Crime Townville school shooting suspect Jesse Osborne sentencing expected this week
The Sante Fe High School massacre suspect isn't fit to stand trial and will get psychiatric treatment, attorney says
Dimitrios Pagourtzis is accused of killing eight students and two teachers at his Texas high school last year.Dimitrios Pagourtzis was evaluated by three experts: one hired by the defense, an independent expert and one chosen by state prosecutors. All three agreed that the teen is not competent to stand trial, attorney Nicholas Poehl said.
The 16-year-old suspect in the 2016 shooting at Townville Elementary School will be in court this week for a sentencing hearing.
In December, Jesse Osborne entered guilty pleas on five indictments -- two counts of murder and three counts of attempted murder.
Immediately after the shooting on Sept. 28, 2016, Jesse Osborne confessed that he shot and killed his father, Jeffrey Osborne, before he drove to the school and fired at first-grade students and teachers.
Osborne fatally wounded 6-year-old Jacob Hall, who died three days later. He also shot a teacher and another student who survived.
Phoenix police shoot armed robbery suspect
No officers were injured in a shooting that occurred near 43rd Avenue and Camelback Road. The shooting occurred around 7:30 p.m., in the area of 4 Police were called to the area and found a man with a knife in a parking lot near a Home Depot and a Carl's Jr. restaurant, Phoenix police Sgt. Mercedes Fortune said.The man refused officers' repeated orders to drop the weapon, and moved toward the officers, prompting an officer to fire her weapon at the suspect, she said.
The minimum sentence Osborne now faces is 30 years, with the maximum, which is being sought by Wagner, of life without the possibility of parole.
Fast facts on the Townville shooting:
- In September 2016, Jesse Osborne posts about planning a school shooting.
- On Sept. 28, 2016, Osborne shoots his father, , as his father sits in a chair facing away from him, police say.
- After killing his father, Osborne kisses his rabbit, Floppy, and his three dogs, he later says.
- Osborne's grandmother says he then called her, crying and “mumbling unintelligibly.”
- The grandmother later goes to the home where she finds her son, 47-year-old Jeffrey Osborne, dead. He was shot three times.
- After shooting his father, Jesse Osborne drives his father's truck three miles to , he says.
- Osborne had attended the school but was attending virtual school at the time of the shooting.
- At 1:45 p.m., Osborne , police say.
- Osborne fires a .40-caliber handgun, wounding a teacher and two students, police say.
- One of the students, 6-year-old , is hit in the leg, causing massive blood loss, doctors say.
- says he heard the call about a shooting at the school, sped to the school and tackled Osborne on the playground.
- Once in custody, Osborne gives police a lengthy confession. ( )
- Jacob dies three days after the shooting.
- Osborne is first charged as a juvenile with two counts of murder, three charges of attempted murder and five charges of possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime.
- He is later , making a life sentence possible.
- Osborne has been in custody since the shooting.
TOP STORIES FROM WYFF:
Eleven charged in major drug ring bust: Country's largest seizure of carfentanil, police said
Eleven people have been accused of taking part in a major drug ring that sent truckloads of carfentanil – a drug 100 times more potent than fentanyl – across the country, including $2.4 million worth of drugs that were seized in West Nyack, New York. The operation used long-haul truckers to move carfentanil, heroin, fentanyl, cocaine, ketamine and tramadol throughout the United States, authorities.The accusations were revealed in a press release this month from the Queens District Attorney's Office, which is leading the investigation.
READ THE FULL STORY:
CHECK OUT WYFF:
Santa Clarita shooting: Students return to Saugus High School to retrieve belongings .
Students of Saugus High School returned to campus briefly on Tuesday for the first time since the shooting that claimed the lives of two students and the gunman and left three others injured. Students were allowed to access the building for about two hours to retrieve belongings that had been abandoned amid the chaos of Thursday's shooting.A 16-year-old student, Nathaniel Tennosuke Berhow, pulled a handgun from his backpack and opened fire on classmates in the quad before turning the gun on himself, investigators say.Two students were killed at the scene and Berhow died the next day from his self-inflicted gunshot to the head.
Townville: Accused shooter Jesse Osborne to be tried as adult
Nicole Ford reports...
Charges expected to be filed against Jesse Osborne
The suspect behind the Townville Elementary School shooting may be tried as an adult Subscribe to WYFF on YouTube now for more: http://bit.ly/1mUvbJX Get ...