FoodThis Rustic Raspberry Tart Is Ridiculously Easy (And Delicious)
This 'Just Add Vodka' Drink Mix From Sam's Club Has Everything But Alcohol
And it comes in TWO party-ready flavors.
Summer desserts tend to fall into three categories: no-bake (for obvious reasons); ice cream-based (they definitely deserve their own category); and jam-packed with ripe fruit. This tart falls into the latter family, but its particular beauty lies not only in the riot of raspberries the tender crust contains, but in the sheer ease of making it.
You Can Totally Make Lobster Rolls at Home—Here's How
There's only one recipe that fully captures the flavors of the East Coast—and it's easy to make, too.
Don't get us wrong: We love pie! But you need to commit to pie—not just the dough-making and the rolling out, but the finicky transport from flat surface to pie dish, the crimping, the lattice (if you're really ambitious), the wondering if the filling is going to end up like fruit soup. This rustic, dish-less raspberry tart removes several of those anxiety points, while preserving an essential pie-ness: flaky crust, sweet-tart fruit filling, those little seeds that get stuck between your teeth that are one of the true experiences of summer.
Here’s a fold-by-fold tutorial for making the best raspberry tart around.
Rustic Raspberry Tart
Makes 6 to 8 servings
For the dough:
Eggplant, Feta, and Lemon Tart
Get the recipe for Eggplant, Feta, and Lemon Tart.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 10 tablespoons cold unsalted butter (1 1/4 sticks), cut into small pieces
- 5 to 7 tablespoons ice water
For the filling and baking:
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest (from 1 medium lime)
- 1/8 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 pound fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons coarse-grained sugar, such as Demerara or turbinado (optional)
To make the dough:1. Whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Add the butter and toss until coated. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it’s reduced to pea-size pieces, about 5 minutes.
2. Sprinkle in 5 tablespoons of the ice water and mix just until the dough comes together, being careful not to overwork it. (Add an additional 1 to 2 tablespoons of ice water if necessary.) Turn the dough out onto a work surface, shape it into a flat 6-inch disk (you may have to knead the dough once or twice to get all of the pieces incorporated, but don’t overwork it or it’ll become tough), and wrap it tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
CVS Is Now Selling 100% Edible Kool-Aid Slime Kits In Cherry And Blue Raspberry
Permission to play with your food, granted.
To fill and bake:
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and arrange a rack in the middle. Place a baking sheet on the rack while the oven is heating. Fill a small bowl with water and set it aside.
2. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Cut 1 (14-inch-long) piece of parchment paper. Place it on a work surface and dust it lightly with flour. Remove the dough from the plastic wrap, place it on the parchment, and dust it lightly with flour. Evenly roll out the dough into a 12-inch circle, repairing any cracks around the edges. Transfer the dough and parchment to a second baking sheet and refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.
4. When the dough is ready, place the sugar, cornstarch, lime zest, and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the raspberries and lime juice and gently fold to coat the berries.
5. Pile the raspberries in the center of the prepared dough, leaving a 2-1/2-inch border.
6. Fold the edges of the dough over the raspberries, leaving a 1/2 inch of space between the fold of the dough and the edge of the filling.
16 S'mores Dessert Recipes for Summer—No Campfire Required
When it comes to s'mores, there's no denying that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts: marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate.
7. Casually pleat the dough about every 2 inches as you go, and repair any rips (make sure to seal any holes in the dough, or the berry juices will escape and burn while the tart bakes).
8. Gently push the raspberries down to slightly flatten.
9. Brush the pastry edge lightly with water and sprinkle it with the coarse sugar, if using. Remove the hot baking sheet from the oven and transfer the tart and parchment onto it. Bake until the pastry is golden and the raspberry juices are bubbling, about 35 to 40 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and let the tart cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Remove the tart and parchment from the baking sheet and return them to the wire rack to cool, about 20 minutes. Before serving, remove the parchment.
You know what to do when it's time to serve it: fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Done.
Here's How to Make Your Own Cherry Pie Filling.
When you have tart cherries on hand, there's only one thing to do: Make your own canned cherry pie filling. The post How to Make Homemade Canned Cherry Pie Filling appeared first on Taste of Home. Read More
White Chocolate Berry Tart
White Chocolate Berry Tart | Get the Recipe: http://goboldwithbutter.com/white-chocolate-berry-tart/ Everyone loves to entertain when the weather starts to warm ...
Pear and Almond Cake - Easy and Delicious
This delicious Pear and Almond Cake is the perfect all day treat. It's light, sweet but not too sweet and it's not at all dry. It's easy to make and can be made the day ...
Friday, 02 august 2019
After trying four different specialty hot dogs, one stood out for its incredibly rich, unique […]
Thursday, 11 july 2019
Here's where to get Starbucks' Tie Dye Frappucinos, a limited release tropical flavor drink. Here's a review and what's in the […]
Thursday, 25 july 2019
We tried the newly launched sugar substitute Swoon. It's sugar- and chemical-free, but how does it actually taste? Read on to find […]
Popeyes Hilariously Starts a Feud with Chick-fil-A Over the Best Chicken Sandwich & Wendy's Joins...Tuesday, 20 august 2019
Popeyes Starts a Feud with Chick-Fil-A Over Best Chicken […]
Wednesday, 03 july 2019
Pasta salad is always a good choice to bring to these types of parties: It can be made ahead of time and tastes better the longer it sits. But there’s one problem ― it can be boring and flavorless. But good news: Making a stellar pasta salad only takes one simple ingredient you probably […]
Thursday, 08 august 2019
Monday, 15 july 2019
I’m no Malcolm Gladwell, but surely he could pithily coin a psychological term for that moment of realization when doubt turns to epiphany. It’s the light switch being flipped, the red phosphorous of the match igniting, the step over into the event horizon. You know, when your knee-jerk […]
Thursday, 30 may 2019
Even the ‘80s Baskin Robbins logo is making a […]