•   
  •   
  •   

Family & Relationships Netflix’s Indian Matchmaking Offers An Intimate Look At Arranged Marriage In The Modern Era

20:17  09 july  2020
20:17  09 july  2020 Source:   refinery29.com

Busy at home: easy recipe for matcha tea cake

 Busy at home: easy recipe for matcha tea cake © Photo by Toa Heftiba on Unsplash Busy at home: easy recipe for matcha tea cake We decided to rhyme confinement and contentment! This is why today we are revealing the easy recipe for matcha tea cake. Enjoy your meal ! A while ago, we told you about matcha green tea , widely used in our favorite beauty products .

Dating today is hard work. With an endless stream of possibilities at our fingertips thanks to apps and dating sites, it can be overwhelming to cut through the noise and find exactly who you’re looking for. So why not enlist some professional help?

a woman in a dress © Provided by Refinery29

Enter Sima Taparia, an matchmaker and star of Netflix’s new show, Indian Matchmaking. The series offers an intimate look at the traditional custom of arranged marriage, as Taparia works to find the perfect pairs and guides clients in both the U.S. and India through the process.

We see the process unfold in the new trailer for Indian Matchmaking, premiering here on Refinery29, as Taparia painstakingly hears her clients’ (parents mostly, but their children seem to have some input) wishes — and as these things go, the requests often pretty specific. One woman specifically reminds everyone that she is simply not a fan of comedy.

2020 Indian Scout Bobber

  2020 Indian Scout Bobber Earlier this week, the mayor of New Orleans announced that the city would be receiving $18 million from FEMA.The funds will be used to distribute meals to more than 30,000 of the city's most vulnerable residents.We will provide one of the most comprehensive mass feeding programs in the United States of America, the first of its kind, LaTonya Cantrell,Mayor of New Orleans.FEMA and the city will provide 60,000 meals a week and up to 1.8 million meals monthly.FEMA is covering 75 percent of the cost of the meals, while the city will pay for the remaining 25 percent.The meals will be provided to residents who are not already receiving government. .Those included in this program will be seniors, "homebound adults," those with special needs, the homeless, and families.

In some ways, the show feels like Dating Around meets Queer Eye. Like the Fab Five, Taparia assesses and works with each family closely and personally to help make sure the son or daughter is set us as best as they can for success. And much like the speed dating series, the audience tags along to the various dates that result from Taparia’s shrewd sense of compatibility. While some are surely very successful, other seem to be at best, adorably awkward — at worst, complete disasters.

Indian Matchmaking premieres on Netflix on July 16.

Ganges River flows with history and prophecy for India .
CNN's Don Lemon speaks to Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy, who wrote in a New York Times op-ed about how he thinks another lockdown in the US would "crush the spread" of Covid-19 until a vaccine arrives.

usr: 1
This is interesting!