•   
  •   
  •   

PoliticsPence aide still refuses to reveal why trip was mysteriously scrapped

17:10  10 july  2019
17:10  10 july  2019 Source:   politico.com

Few answers for cancellation of Pence trip to New Hampshire

Few answers for cancellation of Pence trip to New Hampshire The abrupt change did prompt a last-minute scramble — and caused complaints among staffers about how the situation was handled. Pence boarded his helicopter at the Naval Observatory, his official residence, on Tuesday morning and headed for Joint Base Andrews outside Washington. He was scheduled to take off around 10:15 a.m. ET and touch down at the Manchester-Boston Regional Airport 70 minutes later, where he would then travel in a motorcade to meet former patients and make remarks on opioids at the Granite Recovery Center. But Air Force Two never took off.

The mystery surrounding Vice President Mike Pence ’s scrapped trip to New Hampshire last week is still alive, with his chief of staff Pence was scheduled to visit New Hampshire on July 2 to deliver remarks on America’s opioid epidemic. But Air Force Two never took off, and the abrupt change in

Pence was scheduled to visit New Hampshire on July 2 to deliver remarks on America's opioid epidemic. But Air Force Two never took off, and the abrupt change in travel plans generated significant speculation on Twitter and cable news. President Donald Trump said last Friday that people should

Pence aide still refuses to reveal why trip was mysteriously scrapped© Patrick Semansky/AP Photo Vice President Mike Pence was scheduled to visit New Hampshire on July 2 to deliver remarks on America's opioid epidemic, but Air Force Two never took off.

The mystery surrounding Vice President Mike Pence's scrapped trip to New Hampshire last week is still alive, with his chief of staff telling reporters Wednesday morning that he can't yet offer up an explanation.

"I can't talk about that," Pence chief of staff Marc Short told reporters on the White House driveway. He said the public could expect an answer "in a few weeks."

Pelicans reveal planned summer-league workload for Zion Williamson

Pelicans reveal planned summer-league workload for Zion Williamson NBA fans will get a pretty good look at Zion Williamson when the New Orleans Pelicans take part in NBA Summer League action. According to Pelicans coach Alvin Gentry, Williamson will likely play 24-28 minutes in the team’s summer league opener against the New York Knicks. The Pelicans plan for Zion Williamson to play 24-28 minutes in their summer league opener against the New York Knicks on Friday, coach Alvin Gentry said. — Malika Andrews (@malika_andrews) July 5, 2019 While the summer league isn’t always a great representation of the competition rookies will be facing once the season starts, it is still an NBA philosophy and style of play.

According to Politico.com, Pence scuttled the trip because he would have encountered former NFL offensive lineman Jeff Hatch, who as it turns out was under investigation by the federal Drug Enforcement Administration for arranging for the movement of 0,000 in fentanyl from

Pence was scheduled to visit New Hampshire on July 2 to deliver remarks on America's opioid epidemic. But Air Force Two never took off, and the It's also simple why Moore is going after the biggest players in drug distribution: because they have much deeper pockets than the manufacturers.

Pence was scheduled to visit New Hampshire on July 2 to deliver remarks on America's opioid epidemic. But Air Force Two never took off, and the abrupt change in travel plans generated significant speculation on Twitter and cable news.

President Donald Trump said last Friday that people should not worry about the situation, while also teasing that the reason would soon become public.

"There was a very interesting problem that they had in New Hampshire," Trump told reporters, adding that the reason will come out "in about a week or two."

"I can’t tell you about it. But it had nothing to do with the White House," Trump said. "There was a problem up there."

Senior administration officials have said the cancellation was not about national security and was not health-related or due to personal or family issues.

Pence's press secretary, Alyssa Farah, also tweeted last week, “It’s no cause for alarm. He looks forward to rescheduling the trip to New Hampshire very soon.”

Read More

Aussie kids take stolen car on 1,000-kilometre road trip.
Four children took a stolen four-wheel drive on a 1,000-kilometre (620-mile) road trip across the Australian outback before being nabbed by police, officials said Monday. require(["medianetNativeAdOnArticle"], function (medianetNativeAdOnArticle) { medianetNativeAdOnArticle.getMedianetNativeAds(true); }); A 14-year-old boy, two 13-year-old boys and a 10-year-old girl began their epic journey on Saturday when they took cash and packed fishing rods in a vehicle belonging to one of their families in the coastal Queensland town of Rockhampton, police said.

—   Share news in the SOC. Networks

Topical videos:

usr: 1
This is interesting!