•   
  •   
  •   

Health & FitFamily says mother died from flesh-eating bacteria in Florida surf

16:50  01 july  2019
16:50  01 july  2019 Source:   today.com

The Mexican Surf Town to Visit This Summer

The Mexican Surf Town to Visit This Summer While other Mexican destinations have lost their rhythm, Zihuatanejo—a once swinging spot on the Pacific Coast—is getting its groove back but still holding on to its wave-chasing soul.

Family says mother died from flesh - eating bacteria in Florida surf . As millions get set to head to the beach for the July 4 holiday, a family is warning about the dangers of flesh - eating bacteria after they say their mother died two weeks after contracting the rare infection.

Breaking News EmailsGet breaking news alerts and special reports. The news and stories that matter, delivered weekday mornings.SUBSCRIBEA woman died of a

As millions get set to head to the beach for the July 4 holiday, a family is warning about the dangers of flesh-eating bacteria after they say their mother died two weeks after contracting the rare infection.

Wade Fleming told Morgan Chesky on TODAY Monday that his mother, Carolyn, 77, contracted necrotizing fasciitis, a bacterial infection that destroys skin, when she nicked her leg in the Florida surf on June 14.

Family says mother died from flesh-eating bacteria in Florida surf© TODAY Family says woman died from flesh-eating bacteria "It's still unimaginable,'' Fleming said. "I don't even know if it's really sunken in yet. We never thought it would happen to anybody that I would ever know."

Surf’s up! 10 of the best beaches for beginners to catch waves

Surf’s up! 10 of the best beaches for beginners to catch waves Are you ready to catch some waves this summer? Check out some of these rad surf spots across the United States that are ideal for newbie surfers.

by flesh - eating bacteria and died nearly two weeks after she fell and scraped her leg walking on a Florida A 77-year-old woman was infected by flesh - eating bacteria and died nearly two weeks after she fell President Trump says he and the first lady have 'tested positive for COVID-19'. Yahoo News.

The woman got the infection during a walk on the beach, and died just three days ago.» New Warning After Mother Dies Of Flesh - Eating Bacteria | NBC Nightly News - Продолжительность: 1:44 NBC News 27 563 просмотра.

The diagnosis of flesh-eating bacteria has not been confirmed by NBC News as the official cause of death.

If confirmed, it would be the second case in just the past month. Kylei Parker, 12, is currently recovering from the infection after a trip to Destin, Florida, in early June resulted in her being sent to the intensive care unit.

Family says mother died from flesh-eating bacteria in Florida surf© TODAY Family says woman died from flesh-eating bacteria It was a "normal day at the beach" off the waters of Anna Maria Island when Fleming said his mother contracted the deadly infection.

Carolyn Fleming first complained of pain a day after sustaining a three-quarter-inch cut on her left shin, the family told NBC News.

She received a tetanus shot and an antibiotic a day later, but her shin turned black by the third day after the incident, Fleming said.

Here Are All the Places Where People Have Reported Contracting Flesh-Eating Bacteria in 2019

Here Are All the Places Where People Have Reported Contracting Flesh-Eating Bacteria in 2019 In 2019, nine people or their families have spoken out about contracting a flesh-eating bacteria. Three of those people have died.

A woman died two weeks after cutting her leg while walking along the coast on Anna Maria Island, Florida , according to her family . Her leg became infected with necrotizing fasciitis, commonly called flesh - eating bacteria .

12-year-old contracts flesh - eating bacteria while vacationing in Florida . A 12-year-old Indiana girl who was vacationing with her family in Florida contracted rare flesh - eating bacteria that will Her mother , Michelle Brown, told WKRG-TV she had a pain in her right calf the following day, assuming it

"She came back home, went to bed,'' he said. "Her friends had to break into her house the next day and find her basically unconscious on the floor."

Carolyn Fleming died on June 27 after complications from surgery to save her leg, her son said.

There are 700 to 1,100 cases of necrotizing fasciitis recorded in the United States each year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Early symptoms include a red or swollen area of skin that spreads quickly, severe pain and fever.

It can lead to sepsis, shock and organ failure, and even with treatment, up to one in three people with necrotizing fasciitis die from the infection, according to the CDC.

"Accurate diagnosis, rapid antibiotic treatment, and prompt surgery are important to stopping this infection," the CDC says.

The Fleming family hopes that sharing their mother's story will help others more quickly recognize the early symptoms.

"The cure right now is to educate people,'' Fleming said. "They can go to the beach, they can have fun, but there are dangers out there and try to learn the warning signs."

Read More

This is the most common nutrient deficiency in America .
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Second National Nutrition Report, some aren’t succeeding — many Americans’ diets are lacking in a few key nutrients. Their findings revealed that one deficiency popped up more than others.

Topical videos:

usr: 3
This is interesting!