CrimePolice: Seguin woman lived in home with mother's skeletal remains for three years

21:35  11 july  2019
21:35  11 july  2019 Source:   mysanantonio.com

Anaheim Police Reopen 20-Year-Old Case in Effort to Find Young Mother’s Killer

Anaheim Police Reopen 20-Year-Old Case in Effort to Find Young Mother’s Killer Police have reopened an investigation into the shooting death of a young woman whose body was found in a shallow grave in Anaheim 20 years ago. Mariana Tapia is seen in an image provided by the Anaheim Police Department. On July 2, 1999, 18-year-old Mariana Tapia disappeared after going to a friend’s birthday party at the El Rodeo nightclub in Pico Rivera, the Anaheim Police Department stated in a news release Tuesday. Tapia, who was from Anaheim, was last seen dancing with some unknown men inside the club. Nearly two months later, her decomposed body was discovered in a bushy area near Gypsum Canyon Road and Santa Ana Canyon Road, the Police Department stated.

Police: Seguin woman lived in home with mother's skeletal remains for three years© Provided by Hearst Newspapers

Former Seguin dispatcher Delissa Navonne Crayton, 47, has been arrested for injury to a child under the age of 15 on Wednesday in Seguin.

A woman lived in a Seguin home with the skeletal remains of her mother in plain sight for three years, police said during a news conference Thursday. The woman's teenage daughter also lived in the home.

Police identified the deceased woman as 71-year-old Jacqueline Crayton and arrested her daughter Delissa Navonne Crayton, 47, Wednesday afternoon in connection with the investigation.

Seguin police discovered the skeletal remains Sunday night after receiving a tip during a Child Protective Services Investigation.

Woman shot by Tacoma Police, hospitalized

Woman shot by Tacoma Police, hospitalized Officials say a woman was hospitalized Tuesday after being shot by Tacoma Police. It happened just after 9 p.m. at Domino's Pizza on Pacific Avenue near S. 38th Street. Tacoma Police Spokesperson Loretta Cool says police responded to the restaurant after a report of a woman with a knife. The woman, described as Hispanic and in her 50s, was shot by police shortly after they arrived at the scene. She was conscious and alert when taken to the hospital, Cool said. No officers were injured. The officer who fired the shot is 24 years old and has been with the department for 10 months. He's been placed on administrative leave per department policy.

Investigators said they believe Jacqueline died in 2016 after suffering a non-life threating fall in a bedroom at the residence she shared with Delissa and her granddaughter.

Delissa failed to call the police to assist her mother, leaving investigators to believe Jacqueline died a few days after the fall while lying on the floor, Seguin Police Cheif Terry Nichols said during the news conference.

Delissa, who is a former Seguin school district employee, is charged with injury to a child under the age of 15 for allowing her daughter to live in a house while her mother was decaying in the next bedroom, Nichols said.

FIND OUT FIRST:Get San Antonio breaking news directly to your inbox

Nichols said investigators are waiting for final confirmation on the identification of the remains, but feel strongly that the remains are Jacqueline's.

Shotgun-Toting Pair Sought In Woman's Murder On East Side

Shotgun-Toting Pair Sought In Woman's Murder On East Side DETROIT (WWJ) - Detroit police are searching for a man and woman who allegedly killed a woman overnight on the city's east side. The incident happened just before 1 a.m. Tuesday in the 3600 block of Nottingham, in a neighborhood along Mack Avenue just east of Alter Road. Armed with shotguns, police say the suspects shot the 28-year-old victim and then fled the scene in a blue or purple Ford Crown Victoria. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene. Police say she knew the suspects, but provided no additional information about their relationship. Descriptions of the suspects were not released. The incident remains under investigation.

"We were hesitant to release the name at all but we feel fairly confident that there is no reason not to believe its not that person," Nichols said.

READ ALSO: Police: Human skeletal remains found in Seguin home

The daughter is currently placed with family members.

Delissa is being held in the Guadalupe County Jail on a $200,000 bond.

This offense is a second-degree felony punishable by imprisonment from two to 20 years and a fine up to $10,000.

Nichols said the investigation is ongoing and additional charges are anticipated.

Text "NEWS" to 77453 for breaking news alerts for mySA.com.

Priscilla Aguirre is a breaking news reporter and general assignment writer. Read her on our breaking news site, mySA.com, and on our subscriber site, ExpressNews.com | priscilla.aguirre@express-news.net | @CillaAguirre

Read More

Mother seriously injured, son charged in Harrison stabbing.
A woman is seriously injured after her son stabbed her Friday night, according to police. Police said the attack happened near a small barn on the woman's property on Dawes Hill Road. Halimo Azair, 49, was airlifted to a hospital for stab wounds. She also suffered injuries to her head, arms and face. Mohamed Noh, 24, the woman's son, was charged with elevated aggravated assault. He is due in court Monday. State police and the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office are still investigating the incident. READ MORE:Mother seriously injured, son charged in Harrison stabbing CHECK OUT WMTW:Stay informed with the latest Portland news and weather from the team at WMTW.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 1
This is interesting!