•   
  •   
  •   

Crime Rod Stewart's plea deal on battery charge falls through

20:05  22 october  2021
20:05  22 october  2021 Source:   msn.com

Nikolas Cruz Reportedly Seeks to Resurrect Plea Talks, But Jurors Will Likely Still Decide His Punishment in Parkland Shooting

  Nikolas Cruz Reportedly Seeks to Resurrect Plea Talks, But Jurors Will Likely Still Decide His Punishment in Parkland Shooting If a guilty plea is indeed filed, the high-profile case will skip the guilt portion and proceed immediately to the penalty phase. The post Nikolas Cruz Reportedly Seeks to Resurrect Plea Talks, But Jurors Will Likely Still Decide His Punishment in Parkland Shooting first appeared on Law & Crime.The alleged perpetrator of the Parkland school massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High reportedly wants to try to plead guilty on Friday.

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A plea deal between British rock icon Rod Stewart and Florida prosecutors fell through Friday, meaning he and his adult son are again scheduled to stand trial on charges they battered a security guard during a New Year's Eve bash nearly two years ago.

FILE - Rod Stewart performs at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival on  April 28, 2018. A plea deal between Stewart and Florida prosecutors to settle charges he and his adult son Sean battered a security guard at a New Year's Eve party two years ago has fallen through. The pair are now scheduled to stand trial on misdemeanor battery charges in January. (Photo by Amy Harris/Invision/AP, File) © Provided by Associated Press FILE - Rod Stewart performs at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival on April 28, 2018. A plea deal between Stewart and Florida prosecutors to settle charges he and his adult son Sean battered a security guard at a New Year's Eve party two years ago has fallen through. The pair are now scheduled to stand trial on misdemeanor battery charges in January. (Photo by Amy Harris/Invision/AP, File)

Neither Rod Stewart nor his son, Sean, were present when Judge August Bonavita announced that a hearing in which a deal was expected to be finalized had been canceled. The pair are now scheduled to stand trial on misdemeanor battery charges on Jan. 25.

Kristen Stewart Shoots Down Fans Who Want Her to Play Joker Opposite Robert Pattinson's Batman

  Kristen Stewart Shoots Down Fans Who Want Her to Play Joker Opposite Robert Pattinson's Batman Kristen Stewart said she wasn't opposed to playing the Joker but would rather "figure something else out"The actress, 31, appeared on Variety's Awards Circuit podcast on Wednesday, where she was asked whether she'd ever play the Joker after fans launched an internet campaign to cast her in the role opposite Robert Pattinson's Batman. The two stars dated from 2009 to 2012.

This is at least the second time a deal has fallen through in the case, which has also been delayed by the coronavirus pandemic. The Stewarts face a maximum penalty of a year in jail, although such a lengthy term would be unlikely.

Neither prosecutors nor defense attorney Guy Fronstin immediately responded to calls and emails seeking comment.

The Stewarts got into a tussle at The Breakers Hotel with security guard Jessie Dixon on Dec. 31, 2019, not long before midnight, police have said.

They said the Stewarts were part of a group that tried to enter a private event in a children's area at the posh hotel, but were not allowed. The group, which included children, created a scene and would not leave, police said.

Dixon intervened and Sean Stewart, 41, got in his face, according to the police report. Dixon told officers he put the back of his right hand on the younger Stewart's chest and asked him to back up. Security video showed Sean Stewart then shoving Dixon and Rod Stewart, 76, punching him in the ribs.

Rod Stewart, a native of London, is a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. His greatest hits include “Maggie May,” “Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?” and “Tonight's the Night.” Queen Elizabeth II knighted him in 2016.

The Black divers searching for slave shipwrecks .
As many as 1,000 slave ships were lost at sea between the 15th and 19th centuries, when around 12 million enslaved Africans were transported across the Atlantic. Now the "Diving with a Purpose" team is trying to recover the wrecks and their storiesHowever, the water temperature was low at the site just off the coast of Cape Town, and visibility was poor.

usr: 3
This is interesting!