Home & GardenThe Pikler (Montessori) Triangles And Child's Development
While browsing various kid toys online stores or visiting actual shops, you may have noticed various climbing sets shaped like triangles. They are usually made of wood and not plastic, relatively small in size. These are Pikler or montessori triangles.
A Pikler triangle, usually called a Montessori triangle, was created by a pediatrician for the safer and healthier development of babies and children. It is usually of a smaller size so babies can use it at a young age. But what are the benefits of this type of furniture? Check out the article to learn more.
Advantages Of Pikler Triangles For Babies And Children
If you are considering buying a Montessori triangle, then you may want to learn more about the advantages of this piece of furniture. Here are to name a few:
- Improving gross motor development, especially beneficial for babies at a young age.
- Enhancing vestibular skills. This skill is also great to develop at a young age so the toddler moves with more confidence.
- Strengthen muscles, bones, and overall limbs. It's a clear benefit and helps your kid grow healthier and stronger.
- Helps develop grasping skills. It will help the baby to stay safe and learn how to reach out to various objects.
- Improves spatial awareness. Your child learns at a young age that the action causes consequence, so they are more aware of their surroundings and stay safe.
- Manages weight. It should be considered at a young age to prevent many illnesses.
A small object such as a Montessori or Pikler triangle has a myriad of benefits. It’s great for babies since the triangle is relatively small. When toddlers learn how to walk, they want to learn more about the world, and a Montessori triangle can be very helpful in this case. Plus, it encourages physical activity at a young age, and exercises have tons of benefits for children.
Physical Activity And Kids’ Development
It’s always a great idea to engage your child in physical activities starting at a young age. And here is why:
- Improves cognitive function.
- Helps release the stress.
- Improves overall well-being as during workout the body develops hormones responsible for happiness.
- Weight management and disease prevention.
- Development of social skills if the child is participating in team sports or attends dancing classes.
- Improves the overall health of the body.
- Has a positive impact on self-esteem as the child develops skills.
Starting from a young age your baby can use the Montessori triangle to get used to an active lifestyle!
Montessori is usually used for teaching kids. Turns out it can also help those with dementia. .
At the Center for Applied Research in Dementia, they are testing Montessori approaches to improve patients' overall wellness.Leading dementia researchers have tapped into what many Montessori educators and parents eventually discover: Montessori isn't about perfect wooden materials but a way of respectfully guiding others to learn or reclaim skills.