Hot Cocoa M&M's Are Back for the Holidays, and Christmas Couldn't Get Any Sweeter
Hot Cocoa M&M's are back in action for the holidays. The post Cozy Hot Cocoa M&M’s Are BACK for the Jolly Season appeared first on Taste of Home.
As temperatures begin to drop and the transition from fall to winter commences, it's time to start thinking about making more dishes and beverages that will warm you up. You have tosomehow, right? What better way to do that than with a nice warm cup of ?
Think about those afternoons from your childhood spent sledding outside on the plush snow that blanketed once vibrant green grassy hills. One of the best incentives to brave the freezing temperatures was the piping hot cup of hot chocolate that was almost always waiting inside for you. And attempting to recreate those magical flavors from your childhood in one cup is a lot easier than you may think!
Pillsbury Hot Cocoa Cookie Dough Is BACK and We're Ready to Bake
This is everything you need for the cold winter months. The post Pillsbury Hot Cocoa Cookie Dough Is BACK and We’re Ready to Bake appeared first on Taste of Home.
Executive Chef Heather Terhune ofand rooftop in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is well acquainted with snowy days, and she has a great hot cocoa recipe to whip up on those especially cold days. Terhune got her start as a pastry chef, and during that time she learned a thing or two about making the best thick and delicious hot cocoa recipe. And for more of what to whip up that will have you feeling all warm and fuzzy, be sure to check out .
What's the secret to making the best hot cocoa recipe?
Surprise: Terhune never uses cocoa powder when she's looking to make hot cocoa. Instead, she uses real, high-quality chocolate.
Terhune also doesn't add cinnamon or marshmallows to her hot chocolate, which is why the quality ofis so key for this hot cocoa recipe.
Dairy Queen Has a Brand-New Blizzard for Christmas and We're on Board
DQ's Peppermint Hot Cocoa Blizzard is sure to get you in the holiday spirit! The new Peppermint Hot Cocoa Blizzard tastes just like a cup of minty hot cocoa. Inside you'll find rich cocoa fudge, chocolate chunks and real candy cane pieces blended together with creamy DQ soft serve. This Blizzard is even topped with whipped cream (of course!) and little pieces of candy cane and chocolate chunks.
How do you make the best hot chocolate?
Chef Heather Terhune shares her easy recipe for a rich, homemade hot chocolate.
Hot Chocolate Recipe
Makes 4 servings
1 cup whole milk, divided
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoons cornstarch
Pinch of salt
4 1/2 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped from a bar (55 percent cocoa is Chef Terhune's preference)
How to Make It:
- In a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together 3/4 cup of the milk, cream, and sugar. Heat, whisking occasionally until the mixture starts to bubble around the edges.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup milk and cornstarch until well combined. As soon as the milk mixture bubbles around the edges, add in the milk and cornstarch mixture and whisk until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, then add in the chocolate and pinch of salt, whisk until completely dissolved into the milk mixture, and is thick enough to coat a spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into cups. Keep in mind that it's super-rich, so use espresso cups.
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and top with chocolate shavings if desired. Serve immediately, as the drink will continue to thicken as it cools.
And to find out more about beloved foods you know and love, be sure to check out our breakdown of!
25 Hot Cocoa Mix-Ins to Get You in the Christmas Spirit
Basically an advent calendar of hot chocolate.Use peppermint extract for a classic and refreshing twist on your seasonal fave! Be careful with this stuff though, a little bit goes a long way.
RELATED VIDEO: This Boozy Hot Cocoa Is 20 Pounds (via Thrillist)
The Best Treats to Have During the Holidays! .
Time to celebrate! These are some of the best treats to have during the holidays!This is a holiday classic that is irresistible. Whether it be in the form of a cookie or a house, what better way to celebrate the holidays than with gingerbread? Try decorating them with frosting as a fun activity, and to add more sweetness.