Crime Toddler dies after being rescued from fire in Burnside; elderly man still critical

19:30  26 january  2020
19:30  26 january  2020 Source:   abc7chicago.com

Coyote attacks toddler; father strangles animal to death, police say

  Coyote attacks toddler; father strangles animal to death, police say A New Hampshire man strangled a coyote to death after it attacked his child Monday morning, according to the Kensington police chief. Chief Scott Cain said the coyote's attack on the child, who is less than 2 years old, was one of many in surrounding communities. Sign up for our Newsletters The first incident happened about 8:40 a.m. in Hampton Falls, near the Kensington town line. Hampton Falls police said a person driving on Drinkwater Road reported that a coyote attacked their vehicle and then took off.About 20 minutes later, Kensington police received a report that a coyote had attacked a woman and her dogs at 3 Hemlock Road in Kensington.

An elderly man in his 80s died after he was pulled from a house fire and rushed to the hospital late Friday night. WBZ-TV's Paul Burton reports.

The man was rescued in critical condition when firefighters responded to the residence on the 900 block of West 47th Street just after 3:15 a . m ., the Los Angeles Fire Department said. The flames were mostly contained to a rear bedroom in the one-story home, LAFD said. Firefighters did not say if

A 2-year-old boy has died from his injuries after being rescued last Wednesday from a residential fire in Burnside on the South Side, Chicago police said.

According to officials, firefighters rescued the 2-year-old along with a 94-year-old man after a fire broke out shortly before 4:30 p.m at a two-story building in the 700-block of East 91st street.

The toddler, identified as Jacurion D. Lewis, was taken to Comer Children's Hospital and passed away Saturday morning, the Cook County medical examiner's office said.

a building covered in snow: Boy, 2, dies after being rescued from Burnside fire; elderly man still critical© Provided by ABC 7 Chicago Boy, 2, dies after being rescued from Burnside fire; elderly man still critical An autopsy has been scheduled to determine the cause and manner of his death.

2 young children rescued after sled glides onto thin ice

  2 young children rescued after sled glides onto thin ice First responders in Michigan saved two children from thin ice after a sled they were on slid too far from the icy snow onto frozen water. © Courtesy Christine Nazareth-Haupt Two children were rescued after their sled glided onto thin ice in their backyard in Shelby, Michigan, on January 19, 2020. The kids, Bobby, 2, Cora, 4, and Cayden, 13, were taking advantage of the winter snow and the Martin Luther King Jr.

Firefighters were alerted to the fire shortly after 5:30 a . m . Tuesday and quickly found out that the woman still was trapped inside the home. She was in critical condition when she was rushed to a hospital, firefighters said. Her son, who also had breathed in a lot of smoke, stayed behind to make

(AP) — An elderly man who was sent to a hospital on Cape Cod for injuries sustained in a house fire has died . WBZ-TV reports the unidentified Firefighters used chainsaws to open the roof of the large house, and extinguished the flames shortly before midnight. The cause of the fire is under investigation.

Officials said the 94-year-old man also rescued from the fire was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center where he remains in serious condition.

His identify has not been released at this time.

"He's a nice old man," said neighbor Lisa Hudson. "A very nice old man. He sits and watches the kids, he takes care of the kids. He's a very nice old man."

No one else was found in the building, the fire department said.

However, ten residents were displaced as a result of the fire, police said.

According to officials, the fire was ruled non-criminal in nature and may have been started by a space heater.

Second student dies after being hit by pickup Monday near Moore High School, police confirm .
A second student has died after being struck by a pickup truck Monday afternoon near Moore High School, Moore police announced Tuesday morning. According to police, officers responded at about 3:30 p.m. Monday to a collision involving pedestrians near Moore High School, near Main Street and Eastern Avenue. Sign up for our Newsletters Police said a red pickup truck struck six students, killing one person on the scene, later identified as senior Rachel Freeman. Officials with OU Medical Center told KOCO 5 Tuesday morning that two students, Kolby Crum and Yuridia Martinez, were in critical condition. Police officials confirmed during a 11 a.m.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 1
This is interesting!