement of a key adviser to Bin Salman in the operation and his support for violent measures to silence dissidents abroad.
Prince Philip hospitalized: all his health problems for 10 years
© Bestimage Prince Philip hospitalized: all his health problems for 10 years At 99 years old, Prince Philip was hospitalized on the night of Tuesday 16 February. If Buckingham Palace wanted to be reassuring about the latter's state of health, this is not the first time that the Duke of Edinburgh has raised concerns. The news fell on Wednesday February 17th. On the advice of his doctor, Prince Philip, 99, was recently hospitalized after becoming ill.
Entry restrictions on 76 Saudis
The United States imposed entry restrictions on 76 citizens of Saudi Arabia. Foreign Minister Antony Blinken said that they were believed to have "been involved in the threat to dissidents abroad".
Khashoggi last lived in the US state of Virginia. He wrote columns for the Washington Post, often criticizing the Gulf monarchy. In October 2018, he was killed by a special command from Riyadh in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. Under international pressure, the kingdom admitted after weeks of denials that the journalist had died "in an unsuccessful attempt to arrest him". There is still no trace of Khashoggi's body to this day."Importance of universal human rights"
Ex-US President Donald Trump had previously prevented the secret service dossier from being published; he was demonstratively keen to maintain good relations with bin Salman. The close relationship with Riyadh was not significantly affected by the killing in the consulate.
Trump's successor Joe Biden called the Saudi Arabian King Salman on Thursday. The President underlined the importance his government attaches to "universal human rights and the rule of law," said the White House. At the same time, Biden had assured the monarch that the United States was on the side of the kingdom in the face of rocket attacks by pro-Iranian groups.
jj / cw (dpa, afp, rtr, ap)
Murder of Khashoggi: names deleted from intelligence report .
© Provided by Le Point Jamal Khashoggi, investigation, report Q What happened with the US intelligence report regarding the assassination of Jamal Khashoggi ? According to CNN , as soon as published Friday, February 26, the report was withdrawn a few hours later, without explanation, to be replaced by another version. The difference between these two documents? The names of three men, classified in the category "accomplices", have been withdrawn.