Health & FitMom shocked to find metal in toddler's gummy vitamins: 'I feel like I have failed'
Do Gummy Vitamins Work? Here's What Experts Say
They’re not the same as traditional supplements
A Kansas mom was stunned to find what she says were metal shavings in her toddler's gummy vitamins.
The 3-year-old was taken for X-rays and though technicians didn't find "large amounts of metal," they did identify metal in her intestines, mom Samantha Andersen of Overland told.
Andersen said she had been feeding her daughter, Milani, Zarbee's Naturals vitamins for years, and this bottle was almost gone. The vitamins were clumped together, so she dumped them on a plate. That's when she noticed what looked like metal shavings.
People are vaping vitamins as part of a new trend, but health experts warn it could do more harm than good
Vitamin vaping is the latest fad to capture the attention of the wellness industry, but is it really healthy? Medical experts aren't so sure.
Her husband fetched a magnet "and sure enough, the magnet picked them right up," Andersen said.
"I fed these to her. I feel like I have failed. I feel terrible that this metal is in her stomach," she said.
Andersenthat she contacted the company and it offered her coupons.
FDA investigates, Zarbee's 'feel deeply'
Fox 4 contacted the Food and Drug Administration and the federal organization said in a statement: "The FDA is aware and currently investigating the complaint."
reached out to Zarbee's but has not heard back. But the company that promises "wholesome, safe, and chemical-free options" commented directly on the incident on social media.
The company, which announced last summer that it's, said "nothing is more important than our consumer's health and safety."
25 Things We All Looked Forward to Doing When We Were Kids
Putting on a swimsuit, going to the grocery store, and emptying your piggy bank all had way different meanings when you were in your single-digits!Entering a contest (and believing you would definitely win)
"We feel deeply for the Andersen family and sincerely hope Milani is doing well. We take every consumer concern seriously and are actively investigating this recent complaint about our Gummy Vitamins with the utmost urgency and care."
Like All the Moms?
Dad who went viral after dancing for sick toddler announces son is cancer free.
These days, Kennith Thomas is dancing for a different reason: His 20-month-old son got a cancer free diagnosis.
A Boy Ate 3 Laundry Pods. This Is What Happened To His Lungs.
Laundry Detergent Pod ingestion can cause serious injury and fatality. Do NOT eat them and keep them out of reach of children and impaired adults.
5 AMAZING DIY VIRAL SLIMES! SATISFYING COMPILATION! EASY & BEST SLIMES INCLUDING GIANT FLUFFY SLIME!
BUY MY MERCH OUT NOW! http://bit.ly/wengiemerch JOIN THE FAMILY ➜ http://bit.ly/wengiefam GET THIS VIDEO TO 150000 LIKES! Watch me mix ALL THE ...