•   
  •   
  •   

News "I'm in no hurry": Vettel leaves the future open

19:40  30 july  2020
19:40  30 july  2020 Source:   pressfrom.com

Vettel is happy about Nürburgring: chance of second home win?

 Vettel is happy about Nürburgring: chance of second home win? © Motorsport Images Nürburgring 2013: Sebastian Vettel's only victory in Germany so far Contrary to the original calendar planning, Sebastian Vettel is now getting a home grand prix on his Ferrari farewell tour. Formula 1 arrives at the Nürburgring on October 11th, as eleventh stop of the 2020 World Championship . "Yet another Grand Prix in Germany", Vettel on his website is happy about the good news from home. "I have driven three times in a Formula 1 car there so far. .

Hat es in Sachen Zukunft nicht eilig: Ferrari-Pilot Sebastian Vettel. © Frank Augstein / AP / dpa Not in a hurry when it comes to the future: Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel.

Sebastian Vettel wants to take his time with the decision about his future after the fixed end at the Formula 1 team Ferrari at the end of the year.

«It is realistic to be patient and to wait. It could take a few weeks or longer. Nothing has changed, ”said the four-time world champion before the British Grand Prix at Silverstone and added at a press conference:“ I want to make the right decision, I'm in no hurry. ”

The contract of the 33-year-old from Heppenheim with Scuderia ends after the season. The latest rumors have been about a possible move to Racing Point. The racing team will become Aston Martin's new factory team from 2021. Vettel did not comment on switching options before the fourth round of the season on Sunday (3.10 p.m. / RTL and Sky), but said: «It is an exciting time. I want to be sure I'm doing it right. Good things shouldn't be rushed. »

Vettel: FIA has let us down with the fight against racism

 Vettel: FIA has let us down with the fight against racism © Motorsport Images In Silverstone the drivers get more time Actually, Formula 1 wanted to set a signal with its message against racism, but only before the first race of the season in Spielberg there had been an organized schedule for it. In the other two races, the pilots had to independently spread their message in between, which particularly irritated Lewis Hamilton. But now Sebastian Vettel says that the drivers were abandoned by the FIA ​​and Formula 1.

He currently has “no answer” as to how his life will go on after this year. In addition to continuing his career, a resignation or a year off could also be possible. "I would give an answer if I had it," said Vettel. After three World Cup races, Hesse is tenth overall and has not yet been on the podium.

The prospects for the paralyzing Ferrari are also not good on the high-speed line in England. Mercedes won six of the last seven races at Silverstone, only interrupted by Vettel 2018. "We are not strong on paper on this track, but you never know what will happen here," said Vettel.


Gallery: Jordan etches against Vettel: Leclerc "completely dismantled" him (sport1.de)

Nach seinem bevorstehenden Aus bei Ferrari hat Sebastian Vettel (l.) für das kommende Jahr noch kein Cockpit. Die Chancen, bei Top-Teams unterzukommen, werden von Woche zu Woche geringer. Doch noch besteht Hoffnung, dass er der Formel 1 erhalten bleibt. SPORT1 zeigt das Fahrerkarussell 2021

Valentino Rossi: 2020 is "a good chance" for his Yamaha colleagues .
Fabio Quartararo and Maverick Vinales can benefit from Marc Marquez's failure, according to Valentino Rossi, but one should also count on Andrea Dovizioso Not least because of the bad luck of injury World champion Marc Marquez has good chances for Yamaha to celebrate the first world title since 2015. Jerez winner Fabio Quartararo leads the championship ahead of brand colleague Maverick Vinales. Ducati driver Andrea Dovizioso is currently third in the World Championship.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
usr: 0
This is interesting!