Food Your Complete Christmas Dinner Planning Guide
How to Butterfly Pork Loin and Impress Everyone at Your Table
Serve your dinner guests a memorable meal by making a juicy stuffed pork loin roast. We’ll show you step-by-step how to butterfly a pork loin so you can create eye-catching pinwheels.Place the pork loin fat side down on a large cutting board (Freshware Bamboo Cutting Board, $20.19, Walmart). Use a long, sharp knife (a chef’s knife like this Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, $31.45, Amazon would be a great choice) to cut lengthwise down the center of the meat. Don’t cut all the way through—leave about ½ inch uncut along the bottom to hold both sides of the loin together. When you butterfly a pork loin, it's critical to not cut all the way through.
There's so much joy and magic to soak in as the merry days before Christmas unfold: family traditions, a perfectly lit tree and the coziness of a crackling fire. Your celebratory meal should be just as special.
This year, enjoy a bountiful Christmas dinner that combines elegance and rustic charm. We've fashioned up a full Christmas dinner menu, complete with sides, desserts and a succulent beef tenderloin roast that takes center stage. Follow along as this timeline walks you through how (and when!) to prepare each course to ensure dinner goes off without a hitch.
Your Christmas Dinner Timeline
A Few Weeks Before Christmas
- Prepare two grocery lists—one for nonperishable items to buy now and one for perishable items to buy a few days before Christmas. .
- Bake the , but do not add whipped cream, walnuts or syrup. Freeze in an airtight container.
- Prepare but do not slice. Wrap in waxed paper and freeze in a freezer container.
- Bake the . Wrap in heavy-duty foil and freeze.
Turkey-Shaped Butter Is Here to Complete Your Thanksgiving Spread
Make room for one more bird at your holiday table.These cute birds come in a 4-ounce package, containing 8 tablespoons of butter, and retail for $3.99 each. They are available in most grocery stores such as Walmart, Hy-Vee, and Kroger now, but mostly for in-store purchases only. Make a trip soon to buy a few so there's plenty to go around the table.
Two Days Before Christmas
- Buy remaining grocery items.
- Prepare the dressing for the . Cover and refrigerate.
- Wash china, stemware and the table linens.
The Day Before Christmas
- Prepare the . Allow to cool completely and do not add garnishes. Cover and refrigerate.
- Prepare the . Wrap tightly and store in the refrigerator.
- Prepare . Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove the from the freezer and place in the refrigerator to thaw. Remove the from the freezer and place on the countertop to thaw.
- Prepare the , but do not add whipped cream. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Set the table.
- About 4 hours before dinner, tie the roast for the and let it sit in the marinade in the refrigerator for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- At least 3 to 4 hours before dinner, prepare the . Refrigerate until ready to serve, stirring occasionally.
- About 1 hour before dinner, remove the from the refrigerator. Prepare and bake.
- About 45 minutes before dinner, prepare the . Keep warm until serving.
- About 30 minutes before dinner, prepare the . Keep warm until ready to serve.
Right Before Dinner
- About 30 minutes before guests arrive, remove from the freezer. Cut into slices and bake.
- As guests arrive, assemble the . Remove the from the refrigerator and serve with crackers.
- Remove the salad dressing for the from the refrigerator and whisk. Prepare salad and toss with dressing. Sprinkle salad with sugared almonds.
- Prepare the for the beef tenderloin roast. Get a guest to help!
- Remove the from the refrigerator and warm it on the stovetop. Sprinkle with chives, cream and croutons just before serving.
- Slice just before serving.
- After dinner, remove the , and e from the refrigerator. Fold whipped cream into custard and drizzle with maple syrup. Top cheesecake with whipped cream, sprinkle with walnuts and drizzle with maple syrup. Cut and serve desserts.
With these mouthwatering recipes and other clever tips and ideas, December 25 will be more delicious than ever before..
The postappeared first on .
87 Easy Brunch Recipes You'll Want to Use ASAP .
It's the perfect combination of breakfast and lunch you can whip up, right at home.
Christmas Dinner Menu Recipes and Costco Haul 2017
We saved $100000 last year! Check out tips on how to save money: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J8BVgH9mlo --~-- Christmas is coming early to OBH so ...
Christmas Party Activities : How to Plan a Christmas Dinner
For Christmas dinners, serve appetizers followed by hors d'oeuvres and desserts. Be sure to have a well-stocked bar with beer and wine as well. Have a formal ...