Crime Timeline of shooting: Dayton police detective shot, in critical condition
Denton police officer in critical condition after overnight shooting during traffic stop
This is a breaking news story and will be continually updated as new information becomes available. Two people are in police custody after a Denton police officer was shot and critically wounded during an officer-involved shooting early Tuesday. The shooting took place just after midnight on the 1800 block of West University Drive. It began when officers pulled over a vehicle for an equipment violation, police said. During that stop, there was an exchange of gunfire, officials said. The Denton officer was shot and a back-up officer shot back at the suspects, Assistant Police Chief Bobby Smith said during a news conference early Tuesday.
A Dayton police detective is in critical condition after he was shot Monday night while serving a warrant with a Drug Enforcement Agency task force.
Here’s a timeline of events when DEA task force officials attempted to serve the warrant:
1. The unnamed detective along with other DEA task force members approached a home in the 1400 block of Ruskin Road in Dayton.
The only detail known about the officer at this time is that he is male, based on a tweet from the Dayton Police Department last night requesting thoughts for his family.
Man Sought In Germantown Shooting: Philadelphia Police
Two men were fighting on Wednesday afternoon when at least one of them pulled a gun and started shooting, police said.According to police, the shooting occurred at about 3:20 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 30 on the 700 block of East Locust Avenue.
— Dayton Police Dept. (@DaytonPolice) - A large amount of suspected fentanyl was found in the home along with cash & weapons. Detectives are searching the home & processing evidence. This is a very difficult day for our dept. & our federal partners. Please keep this officer & his family in your thoughts.
2. Just before 7 p.m., the detective was shot.
“We’re serving a warrant with the DEA. We need a medic,” an officer told a 9-1-1 dispatcher.
The detective was the only person injured and is in critical condition, according to a release from Dayton police.
Dayton, Ohio, officer shot, critically wounded
Dayton, Ohio, officer shot, critically woundedA Dayton police detective shot while serving a warrant as part of a DEA task force was shot twice, said Chief Richard Biehl.
3. Fellow officers loaded the injured detective into a police cruiser and drove to Grandview Medical Center where he is in critical condition.
4. Five people were in custody and questioned last night, Dayton Police Chief Richard Biehl said.
5. After the suspects in the house were taken into custody, a large amount of fentanyl and cash was recovered at the address, Biehl said. Multiple weapons were also found at the home, according to a Dayton police statement.
6. Around 1 a.m., four people from the home were arrested by a federal agency and booked into Montgomery County Jail.
- Just before 7pm a DPD detective, who is part of a DEA task force, was shot while serving a drug related search warrant on Ruskin Rd. The detective is in critical condition. There are 5 ppl being interviewed
MORE..— Dayton Police Dept. (@DaytonPolice)
They include Nathan S. Goddard Jr., 39; Courtney L. Allen, 34; Cahke W. Cortner Sr., 39; and Lionel L. Combs III, 40.
No charges are listed for the four.
7. The Dayton Police Homicide Unit is currently handling the shooting investigation.
The Professional Standards Bureau will handle the administrative investigation related to the Dayton officers who were on scene.
11-year-old boy dies after being shot in chest .
A weapon has been recovered, police said. Additional information has not been released. The 11-year-old's death comes days after a 10-year-old boy was shot in the back of the head while walking home from school in Philadelphia's Frankford section.(MORE: 11-month-old shot 4 times in grave condition, 2-year-old shot dead in mom's arms; police beg public for information)Weeks earlier a 2-year-old girl was in the shot dead in her North Philadelphia home. The day before an 11-month-old boy was shot and critically injured while in the back of a car in Philadelphia's Hunting Park neighborhood.
WATCH: Dayton mayor, police chief share latest updates in deadly mass shooting
Less than 13 hours after a mass shooting in El Paso, Texas, another gunman took the lives of at least 9 people in Dayton, Ohio. The shooting, which lasted one ...
2 men injured in Roswell shooting
2 men injured in Roswell shooting.