•   
  •   
  •   

Crime 2 women indicted on looting charges after Dallas tornadoes, court records show

22:05  24 november  2019
22:05  24 november  2019 Source:   wfaa.com

Teen indicted in massive warehouse fire will be tried as adult

  Teen indicted in massive warehouse fire will be tried as adult A teenager indicted in connection with a massive Hamilton, Ohio, warehouse fire will be tried as an adult. Logan Henry was incited on 13 different counts in connection with the July 25 fire that spanned an entire city block. Sign up for our Newsletters Massive flames shot through the mostly abandoned warehouse at 999 Laurel Avenue. The building was mostly vacant but was used for storage of some cardboard and plastic products in recent years, Hamilton Fire Chief Mark Mercer said.The fire burned for nearly two days, causing extensive damage to the warehouse as well as surrounding houses and businesses.

Two women were indicted Friday for allegedly trying to loot a home damaged in the Dallas tornadoes that came through the city on Oct. 20.

a man looking at the camera© Provided by TEGNA Inc.

According to court documents, a grand jury indicted Toni Caldwell, 43, and Rhonda Harper, 45, for allegedly entering a home on Nov. 4 that had been damaged in the storm and stealing from it.

The home was in an area that Gov. Greg Abbott had declared a disaster zone, according to indictment documents.

Harper had previously been convicted of aggravated robbery in 1996, while Caldwell had been convicted of credit card abuse in 2014 and aggravated assault in 1997.

Several new Epstein accusers expected to sue his estate

  Several new Epstein accusers expected to sue his estate Lawyers told a New York judge they were still fielding calls from alleged victims of the accused sex trafficker who died by suicide last August.The plaintiffs' attorneys made the disclosure during a court hearing related to the estate of the accused sex trafficker, who died by suicide in August.

The alleged looting happened on the 7700 block of North Haven Road, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

A neighbor had called police after seeing the two women walking around the property with flashlights and thought it was suspicious, the warrant said.

When officers arrived on the scene, they found the two women who then allegedly told them they were stealing from the house, the affidavit stated.

The women had tried to steal several power tools and other home goods worth about $1,150, according to the affidavit.

A spokesperson for the Dallas County District Attorney's Office previously said the office would use a new law that went into effect on Sept. 1 to seek harsher punishment for crimes committed in disaster areas.

2 Dallas County Deputies Arrested For Looting Damaged Home Depot In Aftermath Of Tornado

  2 Dallas County Deputies Arrested For Looting Damaged Home Depot In Aftermath Of Tornado Sergeant Rebecca Evans was Joseph Bobadilla's supervisor and allegedly assisted him in removing items from the tornado-damaged Home Depot on Forest Lane. require(["medianetNativeAdOnArticle"], function (medianetNativeAdOnArticle) { medianetNativeAdOnArticle.getMedianetNativeAds(true); }); She was charged with theft of property and booked into the Dallas County Jail around 3:00 p.m. with her bond set at $500.Sergeant Evans has been employed by the Dallas County Sheriff’s Office for 16 years.

Under the new law, if someone burglarizes a home in a disaster area, they could now face anywhere between five years to life in prison, the spokesperson said. The sentence for the same crime before Sept. 1 was two to 20 years.

More on WFAA:

RELATED: Tornado destroyed their home, car, and school but this surprise changes everything for a Dallas family

RELATED: Federal disaster loans now available for those affected by Oct. 20 storms

RELATED: Pain endures and Christmas in doubt for some, two weeks after devastating tornadoes

RELATED: Young boy's pet tortoise swept away by Dallas tornado found alive after storm clears

Harvey Weinstein loses bid to dismiss sexual assault charges .
Harvey Weinstein loses bid to dismiss sexual assault chargesNEW YORK (Reuters) - A New York judge has denied Harvey Weinstein's request to dismiss two predatory sexual assault charges, ahead of the former Hollywood producer's trial in January.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 1
This is interesting!