•   
  •   
  •   

Health & FitMom Shares Warning After Toddler Is Rushed to the ER After Drinking a 'Little Bit' of Baby Oil

16:16  07 december  2018
16:16  07 december  2018 Source:   people.com

Jessie James Decker Defends Picture of Herself Drinking While Breastfeeding: ‘I Know What I’m Doing’

  Jessie James Decker Defends Picture of Herself Drinking While Breastfeeding: ‘I Know What I’m Doing’ Singer Jessie James Decker incurred the wrath of the internet this summer when she posted an Instagram of herself breastfeeding her baby while holding a glass of what appeared to be wine. Experts weigh in.Country singer Jessie James Decker incurred the wrath of the internet's relentless mommy shamers this summer when she posted an Instagram of herself breastfeeding her baby while holding a glass of what appeared to be wine (a rosé, possibly sparkling, to this trained eye). A month after the uproar, Decker's attitude hasn't changed.

Mom Shares Warning After Toddler Is Rushed to the ER After Drinking a ' Little Bit ' of Baby Oil . Graysen (left) with mom JennaJoy Ingraham. JennaJoy Ingraham Washington says she’s grateful her 19-month-old son is alive after a “horrific” ordeal landed the boy in an emergency room.

Shortly after my son was born, I became obsessed with a question that had nothing to do with babies : Why was my husband so annoying? It's also exhausting, exasperating, and worrisome—a combination that can be toxic to the romantic relationship that made you parents in the first place.

Mom Shares Warning After Toddler Is Rushed to the ER After Drinking a 'Little Bit' of Baby Oil© January DeCoff/January D Photography Mom Shares Warning After Toddler Is Rushed to the ER After Drinking a 'Little Bit' of Baby Oil

JennaJoy Ingraham Washington says she’s grateful her 19-month-old son is alive after a “horrific” ordeal landed the boy in an emergency room.

It was a regular day at the family’s Spokane home last week when JennaJoy’s husband, Casey Ingraham, went to take a shower. Unbeknownst to Casey, his young son, Graysen Ingraham, had followed him into the bathroom where there was a bottle of baby oil on the counter.

“When Casey was taking a shower he heard Graysen cough,” JennaJoy, 30, recalls to PEOPLE, noting that the bottle cap was likely loose and Graysen must have crawled onto the counter.

Mom Warns About ‘Kiss of Death’ After Newborn Is Hospitalized

  Mom Warns About ‘Kiss of Death’ After Newborn Is Hospitalized Lucy Kendall is warning others of the danger of passing on the herpes simplex virus to a newborn baby.For 11 days, everything was perfect for Lucy Kendall, her partner, Jaz Miller, and their newborn, Oliver Jaz Miller. Born August 3, Oliver was getting plenty to eat, sleeping like a champ and melting hearts with his smile. Then, something happened.

The doctors prescribed a cream, but after two applications, Kyla’s face was redder and more swollen. They returned to the ER and Kyla was then sent to a dermatologist, who diagnosed her with a “caustic burn from something in the sunscreen.” Cannon talked to Banana Boat; the company offered a refund

Mom Warns Parents After Pacifier Sends Infant To ER . But now she’s warning other parents. Because once he woke up, they were headed to the ER ! Kristen Milhone is a mother in Michigan.

“That’s when he looked out and saw Graysen putting the baby oil bottle back on the counter and making a yucky face.”

Casey and JennaJoy assumed the boy had tasted a “little bit” of the baby oil, but did not think it was anything to be too concerned about. However, the parents knew something was wrong when they saw their usually active son quietly sitting on the couch, not even chewing an apple they had given him.

Mom Shares Warning After Toddler Is Rushed to the ER After Drinking a 'Little Bit' of Baby Oil© Provided by TIME Inc. From left: Bryten, Casey, JennaJoy and Graysen Ingraham

“I came out from the kitchen and he hadn’t moved, so I went to talk to him. But he wasn’t responding to us at all,” JennaJoy says. “He slid down the couch and curled up in a ball on the floor, that was really strange. He was lethargic. I picked him up and he was really dead weight and his eyes were closing in slow, awkward blinks.”

'Grey's Anatomy' star shares sweet photos of daughter for Down syndrome awareness

  'Grey's Anatomy' star shares sweet photos of daughter for Down syndrome awareness "Differences are beautiful," Caterina Scorsone wrote. And Paloma Michaela couldn't be cuter!Caterina Scorsone shared the pictures on Instagram Tuesday of daughter Paloma Michaela, who has Down syndrome, with the message that "differences are beautiful.

Your baby is 12 months old now, and her beverage options are expanding. From cow's milk to water and juice, what should you encourage? Try small, incremental tweaks to the routine, and ask your child-care providers for advice. They have likely seen lots of toddlers going through this transition and

Family warns about Rocky Mountain spotted fever after 2-year-old girl's death. Kenley Ratliff’s family hopes the death of their little girl will help warn other parents about Rocky Mountain They prescribed amoxicillin and advised her mother bring her back to the ER if the little girl didn’t improve in 24 hours.

She immediately called a nurse and told her what happened. The nurse advised JennaJoy to call poison control, then the officials urged the parents to take Graysen to the ER.

“I was horrifically scared. I was confused,” she says. “I started to panic because I didn’t realize [baby oil] was such poison. We put it on our kids, it’s specifically made for children.”

Casey rushed Graysen to the hospital while JennaJoy stayed home with their 3-year-old son, Bryten. Casey and Graysen were at the hospital for hours and the parents learned that Graysen sipping on the baby oil was more dangerous than they thought.

“Doctors said it was the equivalent of you or I drinking gasoline. It could have gotten into his lungs and if it had gotten into his lungs we could have had real problems,” JennaJoy says, adding that X-rays on his lungs came back healthy. “It wasn’t if he ingested it that was the problem, but more if he inhaled it.”

Americans Are Spending Less Time Eating Than They Did a Decade Ago

Americans Are Spending Less Time Eating Than They Did a Decade Ago Unsurprisingly, whether you have kids is a big indicator of how much time you can spend eating.

Toddlers dehydrate easily and it doesn't take very long. You could probably give him some Pedialyte is a bit acky tasting, but mix it with a little bit of juice like grape juice (w/no HFCS) and it should be Just push the liquids, then try the BRAT diet slowly - or make sure the food is extra mushy and soupy.

She first pushed him to the ground to make room on the mats for the other toddler she was carrying. They took him to the ER immediately after the incident and he checked out to be okay. She pushed him to the floor first to set the other toddler down on their mat. Torres then lifted the boy

Graysen was released from the hospital and doctors instructed the couple to monitor the toddler for further symptoms over the next day.

“I freaked out every time we put him down for a nap, not sure whether he’d wake up,” the mom of two admits. “We just watched him very carefully. Thank God, it seemed like everything was okay.”

JennaJoy wrote about the incident in a Facebook post, warning parents of “how dangerous an old nursery staple could be.”

According to the National Capital Poison Center, baby oil is a hydrocarbon — just like gasoline, motor oil, hair oil, lighter fluid and more — and can be fatal if they get into a person’s lungs.

“Poison Control often receives calls about toddlers who drank baby oil or another type of hydrocarbon,” according to the center.

“Coughing, choking and fever are common signs of hydrocarbon aspiration. Lung irritation and pneumonia, even death, can result. Don’t put these products down and turn your back, even for a second. It takes only a second for a child to grab the bottle and take a drink.”

JennaJoy says she threw all of her family’s baby oil away and is determined to be more aware of the seemingly harmless dangers in their home.

“Today I feel crazy anxious but extremely lucky as I cuddle my tiny guy and obsessively listen for any changes in his breathing,” she concluded in her Facebook post. “I also really feel the need to spread the word of how dangerous that little bottle all new Mommies get at their baby shower or have next to the bath or changing table actually can be.”

Mom Who Nearly Lost Her Baby To A Kiss Shares Vital Warning About RSV.
As tempting as it can be to lay some love on the sweet baby of a friend or family member, it’s also incredibly risky — and one mom is sharing an important warning about the risks of kissing newborns. require(["medianetNativeAdOnArticle"], function (medianetNativeAdOnArticle) { medianetNativeAdOnArticle.getMedianetNativeAds(true); }); Kelli Beachner and her husband, Dalton, welcomed their son, Colton, earlier this year. When Kelli was still pregnant with her baby boy, the couple decided they would enact a strict no-kissing policy to minimize their son’s exposure to dangerous germs.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!