Food Strawberry Shortcake Cookies Put Store-Bought Sugar Cookies To Shame
Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake
Classic cheesecake gets a summery upgrade. NEED A SPRINGFORM PAN?: Hiware 9" Springform Pan, $14; amazon.com.Yields: 8Prep Time: 40 minsTotal Time: 6 hours 40 minsIngredientsVanilla cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box2 (8-oz.) blocks cream cheese, softened to room temperature3/4 c. powdered sugar2 c. cold heavy cream3 c. strawberries, 2 c sliced and the rest left wholeDirectionsGrease an 8" springform pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients for vanilla cake. Pour ½ cup in pan, or enough to coat the bottom of your pan.
It took many, many rounds of testing to get these cookies just right. Our biggest piece of advice is to not be afraid of mess. Covering the cream cheese with cookie dough is a messy task (especially with the fresh strawberries!), but we promise you it's worth it a million times over.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
IngredientsFor the cookie dough
- 3/4 c.
- 1 tbsp.
- 1/2 c.
plus 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 c.
- 1/2 tsp.
The Ingredient That Takes Shortbread From Meh to Marvelous
It's better than butter and sugar. (Yes, we said it.)Typical shortbread cookies are good. They’re crumbly, sandy, and tender thanks to butter and sugar that have spent quality time together, and the best specimens taste as if they’re barely bound by flour, dissolving when take a bite. But Molly Baz’s Roasty Toasty Pecan-Caramel Shortbread Cookies are great. And the reason, my friends, is dulce de leche.
- 1/4 tsp.
- 1/2 c.
- 1/4 c.
packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp.
pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp.
cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp.
Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray.
- Make cookie dough: In a small bowl, stir strawberries, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar until combined. Let sit 10 minutes, then drain.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter, remaining ½ cup sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract, then stir in flour mixture until just combined.
- Using a wooden spoon, very gently fold in strawberries. Set aside.
- Make filling: Line a large plate or baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and lemon zest until smooth. Scoop into 12 small balls (about 1 ½ teaspoons each) and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop heaping tablespoons of dough (about 24 balls) and flatten into pancake-like circles on the baking sheet. Place cream cheese filling on top of 12 pieces of dough. Place remaining dough on top of filling and pinch edges together. Roll gently into balls.
- Arrange stuffed cookie dough balls 2" apart on baking sheets and bake until cookies are set and just golden around edges, about 18 minutes.
You Can Make These Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with Just 5 Ingredients .
The cookies are packed with protein, fiber, healthy fats, and tons of flavor. In an Instagram post, Pasternak, who has an MSc in exercise and nutrition, demonstrated how to make healthy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies using just five ingredients: one "very ripe" banana, dry oats, egg whites, peanut butter, and chocolate chips. (Here are more easy, healthy banana peanut butter recipes that you'll want to make on repeat.) Simply combine all five ingredients in a large mixing bowl, roll into balls, bake at 350°F for 20 minutes, and you're golden.