•   
  •   
  •   

Reviews Hyundai takes over robot developer Boston Dynamics

18:12  21 june  2021
18:12  21 june  2021 Source:   t3n.de

Hyundai, Toyota and M-Sport are confessed until 2025 to the WRC hybrid era

 Hyundai, Toyota and M-Sport are confessed until 2025 to the WRC hybrid era © FIA WRC In the Hybrid era of the WRC, all three manufacturers aboard stay good news for the Rally World Championship (WRC): Toyota and M-Sport has now officially confirmed Hyundai his participation in the 2022 hybrid era of the WRC. In a joint explanation, the three manufacturers informed that they have concluded an agreement with the automotive world association FIA, which ensures their participation in the WRC up to and including 2025.

The company Boston Dynamics, which is famous with its current robots, now belongs to the South Korean car maker Hyundai.

Der Roboter «Spot». Die mit ihren laufenden Robotern bekanntgewordene Firma Boston Dynamics gehört nun dem südkoreanischen Autobauer Hyundai. © Daniel Reinhardt / DPA The robotic "spot". The company Boston Dynamics, which is famous with her running robots, now belongs to the South Korean car maker Hyundai.

One wanted to build a "robotic value chain" that rich from the production of robot parts to intelligent logistics solutions, announced Hyundai.

value of 1.1 billion dollars

The value of Boston Dynamics is $ 1.1 billion after transaction (about 925 million euros), it was said. Hyundai took over 80 percent of the shares and the previous owners, the Japanese technology group Softbank, retain a subsidiary the remaining 20 percent.

New Developer Preview: Microsoft Edge 91 approaches completion

 New Developer Preview: Microsoft Edge 91 approaches completion © Provided by Dr. med. Windows Microsoft Edge Developer Preview The development of version 91 from Microsoft Edge bends to the target straight. The weekly update in the Developer channel brings back a few innovations with the build 91.0.852.0. It is the premised penultimate developer preview, after another update in the coming week, Edge 91 will go to the beta test.

demo videos with robots from Boston Dynamics have been concerned for years for years - even because they show the progress of technology. First, the robots modeled in their movements often fell hard to keep the balance. Meanwhile, they also master complex movements and can use races, jumping, wearing stairs, wear crates and get up independently if you change them. The robot "Spot", which moves like a dog, now sells Boston Dynamics as the first commercial product, for example, for guard services. The New York police also gained one of the "spot" robots for their missions - but looked out quickly after criticism.

Multiple ownership changes

Boston Dynamics went through several ownership changes in recent years. First, the company was taken over by Google. However, the Internet Group, who became more and more visible to competitive counters and critics of the technology industry, screwed back his robotics plans. Softbank bought Google Boston Dynamics 2017 - and at that time also had plans to put stronger on robots. However, in the meantime, the Japanese Group penetrates its portfolio, among other things, after the billions-heavy misinvestment in the office space provider Work.

Hyundai - Together with the sister brand KIA - just want to change to a provider "Smarter Mobility Solutions". These included investments in future technologies, including self-propelled cars, artificial intelligence, aircraft for urban mobility and robots.

Tested: 2022 Hyundai Tucson 2.5L Is Dazzling but Slow .
The base 2.5-liter four makes a case for the compelling new Tucson's more-powerful hybrid model.Despite the outgoing Tucson's dowdy looks, that compact crossover was Hyundai's bestselling model worldwide. Its replacement builds on that momentum by continuing to lead the company's U.S. sales, suggesting the comparatively bold appearance of the latest model is enticing more customers than it's offending. Admittedly, we were skeptical after our first peek at its radical design's jutting surfaces and sharp edges. Thankfully, the new Tucson is prettier in person than it is in photos.

usr: 1
This is interesting!