Health & Fit: Michigan boy suffers second degree burns in 'fire challenge' - Egypt: Tourist suffers severe burns from henna tattoo - Experts warn - PressFrom - US
  •   
  •   
  •   

Health & Fit Michigan boy suffers second degree burns in 'fire challenge'

03:35  08 october  2019
03:35  08 october  2019 Source:   cnn.com

Woman's blistering 'margarita burns' like 'being cooked from the inside out'

Woman's blistering 'margarita burns' like 'being cooked from the inside out' Beware of the so-called “margarita burn” this summer. That’s one Canadian woman’s warning after she suffered second-degree burns on her hands from squeezing limes to make cocktails on a recent lake trip. In June, Amber Prepchuk, of Edmonton, Alberta, went to Wizard Lake with friends. Ahead of their walk down to the water, the 34-year-old makeup artist told Fox News on Tuesday that she and a couple of others decided to make a pitcher of margaritas. Unable to find the lime squeezer, Prepchuk offered to squeeze the limes by hand.

A 12-year-old Michigan boy suffered second - degree burns to his chin, chest and stomach when his friend sprayed him with nail polish remover and set him on fire as part of a viral internet challenge . Tabitha Cleary said her son Jason, of Deerborn Heights, described the terrifying moment she saw her

A12-year-old Michigan boy has been seriously burned after a friend set him on fire as part of a social media challenge . Jason Cleary was at a friend's house on The schoolboy from Dearborn Heights, Michigan , was left with second degree burns and spent four days in hospital following the incident.

a man standing in front of a building: Michigan boy suffers second degree burns in 'fire challenge'© WDIV Michigan boy suffers second degree burns in 'fire challenge'

A 12-year-old Michigan boy is recovering from second degree burns after being set ablaze in what is being described as a social media challenge.

Tabitha Cleary of Dearborn Heights, Michigan, told a reporter for CNN affiliate WDIV that her son, Jason Cleary, suffered second degree burns to his chin, chest and stomach after he was set on fire at a friend's house.

"I just want everybody to know that these challenges, or whatever they're watching on YouTube, is not worth your risking your life," Cleary said. "My son got burned second degree, and it could have been way worse."

Cell phone charger alert: Woman suffers neck burn after using generic brand

Cell phone charger alert: Woman suffers neck burn after using generic brand Generic cell phone chargers have been under scrutiny for causing burns and electrocutions.

DETROIT – A Michigan boy is recovering from second - degree burns after being lit on fire by friends for an internet challenge . The alcohol burns off quickly, and the fire is supposed to the be extinguished in a bathtub or other water source. Last year, a then-12-year-old Detroit girl was burned

DEARBORN HEIGHTS, MICHIGAN : A 12-year-old Michigan boy was left with second - degree burns after taking part in viral ' fire challenge '. The child's mother is now speaking out about the dangers of viral internet challenges . Tabitha Cleary revealed that watching her son endure the pain was nothing

Her son's injuries are thought to be due to the "fire challenge" in which children pour a flammable liquid like rubbing alcohol on themselves, and then ignite it. Videos of such attempts have been making their way around YouTube for several years.

Cleary told WDIV that she heard her son screaming outside, after his friend brought him to their door on his bicycle.

"And I immediately started to freak out, 'Take him to the hospital, take him to the hospital!'" she said. "I'm starting to cry, he's crying."

Jason told WDIV that his burns came from the second fire of the day, sparked by nail polish remover.

"The first time it was like, a little tiny fire. Then they swatted it off," he said, "The second time it engulfed, and they kept spraying it on me."

His parents rushed him to the hospital.

A spokesperson for Children's Hospital of Michigan would not confirm the boy's treatment to CNN Monday, citing hospital policy to not comment on pediatric patients.

Dearborn Heights police confirmed that they are investigating the matter, but would not comment further.

"Because of the ages of the individuals involved, I am unable to provide any details other than we will be coordinating with child protective services to assure the safety of all persons involved," Captain Mark Meyers told CNN.

Tabitha Cleary did not immediately respond to CNN's request for further comment.

Juul accused of selling 1 million tainted vaping pods .
Former Juul senior vice president Siddharth Breja claims he was fired in March for raising concerns about contaminated podsFormer Juul senior vice president Siddharth Breja claims he was fired in March for raising concerns about the contaminated pods the company allegedly shipped to customers and retailers. Breja says in a lawsuit that he raised concerns about the contamination of Juul's "mint refill kits." He also said he voiced concern about the company selling expired products in meetings with senior management.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 3
This is interesting!