•   
  •   
  •   

Crime Trial to begin for body donation facility accused of fraud

15:45  28 october  2019
15:45  28 october  2019 Source:   msn.com

San Antonio mother on trial, accused of helping son, two others break out of Bexar County jail

  San Antonio mother on trial, accused of helping son, two others break out of Bexar County jail Jurors are expected to begin hearing testimony Friday in the trial of a San Antonio mother accused of helping her son and two other capital murder defendants break out of the Bexar County jail in a high-profile escape in March 2018. Gabrielle De Arroyo, 61, is accused of helping her son, Luis Antonio Arroyo; Jacob Brownson; and Eric Treviño escape from the jail on March 2, 2018. The trio were picked up from the jail, and their hourlong freedom ended when they were captured near a Sonic restaurant near Hildebrand Avenue and Blanco Road, where they had been dropped off. They were taken into custody after a brief foot chase.

PHOENIX (AP) — Opening statements are scheduled Monday at a civil trial against a now-closed Phoenix body donation facility accused of mishandling A lawsuit alleges the Biological Resource Center of Arizona claimed the bodies would be used for medical research, when in some cases it

Opening statements are scheduled Monday at a civil trial against a now-closed Phoenix body donation facility accused of mishandling donated human remains. A lawsuit alleges the Biological Resource Center of Arizona claimed the bodies would be used for medical research

PHOENIX (AP) — Opening statements are scheduled Monday at a civil trial against a now-closed Phoenix body donation facility accused of mishandling donated human remains.

A lawsuit alleges the Biological Resource Center of Arizona claimed the bodies would be used for medical research, when in some cases it knew the remains would be used in destructive military testing.

It also alleges families, who were promised the cremated remains of relatives, received boxes purporting to contain their relatives' remains but later discovered the bodies were still at the facility or sold to third parties.

Owner Stephen Gore pleaded guilty to a felony for his role in mishandling the remains.

Gore denied the lawsuit's allegations.

Still, he acknowledged in his criminal case that the company used the donations in ways that went against donor wishes.

The Sante Fe High School massacre suspect isn't fit to stand trial and will get psychiatric treatment, attorney says .
Dimitrios Pagourtzis is accused of killing eight students and two teachers at his Texas high school last year.Dimitrios Pagourtzis was evaluated by three experts: one hired by the defense, an independent expert and one chosen by state prosecutors. All three agreed that the teen is not competent to stand trial, attorney Nicholas Poehl said.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 1
This is interesting!