Crime: Lawrence teen guilty of murder, but victim’s mom suspects others involved - PressFrom - US
  •   
  •   
  •   

CrimeLawrence teen guilty of murder, but victim’s mom suspects others involved

20:00  15 may  2019
20:00  15 may  2019 Source:   bostonherald.com

Justice for Junior: Teen victim’s blood found in getaway car; suspect’s blood on seat

Justice for Junior: Teen victim’s blood found in getaway car; suspect’s blood on seat May 09--THE BRONX — A DNA expert testified Thursday that the blood of 15-year-old Lesandro “Junior” Guzman Feliz was found on the interior of a rear passenger door of a getaway car after the teen was fatally stabbed in June. It was also revealed Thursday that the blood of murder suspect Elvin Garcia was discovered on a rear passenger seat, according to criminalist Matthew Benintendo, who works for the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner. The DNA testimony, which can be tedious at times, is an important component in a case that has been notable for graphic surveillance footage.

A jury found Lawrence teen Mathew Borges guilty Tuesday of beheading and cutting off the hands of a schoolmate out of jealous rage, but victim Lee Manuel Viloria-Paulino’ s mother said she doesn’t believe Borges acted alone. “I was never convinced this was only Mathew,” Katiuska Paulino told the

The criminal cases against Robert Kraft and others linked to the Orchids of Asia sting are on life support after a judge tossed the video evidence and the Florida cops continue to take flak for their approach to filming Lawrence teen guilty of murder , but victim ’ s mom suspects others involved .

Lawrence teen guilty of murder, but victim’s mom suspects others involved© Provided by MediaNews Group d/b/a Digital First Media Katiuska Paulino holds a portrait of her son, Lee Manuel Viloria-Paulino, which was painted by a friend from church. A jury found Mathew Borges guilty of first degree murder in his killing in the 2016 on May 14, 2019. (Staff Photo By Faith Ninivaggi/Boston Herald/Media News Group)

A jury found Lawrence teen Mathew Borges guilty Tuesday of beheading and cutting off the hands of a schoolmate out of jealous rage, but victim Lee Manuel Viloria-Paulino’s mother said she doesn’t believe Borges acted alone.

“I was never convinced this was only Mathew,” Katiuska Paulino told the Herald. “Everyone else involved is still out there. They can get away with it and do it to someone else. And Mathew will still be young when he gets out of prison. I will never have my son again.”

Jury weighs fate of teen charged in classmate's killing

Jury weighs fate of teen charged in classmate's killing A jury is now weighing the fate of a Lawrence teenager charged with killing and beheading a high school classmate. 

Victim of racist murder [1]. Parent( s ). Neville Lawrence Doreen Lawrence . Neville Lawrence , Stephen' s father, criticised the punishment, saying that Bullock was " guilty on all counts." However, a spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police Federation stated that Bullock had been "largely vindicated"

SALEM — Jurors began deliberations Monday in the trial of a Lawrence teen accused of beheading The defendant was jealous when he saw a girl he liked sitting with Viloria-Paulino in the Lawrence Hayden told jurors the two got separated. He also said, “Every kid involved in this investigation was

An Essex County Superior Court jury of seven men and five women deliberated for a day and a half before convicting Borges of first-degree murder based on deliberate premeditation and extreme atrocity and cruelty. Borges was the only person charged in the case.

Borges was 15 at the time of the November 2016 killing. Because he was over 14 when he was charged with murder, he was tried as an adult. While he could spend up to life in prison, he will be eligible for parole in 25 years because Massachusetts’ highest court has ruled that life without the possibility of parole is unconstitutional for anyone who was a juvenile at the time the crime was committed.

Borges showed no emotion when the verdict was read, and his family was not in the courtroom at the time. But his attorney, Edward Hayden, said the teen asked him to call his mother afterward.

Fate of Lawrence murder suspect up to jury

Fate of Lawrence murder suspect up to jury SALEM — Jurors began deliberations Monday in the trial of a Lawrence teen accused of beheading and cutting off the hands of a schoolmate out of jealous rage. require(["medianetNativeAdOnArticle"], function (medianetNativeAdOnArticle) { medianetNativeAdOnArticle.getMedianetNativeAds(true); }); The panel of seven men and five women must decide whether Mathew Borges, who was 15 at the time of the killing, is guilty of first-degree murder in connection with the November 2016 death of 16-year-old Lee Manuel Viloria-Paulino.

New evidence helps convict men of murder 18 years after teenager ' s fatal stabbing.

Old-school assumptions about guilt and innocence don’t cut it in modern detective work.

“We’re disappointed, of course,” Hayden said outside court, adding that he would appeal. “We thought we had a defense but the jury — they obviously worked hard and did their best to come to a verdict. We just don’t agree with it.”

Viloria-Paulino’s family kept vigil in the courtroom throughout the trial, many of them wearing T-shirts bearing his likeness, with the words, “We want answers! We want justice!”

In closing arguments Monday, Assistant District Attorney Jay Gubitose said Borges is the only person who had the motive, the means and the opportunity to kill the victim.

The defendant was jealous when he saw a girl he liked sitting with Viloria-Paulino in the Lawrence High School cafeteria and was escorted out after he yelled at them, Gubitose said.

The prosecutor cited a text in which Borges said he was going to kill anyone who got in his way, and a witness who said the defendant asked how he would kill someone and where he could get a knife. Hayden said prosecutors had no murder weapon, no DNA, no blood and no fingerprints to prove that Borges was the killer.

Jurors in Lesandro ‘Junior’ Guzman-Feliz trial hear how suspects were nabbed after gruesome murder

Jurors in Lesandro ‘Junior’ Guzman-Feliz trial hear how suspects were nabbed after gruesome murder Jurors in the murder trial of Bronx teen Lesandro “Junior” Guzman-Feliz on Tuesday heard evidence about when and where the suspects were arrested following the June 2018 slaying and the various means by which they were identified. 

One victim was quickly identified as Carol Platt Valenzuela, who had been reported missing, but the other set remained unidentified. In a trial sensationalized by the media her mother was found guilty of murder and sentenced to life in prison.

A third suspect , Mark Blandford of Elmira, who admitted to acting as a lookout while Beard entered the Clayton house, was originally charged with second-degree murder but agreed to plead guilty to manslaughter in exchange for his testimony at Clayton' s trial. Members of Kelley Clayton' s family were

Viloria-Paulino was reported missing on Nov. 18, 2016, when surveillance video showed him walking with Borges toward the Merrimack River. Hayden told jurors at some point the two separated.

The defendant told police the two went down to the river to smoke pot. But a 17-year-old witness testified that it was a ruse to buy the witness and a group of friends time to break into Viloria-Paulino’s home and steal his belongings. Afterward, Borges called one of their phones.

“I heard him say, ‘He’s dead,’ ” the witness testified, “and then I kind of blanked out.”

Hayden told jurors not to trust the testimony of any of the teens involved in the break-in, for which none of them was charged even though more than one of them initially lied about it to police and a grand jury.

“Mathew is their stay-out-of-jail card, and they play it masterfully,” Hayden said.

Viloria-Paulino’s decapitated body was found Dec. 1, 2016, by a man walking his dog. A state trooper found his head in a bag nearby. His hands were never found.

The victim’s mother said that ultimately, she hopes her son will be remembered for the way he lived, rather than the way he died.

Katiuska Paulino said she remembered him as the courageous youngster who overcame a stutter to give two 30-minute monologues before a crowd of 2,000 in Boston and as a teen whose ambitions included becoming a graphic designer, a chef or an actor.

Third person charged in killing of teen day after robbery, deputies say.
Deputies have charged a third person in the killing of a teen who committed a robbery and in the killing of another person the day before. Deputies charged 24-year-old Jaylan Horatio Marques Fair in connection with the January 27 shooting death of William Ramirez 19. Investigators said on Jan. 26, Niklaus Anthony Bennett, 20, and William Ramirez, 19, went to Fleetwood Manor Apartments, where 21-year-old Jamel Wingfield was robbed and shot several times, deputies said. Ramirez was one of the shooters, deputies said.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 3
This is interesting!