US News Mexico: Relatives of the ten minors trapped underground lose hope
The American basketball star Brittney Griner denies having planned to introduce cannabis in Russia
© Alexander Zemlianichenko The female basketball star defended himself from importing illicit substances into Russia during his trial. AFP/Alexander Zemlianichenko while Washington claims to make feet and hands with Moscow to obtain his release and that of ex-Marine Paul Whelan, the American female basketball star, Brittney Griner, tries to defend himself during his trial . She assured on Wednesday to have inadvertently brought medicinal cannabis to Russia and have never intended to make drugs.
l es close to the ten minors stuck underground in northeast Mexico began to lose hope on Friday almost 48 hours after the collapse of three coal wells under the pressure of a flood.
For the second night in a row, a hundred relatives slept near the area curly by the security forces to allow the work of the aid, noted an AFP team in the locality of Sabinas (Coahuila State) . The minors are blocked in wells with a depth of 60 meters, according to the authorities.
"We have been here since yesterday Wednesday two hours of the afternoon," said Jesus Ronaldo Mireles Romo, 24, who arrived among the premises of the accident that hit his father on Thursday evening. , José Luis, 47 years old.
Tennis-ATP: Washington and Los Cabos
© Panoramic Medvedev 290322 Tables Discover the Tables of the two ATP tournaments of the week: Washington (United States) and Los Cabos (Mexico) with a first big meeting During this summer North American summer season on hard. This year, the Citi Open will welcome a single member of the TOP 10 in the ATP ranking: Russian Andrey Rublev.
"I have faith that everything will be fine," he said, stifling a sob.
"Every minute that passes, hope decreases," adds her mother Claudia Romo about her ex-husband. "We have been separated for seven years. But it is the father of my children. It's painful."
"We feel helpless," she concludes. "We do not lose hope. It is God who has the last word".
Angelica Montelongo had a sad and tired face Thursday evening after spending a night waiting for news from her brother I Jaime: "We want them to take out the bodies". "You have to have faith and believe that they are still alive," she recovers a few seconds later.
Blasa Maribel Navarro also expects a sign of life from his nephew Sergio Cruz, 41 years old. It had been barely two months since he worked at the mine. "We trust God," she sighs, between two reflections on the risks of the mine trades.
Prohibition of French territory: the expanded “double penalty”?
© Thierry ZOCCOLAN, AFP Gérald Darmanin, on the trip Saturday July 30, 2022, in Lyon. The Minister of the Interior, Gérald Darmanin, wishes to harden the sentence of prohibition of territory against foreigners who committed an offense. traveling to Lyon on Saturday, the Minister of the Interior, Gérald Darmanin reiterated him: He intends to strengthen the prohibition of French territory (ITF): a sentence targeting foreign persons having committed a crime or an offense in France.
Five minors have already managed to go out. Two of them were able to leave the hospital, the authorities announced on Thursday.
In Mexico City, President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador devoted part of his daily press conference on Friday to the tragedy of minors, giving the floor to the technical explanations of civil protection.
"It is essential to reduce the water level (in the mine) to allow the safe entry of research and rescue specialists," said the Civil Protection Coordinator Laura Velazquez.
ASSEMBLISHED PROPERTIVE Submersible pumps into the flood level, which increased from 34 to 30 meters according to the president.
On site, agents of the Federal Electricity Commission (CFE) have strengthened the supply of electricity supply for the operation of the pumps, AFP noted.
Some 260 rescuers from different bodies (army, navy, national guard) were sent in reinforcement.
Mali: at least 12 killed after an attack on the corpses trapped
at least twelve civilians died in central Mali after the explosion of hidden bombs in the bodies of civilians killed that their loved ones had come to seek, said a elected and the police, accusing the jihadists. Friday, "the jihadists first killed two civilians in Ouakan" near Bankass, in central Mali, "before trapping their bodies", explained to AFP an elected representative of a neighboring locality, under cover anonymity.
Artisanal and dangerous mine
The accident occurred on Wednesday around 1:30 p.m., when the minors found by digging a area full of water whose collapse caused the flood.
This is a very dangerous craft mine for minors, according to experts.
"The minors dig a two meter diameter well, and continue to dig until they find coal," said a metallurgical engineer, Guillermo Iglesias, on a local radio.
This type of infrastructure does not protect workers from collapses, unlike the protections that exist in an industrial mine, he added.
We still do not know the name of the company for which work the ten minors.
The State of Coahuila, which produces 99% of Mexican coal, is used to mining tragedies. In June 2021, seven workers died after an underground collapse in the Múzquiz region.
An accident remained engraved in the Memoirs: 65 minors died on February 19, 2006 during the explosion of a gas pocket in the Pasta de Conchos mine, controlled by the Grupo México conglomerate.
Sixteen years later, 63 of the 65 bodies still lie at the bottom of the mine.
It has been 16 years since families "require measures" against accidents "and their calls have not been heard," deplored Jesus's company, who affirms that the Jesuits accompany loved ones in their request for justice before the international bodies.
08/05/2022 17:28:25-Agujita (Mexico) (AFP)-© 2022 AFP
Four years after the collapse of the Genoa bridge, a long journey towards justice .
© Archives Stefano Rellandini, Reuters The brutal collapse, in the city, of the motorway bridge which crossed Genoa on August 14, 2018, cost the Life to forty-three people. On the morning of August 14, 2018, the Genoa bridge collapsed, leading to the death of forty-three people. Four years later, a mega trial has finally opened. But relatives of the victims know that the road will be long before justice is done.