Vegas security guard pressing charges against Elliott?
Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott might be off the hook when it comes to any discipline from the NFL stemming from a May incident in Las Vegas. However, in no way does this mean the Pro Bowler is off the hook legally. According to a report from Enzo Marino of Fox 5 Las Vegas, the security guard involved in the altercation is pressing charges against Elliott. “To just not have anything happen to him, the NFL is basically saying, ‘Hey, it’s OK for you to go to Vegas, get obliterated, then go shove people over fences,'” EDC security guard Kyle Johnson told Marino.
The security guard who was allegedly assaulted by Ezekiel Elliott at a concert in Las Vegas back in May is pressing charges, and police have opened an investigation into the incident.
A representative for the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police told TMZ that Kyle Johnson contacted the department informing them. The incident is currently under investigation.
Johnson, 19, was knocked to the ground during a dispute at the Electric Daisy Carnival on May 19. Video footage appeared to show Elliott making contact with Johnson and causing him to fall into a metal barrier. Elliott was detained but not arrested after Johnson initially said he did not want to press charges. Johnson later said he.
Elliott didafter a disciplinary hearing with Roger Goodell earlier this month, but apparently that was not good enough. Elliott’s legal team claims Johnson is trying to extort the Dallas Cowboys star.
Report: Ezekiel Elliott wants to leapfrog Todd Gurley’s deal.
Last year, the Rams gave running back Todd Gurley a contract that the Rams now surely regret. This year, running back Ezekiel Elliott wants even more from the Cowboys. Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports reports that Elliott hopes to surpass the four-year, $57.5 million extension given to Gurley. (That’s a new-money average of $14.375 million [more]