buying Mercedes Is Marketing Screen Size over Performance in the New C-Class
Ralf Schumacher: Why Mercedes should let George Russell drive
The former Formula 1 winning driver Ralf Schumacher would nominate the current Williams driver George Russell as a replacement for Lewis Hamilton Lewis Hamilton is left out after his positive Corona test. So the big question is who will represent the Formula 1 world champion in the Mercedes cockpit in Bahrain this weekend. For Ralf Schumacher, the answer is obvious: the former Grand Prix driver would put the current Williams driver George Russell in the car.
- New Mercedes-Benz C-Class arrives in 2022; pricing is not yet announced.
- It’ll be loaded with safety, infotainment, and driver assistance tech, much of it borrowed straight from the S-Class.
- Mercedes says the turbo 2.0-liter four, with 255 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque, will launch the C from 0-60 in 5.9 seconds and to a top speed of 130 mph.
Nowadays car buyers are more concerned with connectivity, the kind where your smart phone connects with your car in new and fascinating ways. Contact patches and slip angles just don’t fit into the equation.
Mercedes: GP Sachir is not an early shoot-out for 2022
Formula 1 team boss Toto Wolff assured, Mercedes with George Russell and Valtteri Bottas will not have a shoot-out for a cockpit in the 2022 season from George Russell against Valtteri Bottas at Mercedes. Is the Mercedes team duel at the Sachir Grand Prix this weekend perhaps a qualifying drive for a cockpit in the world championship team? As the person in charge, Toto Wolff doesn't want to know anything about this and says: "No, not at all." One shouldn't overestimate the situation in which Ru
And so it goes. The newwas revealed today, and Mercedes spent almost the whole time talking about how great the was and how many interior electronic features it has directly from the big, expensive S-Class.
The thing that sells cars nowadays—the few remaining cars even offered in a sea of crossover utility vehicles, that is—is screen size. That TFT touchscreen on the dash that allows you to access a deluge of features is what customers look at when choosing a car. The coming Byton electric SUV has the record, with a screen that sits four feet across, from A-pillar to A-pillar. It’s like a fish tank on the dashboard. Tesla has that 17-incher that is wowing all the techies. And now, here comes Mercedes-Benz with respectably grosse 11.9- and 12.3-inch screens on the new C-Class that’re connected right up to many of the features you could previously only get on the mighty, mighty S-Class.
Ex–Elvis Presley 1969 Mercedes-Benz 600 For Sale
Time to ride with the King.
In fact, the C-Class backgrounder started out not with engine specs or tire size but with a bunch of connectivity and screen facts:
- All-new, best-in-class 11.9” central Touchscreen multimedia display adopted from the S-Class, its portrait orientation particularly advantageous for full-screen navigation, further enhancing the driver experience
- A freestanding 12.3” digital instrument panel and central display tilted six degrees toward the driver
- Driver display and media display screens that can be individualized in three styles (Sporty, Classic, Understated) and three modes (Navigation, Assistance, Service)
- New-generation Mercedes-Benz User Experience ( ) infotainment system with advanced Voice Control (“Hey Mercedes”) and 50% more processing power compared to the previous system, and available MBUX Augmented Video for Navigation
- Next level of Intelligent Drive and available driver assistance systems to reduce workload in day-to-day situations for more comfortable and safe driving
- Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC can automatically maintain a preset distance from vehicles ahead. One new feature is the response to stationary vehicles on the road at speeds up to approximately 62 mph (previously 37 mph)
- Active Steering Assist helps the driver to stay in lane at speeds up to 130 mph. New features include additional lane recognition with the 360° camera, significantly improved availability and performance in bends on country roads and improved lane centering on highways
Then they finally started talking about all the other stuff. The C-Class will come in two basic powertrain configurations: C300 Sedan and C300 4MATIC Sedan, drawing power from a 2.0-liter inline-four engine. Just those two, at least at launch, which will be early next year. The Europeans, as usual, get the wagons, the diesels, the plug-in hybrids, the All-Terrain, and even something as seemingly simple and basic as rear-wheel steering, none of which we get here.
Will Hamilton gamble in poker with Mercedes?
Lewis Hamilton is supposed to put explosive conditions in contract poker for Mercedes. There is a headwind. Is Russell coming or is Hamilton doing it like Idol Senna? © Provided by sport1.de Will Hamilton gamble himself away in poker with Mercedes? Incredible but true: record world champion Lewis Hamilton has been unemployed since January 1st. his Mercedes contract expired at the end of 2020, and the 35-year-old has not yet signed a new one.
The U.S. C-Classes do get (here we go!) the first application of the integrated starter-generator (ISG) that essentially makes it a hybrid. ISG uses a 48-volt onboard electrical system that can add up to 20 more horsepower and 148 more lb-ft of torque. That gives the new C-Class 255 peak hp at 5,800 rpm and 295 lb-ft of torque from 2,000 to 3,200 rpm. That’ll launch the C from 0-60 in 5.9 seconds and to a top speed of 130 mph.
The new engine is mated to Mercedes’ 9G-TRONIC transmission specially developed to work with the ISG.
All that sits in a new“cab-rearward” chassis that is longer, wider and with a longer wheelbase and wider track.
Inside, the design“represents the latest interpretation of modern luxury,” with highlights from the S-Class like new-generation MBUX (Mercedes-Benz User Experience) infotainment system, better voice control and MBUX Augmented Video for Navigation. It’s not clear if the new C will get the cool head-up display from the S, but it will get some kind of HUD as an option, along with just about every safety acronym you can think of, as well as PARKTRONIC parking assist and enhanced ambient lighting.
Obituary for Jürgen Hubbert: Mercedes' motorsport makers
© Motorsport Images Jürgen Hubbert's life's work continues to this day Jürgen Hubbert died on Friday at the age of 81 in Sindelfingen . Mercedes is mourning the loss of a leader who gave the brand with the star new impetus. Most of all, however, Hubbert will forever be associated with Mercedes' return to motorsport. © Daimler Mercedes Hubbert was the key figure in Mercedes entering the DTM, sports car racing and finally Formula 1 at the end of the 1980s.
Driver Assistance Systems include: adaptive cruise control, with route-based speed adaption and stop and go assist, active steering assist with active emergency stop assist and lane change assist, active brake assist with cross-traffic function, active blind spot assist, active lane keeping assist, integrated toll pass, and a dash cam. And that’s probably not everything.
Because, you see, that’s what buyers want nowadays.
We should be able to drive one of these by the end of the year to tell you what that’s like, but for now, it looks like you’re getting a lot of S-Class for a lot less money. How much less we don’t know yet, but pricing on the current C-Class ranges from $41,600 to $43,600, minus destination and all that. Loaded with all the tech it will have, the new C-Class will almost certainly represent a techno-bargain when it comes out in 2022.
Scroll through the galleries and let us know what you think of the new C-Class—and if screen size is one of your main criteria when shopping for a new car.
problems with Mercedes? Max Verstappen rejects the role of favorites .
© Motorsport Images Max Verstappen does not see himself as a favorite for the Formula 1 opener Red Bull and Max Verstappen have completed the three-day Formula 1 test drives on the Bahrain International Circuit with the fastest time . While things were going well at Verstappen and Red Bull, Mercedes experienced three problematic days. Nevertheless, Verstappen still has the star brand at the top of the bill. "At the end of the day it's a test.