Style A Kickstarter campaign to launch a space-scented perfume that smells like hot metal and steak has blown past its goal
TV chef tests: The blind test: Which grill sauce tastes best?
© Getty Images / puhhha The right sauce is the icing on the cake when grilling, the wrong sauce spoils the taste. Just in time for the barbecue season, the sauces pile up on the supermarket shelves. But how do they taste? We asked TV chef Alexander Herrmann for the blind test. A barbecue without the right sauce - unthinkable! In the supermarket, cheap products line up with expensive ones. Some want to be smoky, others advertise with sharpness. The offer is huge.
- hopes to launch a fragrance that's said to smell like outer space, or a mix of hot metal, fried steak, rum, and raspberries.
- The scent was created in the early 2000s by Steven Pearce, the CEO of Omega Ingredients.
- It was later used by NASA as a "realistic training exercise" in what astronauts would smell inside a space shuttle, according to Pearce.
- Matt Richmond, who started the Eau De Space Kickstarter campaign, is hoping to use the fragrance as a way to support "K-12 STEM programs through experiential education."
- Pearce told Insider "it's great" that Richmond is reviving the scent, which could potentially "inspire someone to get involved in astronomy, physics, or chemistry." He also said he supports "trying to stimulate young students to take an interest in science."
- The campaign has already surpassed its funding goal of $1,969, with over $193,000 at the time of writing.
This Nail Polish Line Smells Just Like Your Favorite Foods .
Bagged wine isn't a new concept. After all, the box that boxed wine comes in contains a bag inside.In the past couple of months, it's probably safe to say that we've all improved our skills with our microwaves.But it may have gone too far, since some librarians have had to ask that we stop quick-cooking our library books.The Kent District Library in Grand Rapids, Michigan, has apparently received a couple of scorched hardbacks.It seems some well-meaning patrons tried to avoid the pandemic by microwaving the books.Maivino offers a popular bagged rosé that they will deliver right to your door.In addition to a rosé, Maivino offers a Pinot Noir and a Sauvignon Blanc if you're not a fan of the pink stuff.