•   
  •   
  •   
W

Health & Fit A 6-year-old was hospitalized after eating a weed gummy. Her mother blames the candy-like packaging.

07:45  11 june  2021
07:45  11 june  2021 Source:   insider.com

Taking Viagra May Help Men With This Disease Live Longer, Says New Study

  Taking Viagra May Help Men With This Disease Live Longer, Says New Study New research shows that Viagra could help men with coronary artery disease live longer by reducing their risk of new heart attack.The new study, which was published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology found that men with CAD who take Viagra due to impotence (another name for ED) not only appear to live longer but they also have a reduced risk of having a new heart attack. (Related: 100 Unhealthiest Foods on the Planet).

A 6 - year - old was hospitalized after eating a weed gummy . Her mother blames the candy - like packaging . Soon after , McCoy's daughter couldn't open her eyes, started having convulsions, and became unresponsive, so she took her to the emergency room. The Florida-based mother and medical marijuana user wrote a detailed Facebook post about the events leading up to her daughter's hospitalization , and said the gummy 's Hawaiian Punch-inspired packaging misled her child into thinking it was regular candy.

Mother recalls terrifying moment her six - year - old daughter accidentally ate a WEED GUMMY that left her suffering seizures - as she slams marijuana companies for 'endangering children' by packaging drugs ' like candy '. A Florida mother is warning parents just how easy it is for children to accidentally overdose on marijuana after her own six - year - old daughter found a family friend's THC gummy and — seeing the child-friendly packaging — ate it. Morgan McCoy, 39, shared the story of 'one of the scariest moments of my life' on Facebook last week, explaining how her child managed to find the

background pattern: Crystal Cox/Business Insider © Provided by INSIDER Crystal Cox/Business Insider
  • Florida mother Morgan McCoy is urging parents and cannabis users to advocate for more explicit edible packaging.
  • McCoy's 6-year-old ate a 50-milligram edible she thought was candy because it came in Hawaiian Punch-inspired packaging.
  • Her daughter couldn't open her eyes, had convulsions, and needed to be hospitalized.
  • Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.

Morgan McCoy is advocating for more explicit edible cannabis packaging after her 6-year-old daughter accidentally ate a gummy that contained 50 milligrams of THC. Soon after, McCoy's daughter couldn't open her eyes, started having convulsions, and became unresponsive, so she took her to the emergency room.

Majority of Pet Owners Are "Obsessed" With This Food, Says Data

  Majority of Pet Owners Are Chewy.com has fetched some telling trends about how Americans feed our pets—and it's clear we're obsessed with healthy and clean foods.The online pet products store polled 1,500 cat and dog owners about what they look for when it comes to mealtime, and found that millennials and Gen X shoppers are "health-obsessed," with 52% of shoppers looking for pet food that has strictly "clean" ingredients.

A 6 - year - old was hospitalized after eating a weed gummy . Her mother blames the candy - like packaging . Medical cannabis user Morgan McCoy explained how her child got her hands on the edible, which had Hawaiian Punch-inspired packaging .

Thinking about how much kids loved chewy gelatin-based candies , Riegel decided to make a bear figure out of fruit In America, we pick up a package of Gold Bears, but Spanish speaking countries purchase Ositos de Oro, the The Adventures of the Gummi Bears premiered on NBC in 1985 and had a solid six - year run, which was Disney's 14 Teens Hospitalized After Eating Gummy Bears.

The Florida-based mother and medical marijuana user wrote a detailed Facebook post about the events leading up to her daughter's hospitalization, and said the gummy's Hawaiian Punch-inspired packaging misled her child into thinking it was regular candy.

"I was up all night with my husband watching those machines. Her breaths per minute would drop to single digits at times, her heart rate would shoot up to alarming levels at others," McCoy wrote on Facebook about the May incident.

Since then, McCoy has reached out to local legislators, asking them to change cannabis packaging to more clearly reflect its contents. But she says she keeps getting redirected to other lawmakers, so she decided to ask other cannabis advocates and parents for help. She's also in the process of filing a class action lawsuit against the company that creates the product her child ate.

The Common Vaccine Side Effect That No One Is Talking About, Experts Say

  The Common Vaccine Side Effect That No One Is Talking About, Experts Say The COVID vaccine can have the unexpected side effect of altering the heaviness and timing of people's periods, experts say.

I understand parents missing this, the packaging doesn’t look like medicine, the warnings are small Happened half dozen time I just quit eating them. One time I got a treat off an old school Deadhead I ate half of it, passed out and was starving but half asleep so I reflexively ate the rest of the batch

Five children ate THC-infused candy included in a food distribution made by the First Baptist Church of of Roy in Roy, Utah, Friday. Two of the five, girls ages 5 and 11, were hospitalized after eating medicated 'Nerd Ropes', which had 400 milligrams of THC. The father of the 5- year - old , who did not want himself or her identified, says she was placed in intensive care after eating the candy . Two young girls have been hospitalized after they ate THC-infused candy from a Utah church food distribution.

"We as parents are standing idly by while these companies are targeting our kids with what can be deadly doses of THC," McCoy wrote. "THC is a MEDICATION and needs to be packaged as such. Period."

This isn't the first time a child accidentally consumed cannabis

Reports of kids consuming cannabis are rising as the substance gains recreational and medicinal legality in an increasing number of states, Insider previously reported.

Health experts have previously warned cannabis users to keep their edible stashes away from children who might mistake the drug for candy.

One study in Colorado, for instance, found that about twice as many kids visited an emergency room for accidental THC ingestion in the years after recreational marijuana stores opened than before. Annual poison-control cases increased five-fold, according to the study.

Children feel the effects of THC more intensely

While the effects of marijuana on children are similar to those found in adults, kids under the age of 12 may experience them more intensely because of their small size, according to the Children's Hospital of Colorado.

Red eyes, paranoia, confusion, and impaired balance are all signs your child potentially consumed cannabis, Insider previously reported.

Children are not legally allowed to consume marijuana in any form, so research on the long-term effects of consuming the substance at a young age doesn't exist.

Read the original article on Insider

Coca-Cola Was Just Banned in This One Southern County .
If it were a really hot summer day, you'd seek out a nice, cold drink, right? That just got a little tougher for one North Carolina community.Big brands face routine controversies, and the Coca-Cola Co. has had plenty on its plate lately. In particular, the beverage giant has been an unexpected player in the 2020 U.S. Presidential election's fallout, as the Atlanta-based brand issued a public statement addressing their view of what conservative Georgians call the "Election Integrity Act." If passed, the bill would complicate the logistics that enable some Georgians to vote. Some Democratic figures in government have stated that the bill is unjust and even racist.

usr: 2
This is interesting!