•   
  •   
  •   

Entertainment ‘Charles in Charge’ Star Alexander Polinsky Accuses Scott Baio of Sexual Abuse

03:42  14 february  2018
03:42  14 february  2018 Source:   variety.com

Nicole Eggert Says She Contemplated Suicide During Alleged Abuse From Scott Baio (Exclusive)

  Nicole Eggert Says She Contemplated Suicide During Alleged Abuse From Scott Baio (Exclusive) Nicole Eggert is opening up to ET after she filed a police report against her former 'Charles in Charge' co-star Scott Baio on Tuesday. Eggert alleges Baio sexually abused her starting when she was 14 years old, and he was 25.The actress filed a police report against her former Charles in Charge co-star, Scott Baio, on Tuesday, after publicly alleging that Baio sexually abused her for years, starting when she was 14 years old. Baio has previously denied Eggert's sexual abuse allegations, saying she is "provably wrong" and "deliberately lying.

Alexander Polinsky , the second former Charles in Charge star to levy claims against Scott Baio , is alleging child abuse and sexual harassment at the hands of the star of the 1980s family sitcom. "I was sexually harassed by Scott Baio and ultimately assaulted by him between the ages of 12 to 15

‘ Charles in Charge ’ Star Alexander Polinsky Accuses Scott Baio of Sexual Abuse . UPDATED : Former child star Alexander Polinsky has retained attorney Lisa Bloom to represent him in his fight against Scott Baio , who he claims sexually abused him on the set of their ’80s sitcom “ Charles in

(Video provided by People)

Charles in Charge's Alexander Polinsky Accuses Scott Baio of Physical Assault & Mental Abuse

  Charles in Charge's Alexander Polinsky Accuses Scott Baio of Physical Assault & Mental Abuse New allegations against Scott Baio surfaced Wednesday from another one of his Charles in Charge costars: Alexander Polinsky. Polinsky, 43, provided a statement to The Talk which was read out while Nicole Eggert was on the show to talk about her sexual abuse allegations against the actor. Eggert said on the show that Polinsky, who played Adam Powell on Charles in Charge, went with her to file to the police station when she filed a report against Baio and Polinsky also made his own police report supporting her allegations. In addition to supporting the actress’ claims, Polinsky alleged he was physically abused by Baio, 57. His longtime friend and The Talk host Sara Gilbert became emotional reading his statement on his behalf, explaining, “He’s actually a dear friend of mine.” “Working on the set of Charles in Charge from age 11 to 15 was no picnic, it was a toxic environment,” Polinsky said in the statement. “I witnessed Scott Baio acting inappropriately towards Nicole Eggert during my first year of working on the show. I walked in on them together behind the set. Nicole was on Scott’s lap and he did not appreciate my intrusion. He yelled at me and called me various homophobic slurs.” He continued, “Growing up on the show I received regular verbal attacks, mental abuse and I also suffered a physical assault at the hands of Scott Baio. There is no excuse for his behavior. It is abhorrent.

Scott Baio has been accused of sexual abuse by former child actors he worked with on Charles in Charge . Another former child star recently spoke out. Nicole Eggert, who played one of three young children that Baio 's character Charles was caregiver for, claims that the older actor started making

Polinsky joins ex-co- star Nicole Eggert , the co-lead of Charles in Charge , who accused Baio of sexual assault at the end of January. “I was sexually harassed by Scott Baio and ultimately assaulted by him between the ages of 12 and 15 years old,” Polinsky said at a news conference

Former child star Alexander Polinsky has retained attorney Lisa Bloom to represent him in his fight against Scott Baio, who he claims sexually abused him on the set of their ’80s sitcom “Charles in Charge.”

Polinsky is the second Baio accuser to emerge following “Charles in Charge” star Nicole Eggert, who has also alleged Baio sexually abused her as a minor. Eggert is also represented by Bloom.

Polinsky will break his silence on Wednesday during a press conference to describe the sexual harassment and abuse he claims he endured at the hands of Baio. Eggert will also attend the press conference to give a short statement.

Last week, Polinsky first came forward as an accuser of Baio, claiming he suffered physical assault and mental abuse from Baio. His claims were made on “The Talk” when Eggert appeared as a guest, though Polinsky released a statement and did not appear on the talk show. The press conference will mark his first time speaking out.

Nicole Eggert claims Scott Baio has called her repeatedly since she accused him of abuse

  Nicole Eggert claims Scott Baio has called her repeatedly since she accused him of abuse The actress accused her former "Charles in Charge" co-star of molesting her as a teen."I've been getting a lot of harassing phone calls from Mr. Scott Baio, who has been telling me to leave it in the hands of the police," Eggert, 46, told a TMZ cameraman Sunday in Los Angeles. "He's been harassing me so much over the phone.

It's all-out war between Nicole Eggert and Scott Baio . Eggert appeared at a news conference Wednesday with former ‘ Charles In Charge ’ co- star Alexander Polinsky , who played her younger brother on the hit show. Polinksy is now accusing Baio of sexual harassment and abuse .

Former Charles in Charge child star Alexander Polinsky accused actor Scott Baio of sexually and emotionally abusing him on the set of the '80s sitcom at a press conference Wednesday, E! reports. "I was sexually harassed by Scott Baio and ultimately assaulted by him between the ages of 12 and

Rock Hudson wearing a suit and tie © Provided by Variety Polinsky came to Eggert’s defense early on, saying that he witnessed Baio’s inappropriate behavior toward her on set.

Last week, Eggert filed a police report with the LAPD regarding her alleged sexual abuse, and the claims remain under investigation. Eggert appeared on “Megyn Kelly Today” to detail her alleged harassment, claiming she was molested by Baio when she was underage. Despite Baio’s denial of her allegations altogether, Eggert has insisted that she was a minor when the sexual abuse began, which she said lasted three years with Baio, who is 11 years her senior. Eggert has also noted a power imbalance, given that Baio was the leading star of “Charles in Charge,” and has said she experienced suicidal thoughts following the alleged abuse.

Baio has repeatedly denied Eggert’s accusations, insisting that the actress was 18 years old at the time they first had intercourse, and calling Eggert’s allegations “lies.” Baio has also pointed out Eggert’s media appearances in the past where she has defended and supported Baio, questioning her change in heart during the #MeToo movement.

Bloom — who came under fire for representing Harvey Weinstein, though she resigned from advising the disgraced movie mogul — will also speak at the Feb. 14 press conference, alongside Polinsky and Eggert, regarding the actor’s legal options, according to the press release that was announced on Bloom’s Twitter.

 

George & Amal Clooney Donate $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Will Others In Hollywood Follow? .
George and Amal Clooney have just pledged $500,000 to help underwrite the efforts of survivors of the mass shooting at Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, to protest for meaningful gun control. These young people — who made a powerful plea on CBS’s Face The Nation Sunday and in other places — seem potentially to be the lightning rod that has been lacking in the attempt to hold responsible federal lawmakers taking vast sums from the NRA and refusing to enact any meaningful reforms in the areas of background checks and the production and sale of semi automatic weapons .

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

This is interesting!