•   
  •   
  •   

Crime Prince Andrew Court Blow Is Key Step in 'Heroic' Quest for Justice—Accuser's Lawyer

21:07  12 january  2022
21:07  12 january  2022 Source:   newsweek.com

Settlement between Epstein, Prince Andrew accuser now public

  Settlement between Epstein, Prince Andrew accuser now public NEW YORK (AP) — A previously sealed $500,000 lawsuit settlement in 2009 between Jeffrey Epstein and an American woman that Prince Andrew claims protects him from an ongoing lawsuit was made public Monday. The deal between Epstein and Virginia Roberts, now known as Virginia Giuffre, contained a paragraph that said it protects anyone “who could have been included as a potential defendant” from lawsuits filed by Giuffre. In August, Giuffre sued theThe deal between Epstein and Virginia Roberts, now known as Virginia Giuffre, contained a paragraph that said it protects anyone “who could have been included as a potential defendant” from lawsuits filed by Giuffre.

Prince Andrew's failure to get a sex abuse lawsuit thrown out is good news for his accuser's "heroic and determined pursuit of justice," her lawyer has said.

Prince Andrew, seen at the IAAF World Athletics Championships London 2017, will face a trial in his sex abuse case after a judge dismissed his attempts to have the lawsuit thrown out. Virginia Giuffre's lawyer praised her quest for justice. © Richard Heathcote/Getty Images Prince Andrew, seen at the IAAF World Athletics Championships London 2017, will face a trial in his sex abuse case after a judge dismissed his attempts to have the lawsuit thrown out. Virginia Giuffre's lawyer praised her quest for justice.

Virginia Giuffre alleges that she was forced to have sex with the Duke of York by Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell in 2001, when she was 17 years old.

Lawyers for Queen Elizabeth II's son attempted to get the case thrown out on the basis of a $500,000 settlement agreement that Giuffre signed with Epstein in 2009. However, Judge Lewis Kaplan ruled on Wednesday that the wording of the contract did not clearly demonstrate it applied to the prince.

Giuffre's Prince Andrew suit goes ahead despite Epstein deal

  Giuffre's Prince Andrew suit goes ahead despite Epstein deal NEW YORK (AP) — A judge gave the green light Wednesday to a lawsuit by an American woman who says Britain's Prince Andrew sexually abused her when she was 17. U.S. District Judge Lewis A. Kaplan wrote in an opinion that Andrew’s lawyers failed to successfully challenge the constitutionality of Virginia Giuffre's lawsuit. Giuffre sued the prince in August, saying she was coerced into sexual encounters with Andrew in 2001 by Epstein and his longtime companion, Ghislaine Maxwell. © Provided by Associated Press FILE - Virginia Giuffre speaks during a news conference outside a Manhattan court in New York, Aug. 27, 2019.

The case will hang in the background during the queen's platinum jubilee celebrations in June, although the trial itself will likely take place later in the year.

Sigrid McCawley, attorney for Giuffre, said in a statement released to Newsweek: "Today's decision by Judge Kaplan denying Prince Andrew's effort to dismiss Virginia Giuffre's case against him is another important step in Virginia's heroic and determined pursuit of justice as a survivor of sex trafficking."

The ruling comes after the prince's former friend Ghislaine Maxwell was convicted of sex trafficking in December.

A witness in that case has waived her anonymity to tell the Daily Mail that she recalled Giuffre discussing having had sex with Andrew and showing her a photograph of them together.

The leaking of an alleged Deshaun Watson settlement offer suggests his legal cases will continue to loom over the NFL this offseason

  The leaking of an alleged Deshaun Watson settlement offer suggests his legal cases will continue to loom over the NFL this offseason As the trade deadline approached for the NFL last November, details emerged from trade talks between the Miami Dolphins and Houston Texans that had a clear mandate: For any deal involving Deshaun Watson to advance, the Dolphins wanted the quarterback’s legal issues settled. First and foremost, the 22 civil suits that were pending against the Texans QB in the Harris County Court system. The leaking of an alleged settlement offer from Watson appears to indicate the quarterback was at least open to that possibility. The Daily Beast reported the offer, presenting a redacted document allegedly from Watson’s legal camp that was reportedly advanced to one of his 22 accusers.

Carolyn Andriano said: "I asked her if she'd been to the palace. And she said, 'I got to sleep with him.' I said, 'What? You're f****** with me,' and she said, 'No, I got to sleep with him.'"

The prince has always maintained that he does not recall meeting Giuffre and that they did not have sex.

Giuffre has alleged via her lawyer's court filings that she feared death if she did not comply with instructions to sleep with Andrew in London, New York and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

The filing by attorney David Boies reads: "During each of the aforementioned incidents, [Giuffre] was compelled by express or implied threats by Epstein, Maxwell, and/or Prince Andrew to engage in sexual acts with Prince Andrew, and feared death or physical injury to herself or another and other repercussions for disobeying Epstein, Maxwell, and Prince Andrew due to their powerful connections, wealth, and authority."

The Supreme Court can’t get its story straight on vaccines

  The Supreme Court can’t get its story straight on vaccines The Court is barely even pretending to be engaged in legal reasoning.The first, National Federation of Independent Business v. Department of Labor, blocks a Biden administration rule requiring most workers to either get vaccinated against Covid-19 or to routinely be tested for the disease. The second, Biden v. Missouri, backs a more modest policy requiring most health care workers to get the vaccine.

Andrew told BBC journalist Emily Maitlis in a November 2019 interview: "Absolutely no to all of it."

Asked if Giuffre was lying, he replied: "That's a very difficult thing to answer because I'm not in a position to know what she's trying to achieve, but I can tell you categorically I don't remember meeting her at all.

"I do not remember a photograph being taken and I've said consistently and frequently that we never had any sort of sexual contact whatever."

Related Articles

  • Prince Charles Offers Prince Harry Olive Branch After Queen Overlooks Him Twice
  • Prince Andrew's Sex Abuse Denials Could Be Triggering for Survivors
  • Prince Andrew Faces Trial After Failing to Stop Sex Abuse Lawsuit
  • Why Ghislaine Maxwell Witness May Have 'Powerful and Credible' Prince Andrew Evidence

Start your unlimited Newsweek trial

Travel Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan to the commemoration of the USA? .
Prince Harry (37) and Herzogin Meghan (40) should travel to the memorial service for his deceased grandfather, Prince Philip (1921-2021), to the United Kingdom, but the recent dispute over the couple's police protection has questioned their return .

usr: 1
This is interesting!