•   
  •   
  •   

Entertainment Anthony Anderson, Steven Seagal, Harvey Weinstein Sexual Assault Cases Sent to L.A. District Attorney

02:55  10 august  2018
02:55  10 august  2018 Source:   hollywoodreporter.com

Harvey Weinstein Admits Offering Movie “Jobs” For Sex; Says Not A Rapist

  Harvey Weinstein Admits Offering Movie “Jobs” For Sex; Says Not A Rapist Just days after being lead into court cuffed by NYPD officers for a hearing on a new sex crime charge that could see the producer potentially behind bars for life, the not guilty pleadingHarvey Weinstein has decided to take his case to the press – and the questionable strategy ain’t pretty and has already been torn into by a “liar” declaring Rose McGowan. Accused by nearly 100 women of sexual assault and other misconduct and being investigation by law enforcement in on the East Coast, West Coast and in the UK, the disgraced producer told The Spectator magazine that he definitely abused his power but Weinstein insists he’s no rapist.

The Anthony Anderson and Steven Seagal assault investigations have been turned over to the Los Angeles County District Attorney 's Office And the D.A. also received another Harvey Weinstein sexual assault case . In all, the D.A. is reviewing 6 of his cases .

The Los Angeles County District Attorney ’s nearly year old sexual assault task force just got a whole lot busier with new cases involving Harvey Weinstein , Steven Seagal and Anthony Anderson . Les Moonves Won't Face L . A . D.A. Sex Crime Charges On Alleged 1980s Incidents.

Anthony Anderson, Steven Seagal, Harvey Weinstein are posing for a picture © Provided by The Hollywood Reporter

Three separate sexual assault cases involving Anthony Anderson, Steven Seagal and Harvey Weinstein have all been sent to the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

The D.A.'s office said Thursday that sexual assault cases involving Seagal and Anthony Anderson were presented by the Los Angeles Police Department to the D.A.'s office in August.

The Beverly Hills Police Department presented a sexual assault case involving Harvey Weinstein in June. 

The L.A. County D.A. is already reviewing two other cases sent by the BHPD and three others sent by the LAPD involving Weinstein. All remain under review.

Harvey Weinstein Attorney Says He Was Misquoted in ‘Roles for Sex’ Interview

  Harvey Weinstein Attorney Says He Was Misquoted in ‘Roles for Sex’ Interview Harvey Weinstein’s attorney said Friday that his client was misquoted in an interview published Friday, and that he did not admit to trading movie roles for sex. Weinstein was quoted by Taki Theodoracopulos, a columnist for the Spectator, as saying “Yes, I did offer them acting jobs in exchange for sex, but so did and still does everyone. But I never, ever forced myself on a single woman.” Weinstein’s attorney, Ben Brafman, said he was present for the conversation and that Weinstein did not make the quoted remark.“I was present for the conversation; it was not an interview, but a social meeting between old friends,” Brafman said.

Amber Anderson , actress[30]. Lysette Anthony , actress[31]. Compounded by other sexual harassment cases earlier in the year, the Weinstein reports and the subsequent "#MeToo" hashtag campaign "Julianna Margulies Claims Sexual Harassment By Harvey Weinstein , Steven Seagal ".

LAPD Submits Three Weinstein Sex - Assault Cases to District Attorney . 11:43 AM PST 2/8/2018 by Ryan Parker. Last month, Beverly Hills police submitted two cases against former film mogul Harvey Weinstein for the D.A. to review.

The LAPD confirmed that it was investigating Anderson for a crime on July 20, but did not give any other extra details. A report by The Blast suggested that an unnamed woman alleged that the Black-ish star had assaulted her.

Reps for Anderson denied any wrongdoing, saying in a statement, "It's unfortunate that anyone can file a police report whether it is true or false. The authorities have not contacted Anthony or any of his representatives about this matter. Anthony unequivocally disputes the claim."

In January the LAPD acknowledged that it had opened an investigation into Seagal, who has been accused of sexual harassment and assault by multiple women, including Jenny McCarthy and Inside Edition correspondent Lisa Guerrero. Portia del Rossi and Julianna Margulies have also shared stories of sexual misconduct involving the former action star.

Harvey Weinstein Gets Approval to Disclose Rape Accuser’s Emails

  Harvey Weinstein Gets Approval to Disclose Rape Accuser’s Emails A bankruptcy judge gave permission on Thursday for Harvey Weinstein’s attorneys to include 40 emails from an anonymous rape accuser in a motion to dismiss his criminal case. Judge Mary Walrath allowed Weinstein’s lawyers to use the emails, provided that the alleged victim’s name and initials are not used in the motion. Weinstein’s attorney, Benjamin Brafman, argued that the emails would show that Weinstein had a friendly, long-term relationship with the woman, lasting for four years after the alleged rape occurred in 2013.“They are endearing, intimate, pleasant, flattering, friendly emails between her and Mr. Weinstein,” Brafman said.

LAPD Submits Three Harvey Weinstein Sex Cases to District Attorney . The LAPD has submitted three sexual abuse cases against Harvey Weinstein to the L . A . County District Attorney ’s office for possible charges, a spokesman said Thursday.

Evans' allegations are one of five separate sexual assault allegations against Weinstein . The L . A . district attorney has a mixed record in high-profile celebrity prosecutions. Failed murder cases against O.J. Simpson and Robert Blake were considered black eyes.

Weinstein is currently facing multiple sex-crime charges in New York, with new charges added in July after a third woman had come forward with accusations. Weinstein pleaded not guilty to the original charges in June.

In L.A., meanwhile, investigations of alleged Weinstein assaults have been "under review" since January. The former movie mogul is also facing a police investigation in London after over a dozen women came forward with complaints.

Weinstein has denied all allegations of non-consensual sexual activity. 

Actor Dylan McDermott won't face sexual assault charges after district attorney says allegation is too old .
Los Angeles County prosecutors have declined to charge actor Dylan McDermott in connection with an allegation of a sexual assault in 1991, saying it is beyond the statute of limitations. Prosecutors on Friday issued an assessment of the investigation in which they determined the incident, alleged to have occurred in September 1991 in Santa Monica, was too old to prosecute. The statute of limitations for sexual assaults at the time was six years. “The allegation is outside the statute of limitations, therefore, an analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the evidence is not warranted and prosecution is declined.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks
This is interesting!