US News: Aleppo aid trucks bombed killing at least 32 - PressFrom - United Kingdom
  •   
  •   

US News Aleppo aid trucks bombed killing at least 32

00:25  20 september  2016
00:25  20 september  2016 Source:   news.sky.com

Moscow says strikes on Syria army threaten U.S.-Russia ceasefire plan

  Moscow says strikes on Syria army threaten U.S.-Russia ceasefire plan Russia's Foreign Ministry said on Sunday the air strikes by a U.S.-led coalition on Syrian army forces threatened the implementation of a U.S. ceasefire plan for Syria and urged Washington to thoroughly investigate the accident.The Russian Defence Ministry said on Saturday that U.S. jets had killed more than 60 Syrian soldiers in four air strikes by two F-16s and two A-10s coming from the direction of Iraq.

The Syrian Civil Defense in Aleppo province, also known as the White Helmets, said its volunteers removed at A rebel official said at least 30 of his fighters guarding evacuees died in the blast. The channel said the car used in the bombing was carrying food aid but the rebels said the car had been

Syrian Red Crescent trucks were hit after a routine delivery of supplies to the beleaguered city of Aleppo where fighting for control of the city has intensified as rebel groups have made gains battling Syrian government forces. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the at least 32 people were

Aleppo has been devastated by fighting between rebels and government forces © Getty Aleppo has been devastated by fighting between rebels and government forces

An aid convoy has been targeted by Syrian government or Russian military aircraft, killing "at least 32 people," hours after a ceasefire came to an end.

The Syrian Red Crescent trucks were hit after a routine delivery of supplies to the beleaguered city of Aleppo where fighting for control of the city has intensified as rebel groups have made gains battling Syrian government forces.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the at least 32 people were killed in the attack.

A statement uploaded to Facebook by Aleppo activists said: "Dozens of martyrs and wounded in Aleppo, and 20 vehicles for Red Crescent set on fire in airstrikes.

Red Cross postpones aid convoys after Aleppo attack

  Red Cross postpones aid convoys after Aleppo attack By Stephanie Nebehay

Reuters news agency quoted two US officials as saying two Russian Sukhoi SU-24 warplanes were in the sky above the aid convoy at the precise time it was At least 39 civilians were killed overnight in Aleppo and the surrounding province, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights monitoring group

Syrian Red Crescent trucks were hit after a routine delivery of supplies to the beleaguered city of Aleppo where fighting for control of the city has intensified as rebel groups have made gains battling Syrian government forces. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the at least 32 people were

"Martyrs and wounded among civilians were reported, some of them are still stuck under the rubble, in Aleppo city and its suburbs, due to bombardment and artillery shelling."

There was no immediate comment from the government on the convoy attack which comes as the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said there had been at least 35 airstrikes in and around Aleppo since a US-Russia brokered ceasefire ended on Monday evening.

The truce had been put under intense pressure following a series of airstrikes at the weekend and a spat between Moscow and Washington over four US-led airstrikes which mistakenly killed around 60 Syrian soldiers on Saturday.

America apologised for the bombing which occurred on a base near the eastern Deir al Zor airport, insisting their intended target was Islamic State fighters, and Theresa May has admitted Britain played a role in the attack while alleging the British military would never "intentionally" strike Syrian forces.

It is understood Britain's participation involved an unmanned RAF Reaper drone.

The US, which brokered the truce with Russia, said it is making efforts to extend the agreement.

Riad Hijab, who is the co-ordinator of a negotiating body to lead future peace talks, said there was never a credible ceasefire over which an assessment of its success or failure could be judged.

Girl pulled from Aleppo rubble in four-hour rescue .
A young Syrian girl has been pulled alive from underneath rubble after an airstrike that apparently killed 24 people. Footage filmed by the Syrian Civil Defence (SDF) rescue team shows the terrified youngster screaming as they try to keep her calm and pass her water to keep her alive.After drilling through concrete for four hours they create enough space to reach her and eventually prise the girl out through a gap.Covered in dust and still visibly distressed, she is carried away to an ambulance in Aleppo's al Shaar district.It follows earlier rescues in the city of a girl and a baby.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 1
This is interesting!