Entertainment: A.J. Calloway Out as ‘Extra’ Host After Sexual Assault Investigation - PressFrom - US
  •   
  •   
  •   

EntertainmentA.J. Calloway Out as ‘Extra’ Host After Sexual Assault Investigation

07:10  01 august  2019
07:10  01 august  2019 Source:   variety.com

Vatican waives immunity for France envoy accused of sexual assault

Vatican waives immunity for France envoy accused of sexual assault The Vatican has waived immunity for its envoy to France, who is under investigation for sexual assault, according to the Bishops' Conference of France. Archbishop Luigi Ventura, 74, is alleged to have inappropriately touched a junior male official working at the Paris city hall, deputy mayor Patrick Klugman told CNN earlier this year. The French government confirmed it received "confirmation from the Holy See that it waived immunity" for Ventura. The interim director of the Vatican press office, Alessandro Gisotti, said the decision demonstrated Ventura's commitment to cooperating with the investigation.

A . J . Calloway , a host on the entertainment news show “ Extra ,” was suspended by Warner Bros. on Saturday amid a growing number of accusations of sexual misconduct. In June, The Hollywood Reporter published the account of Sil Lai Abrams, a writer and domestic violence awareness activist

Photo: Dave Allocca/Starpix/REX/Shutterstock. On Saturday, Extra host A . J . Calloway was suspended by Warner Bros. Television after a growing number of accusations of sexual misconduct. Now, his accusers have spoken out in a new piece in The Hollywood Reporter.

Warner Bros. Television will “part ways” with “Extra” host A.J. Calloway following the studio’s investigation into sexual assault allegations leveled against him.

A.J. Calloway Out as ‘Extra’ Host After Sexual Assault Investigation© Erik Pendzich/REX/Shutterstock

“The company has investigated the claims made into Mr. Calloway’s conduct and he and the company have mutually agreed to part ways,” a Warners rep says in a statement. The studio didn’t clarify in the statement when the decision was made.

Warner Bros. had previously suspended Calloway last February. At the time of the suspension, Calloway’s attorney Lisa E. Davis said in a statement, “Mr. Calloway maintains that these unsubstantiated allegations are patently false. He vehemently denies that he ever assaulted anyone and looks forward to clearing his name.”

Social Media Personality and Actor Ray Diaz Arrested on Suspicion of Sexual Assault

Social Media Personality and Actor Ray Diaz Arrested on Suspicion of Sexual Assault The LAPD was alerted to the situation when a clip that detailed some of the abuse surfaced on social media.

A . J . Calloway . Photo: Dave Allocca/Starpix/REX/Shutterstock. On Saturday, Extra host A . J . Calloway was suspended by Warner Bros. Television after a growing number of accusations of sexual misconduct. Now, his accusers have spoken out in a new piece in The Hollywood Reporter.

A . J Calloway has been suspended from his hosting gig at Extra due to more sexual assault allegations against him, according to The Hollywood Reporter .

The host was arrested in 2006 after author and activist Sil Lai Abrams accused him of sexually assaulting her, but those charges were dropped. Last January, two women told the Daily Beast that Calloway had sexually assaulted them.

Calloway said in a statement in February, “As I have maintained from the beginning, these allegations are not true. When I was first notified about these allegations by law enforcement more than a decade ago, I fully cooperated from the beginning and the case was dismissed.”

Calloway has been with “Extra” since 2005.

Related video: A.J. Calloway: 'Extra' Host's Accusers Speak Out (Provided by The Hollywood Reporter)

Thorbjorn Olesen suspended by European Tour amid sexual assault investigation.
In a statement on Tuesday, the European Tour announced Thorbjorn Olesen is suspended until the outcome of his trial. "As it remains a pending case, we currently have no further comments," the tour said in a statement. Olesen is scheduled to appear in court on Aug. 21 on charges of sexual assault, being drunk on an aircraft and common assault, according to Metropolitan Police in London. According to the Independent and the Sun, Olesen—a five-time European Tour winner and member of the 2018 Ryder Cup team—allegedly molested a woman who was asleep on a ride from Memphis to London.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 11
This is interesting!